Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 22 hours.

Outstanding issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Are there any items that can be edgecrafted that retain their elemental properties? I don't remember, but can thieves throw potions? There was a decent potion in the Tower of Sorcery that was maybe level 20 that was blind, curse and maybe something else that I think I remember I wanted to try throwing at something/someone...I could be dreaming though...was a long time ago.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I think that is going to be a case of trial and error. Your just going to have to go look and find out. Imms arent going to say Sure, if you go edge this one it does drowning damage. Its one of the things your expected to figure out.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I was more so just giving the people who didnt seem to think throw was good on thieves something to think about. Yes, edgecrafted items do retain their intrinsic properties.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:

This came to me after reading the grave yard post about why there aren't more skilled goodie players. One thing I have noticed in the few knights I have made in the last 2 years is that many of the goodie weapons are catered to giants or paladins. If you are a half elf you can't wield most weapons because they are too heavy or two handed. I would say decrease the weight or str requirement for all goodie weapons and give paladins the double grip skill. There are very few choices for a warrior/ranger for axe weapons really only useful one is the bejewelled axe. Mace I think there are a few but no one uses a vainglory any more which is sad that used to be such a great weapon. Sword is horrible for non giant non paladin, you can't use sword of the sun, heron is never in, and whats left as far as pretty damn good weapons vorpal sword? Random weapons are a decent substitute but if my options are sword of seasons or that bitch sword not even sure if goodies can use the latter or even vorpal especially for an elf.

0 0 0
Ceridwel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject:

As a half-elf paladin, the only requestable thing I can't hold is the Sword of the Sun. Everything else is fine.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Double grip, without Riposte WOULD be useful on paladins and not change the game mechanics overall.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject:

keep in mind through out the post I mentioned goodie weapons seem to be catered to giants and paladins. If you are anything else u get screwed.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Weapon balance is on my shortlist. Some weapons have aready been tweaked and more will be introduced in the new area. After that, I'll be taking a closer look at existing weapons that hit material vuln.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject:

Nadrin wrote:
Double grip, without Riposte WOULD be useful on paladins and not change the game mechanics overall.

I've considered double grip for the hybrids many times, which would solve plenty of issues. Weight, stuck in combat blinded, etc. But the imms don't care how well you argue a point if they don't like you.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject:

Your a fool if you think it has anything to do with Like or dislike. Especially with Olyn, who has been responsible for a lot of the changes of late. Its all about Balance.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject:

smh

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Hybrids are not now, nor were they ever meant to be an easymode class. They are meant for the experienced players who have the skill and the know-how to play the classes effectively.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Nadrin wrote:
Your a fool if you think it has anything to do with Like or dislike. Especially with Olyn, who has been responsible for a lot of the changes of late. Its all about Balance.

With Vanisse lurking around you better make sure you get your grammar correct...that is "You're a fool" Smile. That's for you Vanisse *pours some beer out on the ground".

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Maybe one of these days, I'll care enough to use You're instead of Your. Whats hilarious is when someone corrects your spelling in game. RP setting, were you hear words rather then see them spelled, and they can distinguish between them? Sure, Im an idiot for using Your instead of You're, but they are bigger idiots for pointing it out.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject:

flaming flaming flaming flaming

easymode easymode

Actually, double grip for hybrids does seem to solve some of their shortcomings (namely the weight issue). Having to rely on heavy armor to maximize the holy/unholy armor bonus plus carrying around saves severely limits the amount of free poundage that a hybrid can tote. I don't think double grip would tip too much power in favor of hybrids.

They gain some more space to carry eq, and double grip would give them the opportunity to switch combat styles while blinded. Paladins would still have to carry around a polearm if they wanted to take advantage of charge. DKs could use a spear to charge with and double grip as well.

Overall, I don't think adding double grip to hybrids would make them super l33t or an easymode class.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject:

Ugh I ask for feedback and I get "doublegrip on paladins". Barf. Wouldnt a skill to increase their carry weight be the proper thing to do if that is the true issue? Mediocre stats is a balancing check against the rapid learning of half-elf.. that includes their weapon wield choices. For that you can roll human. Seems like wanting to have your cake and eat it i.e. nobody would play human anymore. If human isn't the most common pick for a class, it's a sure sign that we've fucked up. I'm a lot more worried about extreme cases like halfling warriors, rather than paladins. I read about the ills of paladins every day on this forum and I'm bored of it. Lets just delete all the classes and play "Paladin Realms" instead?

0 0 0
Grunchel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject:

I'd say some issues would be things like the underworld, sort of a fun place, sort of not. I dunno. too easy to go through? on the other hand, I hate equipment. it is the bane of my AR existence. I don't even bother with rares these days, they take forever to gain and once I get them I don't feel like I have the reward from putting the time in. I think most of the pain is the fact that I can't solo the dungeon to get the rares(except for the underworld). I do like gambling equipment however, but I would like it if one could sell gear to gain 100% of the gold that you put in them instead of a percentage. Oh, and that they will trade their gear for gold faster. can't really think of anything pking wise, I like it the way it is. GYVELS, for the love of the gods plant another one of those somewhere, collecting one that takes forever to grow or dissolves if a player runs through the area is one of the most annoying aspects of the game. or make flying scrolls, flying potions, and defender potions glow to make a few players cackle.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject:

So what are you saying, you think we need to buff the underworld? I've had some things in mind for a while actually,

Regarding selling gear, it will penalize you because of your haggle skill, so make sure you maxed that. Besides haggle, the npc's have a markup to profit from the purchase....

You probably have no idea what I'm talking about... what happens is after some time (I think 30 mins) the item deletes itself from the store, and the storekeeper gets its value in gold instead. So for example, say a shopkeeper has 1500g. You waltz in, sell a brass plate for 800g, sell another for 700g. Now the shop is broke. 30 min later, the shopkeeper has 1600g. PROFIT!

This is a moneymaker. See if you can gamble at multiple shops instead of spamming one shop (example, Pel the armorer with Elmend on the avian mountain area). You can come back later after the items are cashed in, and get all the extra gold. You can actually end up richer than you started with better gear.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject:

The vamp class should be based off a series of increasingly difficult quests vs imm participation. Add an element of danger, like once you begin the quest your next death will be your last, until you complete the quest. All the other requirements would still apply.

I think it may add a dynamic for knights as well. Great rewards for killing a vamp app before he turns.

A bigger arena with the option of 3 or more participants. A arena scoreboard also.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Stiehl26 wrote:
Nadrin wrote:

With Vanisse lurking around you better make sure you get your grammar correct...that is "You're a fool" Smile. That's for you Vanisse *pours some beer out on the ground".

Very Happy hurray

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: