Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Ranger skills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanislav

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Ranger skills

I have a problem with figuring out how few of ranger skills work and helpfiles about these skills dont make any sense. Does anyone know what 'quick draw' skill actually does or how to force beast call skill to call for beasts(100% skill)?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject:

quick draw for rangers means you can pull out a bow without first removing a shield or your dual wield.

beast call - you have to be in forest type rooms and high enough level to get some of the beasts

falcon - someone in your pk enters area

boar - you butcher a corpse

wolf - you warcry

etc.

0 0 0
stanislav

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject:

Olyn wrote:
quick draw for rangers means you can pull out a bow without first removing a shield or your dual wield.

It doesnt work with a shield, looks like. Tho I have only 75 in quick draw? What would be a good way to improve it? Going dual then wielding a bow doesnt improve skill.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject:

i think quick draw and offhand alacrity are tied together (probably wrong) with offhand alacrity you can switch to any style regardless of what style you are in. For example you can switch from shield to dual without typing remove shield, dual dagger and what have you, but I normally never get a bow for my rangers till around lvl 25-35+ when the bows start to get pretty decent for combat. So I never really got the chance to mess around with quick draw by its self sorry.

For Beast call one way to train it is to get around lvl 30-ish and either walk around killing things in one hit (like goblins) and go to town butchering the corpses for a boar to show up or get someone in pk range to enter and exit a forest type area for a falcon to show up. Either way it's going to take a long ass time to train it.

I don't know how long you spent going dual then wielding a bow to train the skill but I find that most skills like quick draw, quick wield and offhand alacrity take a good bit of time to improve every once in a while. Sometimes it will jump up quick and other times it takes up to 3-4 hours of spamming to get a single point.

Not sure if my rambling helped at all but there it is.....

Also why is it so hard to find a decent bow at low lvls?
Or maybe the bows just don't "feel" like they do the same damage as the other lowbie weapons.....

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: