Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

Discuss fly counters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Discuss fly counters

For anti-flying, these are my suggestions:

charge - same as it is now

grapple - ninja skill, going through prot shield. It doesnt lag anymore as compensation. it will ground a flying opponent for 3 ticks. So the way a ninja goes is ---- grapple, then start trip. Also saps a chunk of movement when it grounds an opponent from the air, "winded" effect.

air thrash - (i know we dont have monks atm), unchanged. lag and damage through prot shield. 3 ticks of walking.

aerial tripwire - thief skill, going through prot shield. lags for 3 rounds and grounds opponent for 3 ticks. 1 use per day. Placing it wont lag a thief, but he can only place it in one location.

I prefer this kind of approach. I am not feeling very crazy about making characters into gimps while flying, like not being able to dirt and so on.

Let me know if you like these.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject:

Seems pretty good. I specifically like aerial tripwire.

Don't forget about aerial shot either, for rangers.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject:

What about a potion of grounding instead, which when quaffed will remove flying and thrown will cause falling damage and lag or w/e to flying people

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject:

You could also make DIVE CHARGE work both ways? Avian charges into the air and knocks BOB to the ground; Avian charges BOB from above!

If it works like that already disregard, but it'd be nice to combo with the 3 tick thing, provided weapon ward isn't up.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Discuss fly counters

Davairus wrote:
grapple - ninja skill, going through prot shield. It doesnt lag anymore as compensation. it will ground a flying opponent for 3 ticks. So the way a ninja goes is ---- grapple, then start trip. Also saps a chunk of movement when it grounds an opponent from the air, "winded" effect
I like it.

Davairus wrote:
aerial tripwire - thief skill, going through prot shield. lags for 3 rounds and grounds opponent for 3 ticks. 1 use per day. Placing it wont lag a thief, but he can only place it in one location.
Can we do this simply by adding an argument to tripwire, dealing the special affect if flying?
Code:
Syntax: tripwire high/low (default: low)

Arishel wrote:
You could also make DIVE CHARGE work both ways? Avian charges into the air and knocks BOB to the ground; Avian charges BOB from above!

If it works like that already disregard, but it'd be nice to combo with the 3 tick thing, provided weapon ward isn't up.
That's exactly how dive charge works. Charge at flying opponent from ground, charge at grounded/mounted opponent from air.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(i know we dont have monks atm)

Makes me feel like they are in the works on coming back?

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Kamehameha!

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Makankosappo!!

0 0 0
Beljia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Nobody mentioned aerial shot? That's how Aulau got Taelrask in Valour. Granted, it's useless against mages who have protective shield... But it can work in some situations. Like that thief who is trying to dual backstab you (applies potentially to avians and if anybody starts listening to Erlwith's suggestion in another thread) Like that invoker who is using one of the elemental shields instead of a protective shield.

As for the part on monks, something tells me it might be AIR THRASH which is coming back. We recently had thieves get assassinate, did we not? Who's to say another class might not get air thrash (I'm thinking ninjas personally)?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: