Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 4 hours.

Feedback for Recent Updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Feedback for Recent Updates

and go..

Last edited by Olyn on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject:

the elemental effect business leads to telegraphing, and it might become a problem with rangers and their barkskins. otherwise, invokers are looking more deep and rewarding to play.

Hellstream ignores resistances, hopefully it still gets its damage reduced by saves?

Avian has been needing that 1 con. a good change. slith I'm not so sure about, I never saw them needing more intelligence. they're pretty beef, like a mino zerker, and that's why they are class restricted.

half-elf thieves are really subpar compared to halfling or other high dex thieves, but we'll see how it goes there.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Like what I see. Does that mean illusionists now pwn purple potion users?

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:
Like what I see. Does that mean illusionists now pwn purple potion users?

oh god... I was trying to make sense of that before, but yes, it'll be the same vs other casters but quaffers might get pwned terribad.

I'm assuming that it's a cumulative effect with mental save, mental_save*spell_level = lower dispel chance, instead of dispel working solely on spell. if it did work on the basis of level alone, potion users would get hosed.

Or maybe not. maybe its like berserker rage, you need to lure them into a scenario where a dispel will cause insta-kill.

0 0 0
Ceridwel

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject:

The Errantry change for paladins is interesting. Was it considered over-powered? Remember that pally Knights can't use their mounts while on errantry (nor another one of their powers).

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Knight powers suck anyway, doesn't matter.

The errantry move thing was probably overlooked when errantry was put in. Might be wrong on that.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject:

at 1 move, errantry was better than fly scrolls or a mount. it also gave a bonus to damage on top.

fly scrolls cut moves in half, so a 2 move square becomes 1, a 4 move becomes 2, and so on.

mount does the same thing but has some drawbacks.

Errantry cuts all moves down to 1.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Nice. If Diablo 3 hadn't just come out I'd definitely be rolling right now

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Fireballer wrote:
at 1 move, errantry was better than fly scrolls or a mount. it also gave a bonus to damage on top.

fly scrolls cut moves in half, so a 2 move square becomes 1, a 4 move becomes 2, and so on.

mount does the same thing but has some drawbacks.

Errantry cuts all moves down to 1.

cause paladins are so l33t they def need nerfing.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Erlwith wrote:

blizzard got noticeably worse when they sold themselves to activision. the same company that fired a mass of people right before their dividends would mature and give the employees bonus money.

Quote:

cause paladins are so l33t they def need nerfing.

it isn't that they needed nerfing, but errantry was a skill that was purely good in all ways, and better than any of the other methods of movement available to the other 99% of classes. I'm all for buffing hybrids in some helpful ways, but pr-change errantry was bad just like DKs with cleave was bad.[/quote]

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Fireballer wrote:
Erlwith wrote:

blizzard got noticeably worse when they sold themselves to activision. the same company that fired a mass of people right before their dividends would mature and give the employees bonus money.

99% of classes

Lolz...

Avians have been needing the +1 con for a while.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I assume you mean because 1 class out of 18 isnt 99%, but the statement is an easier way to state "all other classes but this one".

Lolz indeed.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Why nerf healers? They are the second least played class out there right after bards.
Losing barrier, nerf to divine retribution and invigorate only working in one select area, why?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject:

kammkala6 wrote:
Why nerf healers? They are the second least played class out there right after bards.
Losing barrier, nerf to divine retribution and invigorate only working in one select area, why?

Give a class two new (very) useful spells and introduce the new concept of religious boons, and you're worried about divine ret drain...Expect religions to slowly become a bigger part of Thera, especially for clerics.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject:

kammkala6 wrote:

I don't really see those changes as really nerfing healers. Losing barrier does screw them slightly against the necro/illusionist army, but these other updates don't seem to have terrible pk implications.

No one uses divine retribution in pk as it takes the place of protective shield and dissipates as you walk anyway.

With perma-fly, healers would rarely be in a position to need to invigorate themselves. Though I would say this change basically makes invigorate a useless skill. What are the chances that you're going to be at your shrine when one of your groupmates runs out of moves? This is now going to be one of those spells no one practices to save up for trains. If you really want to put some restrictions on invigorate, give it a longer cooldown time or if you really want to bring religions into it, do something along the lines of: "_________ is god of dawn, you can only commune your invigorate spell in the hour of dawn." Limiting a spell to one room out of this thousands room game seems to be a bit harsh.

It's going to be interesting to see if their new damage spell has any practical pk applications on account of light hitting duergar, drow, and illithid vulnerabilities.

I was trying to think of any scenario where the healer would need to heal both himself and his groupmates at the same time since in pk all damage should be aimed at the healer and in ranking all damage should be aimed at the tank. But I guess two cases: (a) fire giant soldiers in Dankbark which do berserk damage to whole group (b) fighting mobs that swing, such as altar guards, but this leads into a whole different discussion of how having a group attack the altar guard is counterproductive on account of the swinging, high hitroll, and reduced damage of having multiple people in the room.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject:

The new damage spell does the same damage as dispel undead with the same (15) manacost. I am sure healers would rather keep barrier and invigorate instead of that. Or you dont think so?

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject:

kammkala6 wrote:
The new damage spell does the same damage as dispel undead with the same (15) manacost. I am sure healers would rather keep barrier and invigorate instead of that. Or you dont think so?

The group healing spells might be worth it.

Plus, healers lost barrier a while ago and no one raised a shitstorm. The grace period for complaining about barrier has come and gone.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
kammkala6 wrote:

The group healing spells might be worth it.

Plus, healers lost barrier a while ago and no one raised a shitstorm. The grace period for complaining about barrier has come and gone.

So if you nerf an underplayed class and people dont complain because they dont play the class it means its ok? Smile I bet if bards got nerfed most people would not complain because they would not care. Do the same with warrior and you see the difference.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I bet a level 8 healer trying to solo-rank isn't complaining about his level 2 new searing light spell.

0 0 0
kammkala6

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject:

So trading endgame power for better ranking at levels 2-15? I dont really see anyone wanting to do that, do you? And its still probably better to spend your little mana on healing and let your hits and your pet do the damage. Healing is what makes a solo healer do decent at low ranks, that and high ac.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: