Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 11 hours.

Racial Vulns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Racial Vulns

I havent really thought about this too much, it just kind of occurred to me and I'm sure someone has thought of this already.

Say I wanted to play an Elf/Drow or Storm/Fire Giant. Would it be possible to make it so you could use an item with their material vuln but be hurt once every couple hours or something in exchange for handling something deadly to them? Like wearing or even having it in your inventory and being hurt once every two or so hours. If I played a Drow or Fire Giant and got into a fight with another Drow or Fire giant I could use a silver/mithril weapon or an item like the icicle, or even Dwarves/Duergars with the water vuln.

Just wondered because I got to thinking that Avians can use stuff with their vuln and Giants can use mental weapons like the belligerent effigy.

Just an example of something close to this is the Vainglory weapon I think that casts Dispel Good, even though Good Aligned characters can use it.

***EDIT***

Obviously Elves and Storm Giants wouldn't fight amongst themselves since they are good aligned only, but Dwarves/Duergars/Fire Giants/Drow can fight each other and this idea could open up weapon/armor options for all.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: