Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 11 hours.

How long have you been waiting to rank?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many hours have you been playing one or more characters and been either stuck in ranks or choosing sub-optimal groups to rank slowly?
10-20 hours
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
20-40 hours
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
40- 80 hours
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
80-140 hours
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
140+
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: How long have you been waiting to rank?

There's almost no tanking classes whatsoever, and I'm a little interested if it has to do with the slight dip in player activity. Most players these days are of rogues or casters.

If you feel like posting how your AR habits have changed due to lack of "tanks", feel free.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject:

rogues are decent tanks

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Fireballe2 wrote:
There's almost no tanking classes whatsoever, and I'm a little interested if it has to do with the slight dip in player activity. Most players these days are of rogues or casters.

If you feel like posting how your AR habits have changed due to lack of "tanks", feel free.

Have you thought about rolling a 'tank' class?

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject:

I don't really have issues ranking. Normally I don't think much about it. Also, with potions, rogues are as viable of a tank as warriors, if not more viable via sidestep.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Ceridwel wrote:
Fireballe2 wrote:

If he rolls a tank class, then there won't be any spellcasting support to back him up and he will complain some more. It's a vicious cycle.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Ergorion wrote:
Ceridwel wrote:
Fireballe2 wrote:

If he rolls a tank class, then there won't be any spellcasting support to back him up and he will complain some more. It's a vicious cycle.

*like*

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Isn't soloing super easy now?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Erlwith wrote:
Isn't soloing super easy now?

It's certainly easier than it's ever been. If you're the kind of player who trains stuff up, you can solo any class to 40 without a problem, mages included.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Ergorion wrote:

This was kind of what I was hinting at. Not characterizing you as a whiner Fireballer but if you're noticing a lack of tank classes, roll one up and be part of the solution. But that being said, I've actually noticed an INCREASE in the pbase over the past few months. Check out this who list from the other night (posted in someone's fight log on Invokation):

Code:

<102hp 211m 63mv no opponent>who
af
[ Human ] Draemos the Knight of Brimstone
[ Human ] Drardodon Adrardol the Entrance to Owaza
[ Fire ] Grar the Wrath of the Blasphemers
[ Stone ] Eldroc Venerion the Battlemaster
[17 Stone War] <PK> Quelie the Circumventor
[ Human ] Echildeus the Paladin Knight
[ Drow ] Lurayel the Black Lady
[ H-Elf ] Savas Takashi the Historian
[ Avian ] [KNIGHT] Eidren the Shapeshifter, Knight of Valour
[ Avian ] Arsyl the Master Summoner
[ Fire ] <PK> Tramdor the Confronter
[ Beast ] <PK> Glidel the Guardian of the Redwood Tree
[ Human ] [KNIGHT] Rhelana the Forest Patrician, Footwoman of Valour
[ Human ] Auvha the Shepherd of the Weak
[ Beast ] Evisu the Learned of the Drawn Bow
[ H-Elf ] [KNIGHT] Ikroma the Mistress of the Miyama Ryu, Champion of Valour
[ Beast ] Goyen the Trainee of the Strung Bow
[ H-Elf ] Dastro the Master of Silence, Squire of Ikroma
Players found: 18
There are 18 characters on; the most on since startup was 22.

I don't see a shortage of tanks here, do you? Maybe you're just playing at the wrong times.

0 0 0
Groq
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I see too many knights and squires that's for sure.. roll a legion, get on the top 5 pk list, have superb roleplaying and you'll win a free kitten. Ranking a mage is still a little tough but I usually never have problems ranking you just have to be on a while at times. Can't just log in and log off if I stay around either getting equipment, training, or just doing tasks or something I usually find a group pretty fast.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Ceridwel wrote:
Ergorion wrote:

This was kind of what I was hinting at. Not characterizing you as a whiner Fireballer but

You created a string ... another string, to whine about ranking. Why not give feedback on the threads regarding solo exp. and ranking vs complain you can't find a tank for x hours. Thieves and ninjas properly equipped have always made fine tanks, too. Each time you have an issue playing AR, doesn't warrant a new thread. I'm not the forum police, do what you want, just realize how you look.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Groq wrote:
I see too many knights and squires that's for sure.. roll a legion, get on the top 5 pk list, have superb roleplaying and you'll win a free kitten. Ranking a mage is still a little tough but I usually never have problems ranking you just have to be on a while at times. Can't just log in and log off if I stay around either getting equipment, training, or just doing tasks or something I usually find a group pretty fast.

Fuck a kitten, talk about a million gold and we might have a deal.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Erlwith wrote:
Groq wrote:

What if we split the difference and make it a goat?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject:

Ergorion wrote:
Erlwith wrote:
Groq wrote:

What if we split the difference and make it a goat?

a goat shaped pinata with a million gold in it or no deal

0 0 0
kapruski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

Erlwith wrote:
Ceridwel wrote:
Ergorion wrote:

This was kind of what I was hinting at. Not characterizing you as a whiner Fireballer but

You created a string ... another string, to whine about ranking. Why not give feedback on the threads regarding solo exp. and ranking vs complain you can't find a tank for x hours. Thieves and ninjas properly equipped have always made fine tanks, too. Each time you have an issue playing AR, doesn't warrant a new thread. I'm not the forum police, do what you want, just realize how you look.

Retard. I do mean you earl.

I stopped playing my caster classes because there's noone to rank with.

All these other tanks are just too low level, and people usually rage delete them.

There is a point to this post, even if you don't like it.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: How long have you been waiting to rank?

kapruski wrote:
Erlwith wrote:
Ceridwel wrote:
Ergorion wrote:

Retard. I do mean you earl.

I stopped playing my caster classes because there's noone to rank with.

All these other tanks are just too low level, and people usually rage delete them.

There is a point to this post, even if you don't like it.

There is a point to this string, I don't think I called it pointless I think I called it whining.

I'm the retard but you added an 'a' to my name out of absolutely nowhere...

" I waited 50 hours with no one to rank with this sucks!!! " Is not a valid suggestion to correct an issue in the game.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the delay folks. I've been getting my life together and haven't had a chance to drudge through these topics.

You know we have put in lots of stuff to make it easier to level:

- surges
- guild rewards
- overlord favor
- quests giving exp
- pets to fill in as the group tank
- mercs to fill in as the damage dealer (you can even take your guild trainee!)

I'm starting to struggle for ideas, honestly. What else do you guys want? Every class has dirt kick? That's obviously a big deal. I will put that on the mercs. Your pet doesn't tank effectively enough? Please let me know exactly what is preventing you from ranking.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject:

I'll be honest I don't see a problem ranking 1-35. Even soloing that is not the worst thing in the world. Yes it could be slow going but with the pet and mercs and being able to equip your merc with armor and weapons it makes life easier for those ranks. Much beyond that and your pet and merc stop hitting mobs as often and plus the potions become more expensive. At that point you really need to hope you are catching a Knight class or Legion class of inductees to ride as far to 50 as you can.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Corzen wrote:
Much beyond that and your pet and merc stop hitting mobs as often.

The guild trainees can be taken out at lvl 35 (or maybe 36?) and cabals can take out their own recruits at lvl 40. Those guys definitely do well, even against higher level ranking mobs. Giving mercs vuln weapons is a big deal, so don't forget that if ranking short-handed.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Olyn I don't know if everyone knows you can hand items to your mercs to wear them, what slots can merc wear again? Just to allow optimization of mercs?

My main point about anything beyond 35 is more the expense of potions. You would spend nearly as much time gaining coins as you would ranking. Again it is possible to grind out and also your training rate increases at those ranks. So in the long run you will be better off for the solo ranking/training there but it is a grind.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: