Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Cross vs Crown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Cross vs Crown

Now that the cabal item for Knights changed (a while ago), should the right hand rune of the Nexus not be changed as well? Or am I being picky Smile

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Also, the Knights should be Knight of the Crown instead of Knight of the Cross now too!

jk iolo, personally I don't think it should be any different they are not directly connected.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject:

I was going to rename them to Crusader... don't think I will now though.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject:

Crusader for Knights is too cliche.
I can see it now [Crusader] Bob walks in, smite smite smite purify

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject:

That was the point. Its dumbing it down so players can feel they knew what was expected of them to do a good job. Currently, newbie Knights are always armchair quarterbacked by (either uncaballed or rival) ex-members who know the code better than they do. Sometimes players have been demoted due to this. I definitely don't like that aspect of the cabal scene and I'm sure there's a few less-vocal players who'll agree that there's too much additional bullshit involved in cabals. I'd like the burden of knowledge for the game to be lower, and I'd like cabals to be more clearly focused on killing and item capture. Knights is definitely a cabal with grey areas in its code, where you often have multiple options and its hard to see what the right one is. Hindsight generally indicates they don't make the right choices.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject:

Rename them to Guardians and make their purpose to stand watch for evil and then kill it. Guardians of Thera, the nubs who fight evil back into abyss.
Or some shit like that. Imo, it's easy to RP a Knight, there's even helpfiles that give you more than you need to know about this shit, but people are just baddies i guess, so help them cut a slice of cheese for their wine...

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I always find evil to be easiest to play for a number of reasons but first and foremost, goodies are held to a higher standard of right and wrong with regards to their actions and pk. It is the reason I have never had an acceptable decent Knight. With my personal skills set and overall views I do not end up on that side of the coin often. Honestly I could only ever rp a goodie that stayed completely away from pk due to this.

I do like the Guardian idea as it does give a clear view that your primary goal is to Guard against those who are evil.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Playing a Knight properly is difficult and subjective. I've had a Knight where the executor was bloodthirsty and ordered us to automatic fight evils who refuse to Oath. At the other end of the spectrum, I've been under an Executor who ordered not to start the fight when an evil refuses to Oath. So it really depends on the Executor, how present Olyn is, and to a degree how present Dav is. Also mixed in, as Dav suggests, is how new the Knight is and what kind of cabal mates they have. If Knights' duties were watered down to being explicitly "kill evils indiscriminately", being a Knight would be a lot easier...but a lot less fun and rewarding from a RP perspective, imho.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Although I haven't had a knight in a while, but a lot of the lack of discipline from knights that I have seen has involved ganks and fights with keepers. Ideally you would never expect a knight to gank someone because they should have honor and courage. Secondly a knight will appear blood thirsty if they kill a keeper because you would think a knight would not fight try to kill a keeper only defend himself to a point of running away unless the keeper invaded his cabal.

In my experience the biggest problem lies with skill from knights and general eq whoring to protect each other and not lose said eq. i would think that knights should kill evils that don't oath because you can't trust them. But just silently killing someone doesn't fit the knight rp either.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: