Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 7 hours.

Religious Specific Armor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Religious Specific Armor

I have heard some talks about this In-game and did not notice it here on the Forums, so I figured I would throw it out there. This would be sacred equipment, rot-death, and sorta like the Conquest/Remembrance armor, but without as much drawback. It would be available when the person reaches the required rank within the Church. Lightys would be able to request it where as Darkies would have to buy it, for a low price. I do not mind helping design some armor and descriptions if this is something everyone is interested in.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject:

That's actually a pretty cool idea. It would be nice to have something that proves how devout you are to your religion. It would also be a cool if there was a religion specific pet or something. just saying.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject:

Andrael wrote:
That's actually a pretty cool idea. It would be nice to have something that proves how devout you are to your religion. It would also be a cool if there was a religion specific pet or something. just saying.

Tattoos?

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject:

This could easily go into a slot like earrings, neck or floating. Something not too distracting or detrimental to sets.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject:

yeah and we have what 1 tattoo in the game? Euriah got his almost instantly... Must have an IMM buddy or be an IMM.. Just saying...

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject:

Why are you saying that beia?

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject:

It's called a "Jump to Conclusions Mat".

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject:

You stand at the edge and then "JUMP" to a conclusion.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Every time I read these boards, it becomes the worst day of my life. Effectively making every day, the worst day of my life.

this is part quote from the movie. please don't think im attacking anyone or the boards or the game. thx. bai.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Euriah earned his tattoo.

0 0 0
Arishel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject:

There is always a lab rat. Tattoos will come, give it time.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:

It seems sketchy is all. Not even 24 hours after the Religion Update with tattoos came out, Euriah already had one, granted he did "Defend the Cabal" -against a level 50 Necromancer who spam dies to almost everyone- when he was rank 45, he is skilled yes, then you have people like Lucidique, Rondak, Veridon, Eloret, who are all passed rank 4 in there cabal with no Tattoos.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject:

what staff does and why they do it isn't always straighforward. I've watched cabal leads get titles instantly, Eloret has had a couple of them. I've seen other cabal leads wait around for months and get no titles. Mkatos was inducted, cabal lead, and titled in literally like a month. Meanwhile 3-4+ months of cabal activity to be told something like "You're not ready to lead a cabal" is what other players get. It can be infuriating if you let it, but why not just play the game for fun and not give a care who staff favors and does not favor? Anything else is just going to piss you off, and in my experience the highest level staff tend to try and be as fair as possible.

while it is often who is behind the character that determines how they are treated, there are often many other factors considered when staff do things. Though you may not agree with them either. maybe that specific race/class combo was the first that needed to be tested. :shrug: either way who gives a damn everyone will get one eventually they won't run out.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject:

beia wrote:
Davairus wrote:

It seems sketchy is all. Not even 24 hours after the Religion Update with tattoos came out, Euriah already had one, granted he did "Defend the Cabal" -against a level 50 Necromancer who spam dies to almost everyone- when he was rank 45, he is skilled yes, then you have people like Lucidique, Rondak, Veridon, Eloret, who are all passed rank 4 in there cabal with no Tattoos.

Beia, Euriah was level 40 when he killed the 50 necromancer who invaded. That's why the kill meant something.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I generally let a cabal's imm tell me if their leader deserves a title and doesn't have the authority to grant it him/herself. In the case of Mkatos, Nycticora asked for one to be placed and I'd say it was well-deserved. I remember giving Jaux one brcause he was doing a solid job as a one man show for so long. Nothing appropriate ever came.to.mind for Valox. He was a solid character, but a title.like "the overly cautious dirt kick monkey" didn't really fit a forsaken.

0 0 0
Eloret
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Olyn wrote:
"the overly cautious dirt kick monkey" didn't really fit a forsaken.

LOL!!! Yeah I remember when Jaux got his title and why. Well deserved.

I think the thing to take away from this whole tattoo thing is in the past they were only handed out for epic tasks being completed or exceptional RP/Effort. I don't think every character in the game should get one and it isn't me trying to say that anyone's RP is not good just that if everyone gets one then what's the point of having something like that? It should be a reward and you should try your best to RP and if in a cabal do a good job and you will be rewarded for you efforts, that I am sure of.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject:

I've asked this because of three reasons:

1) beia already received custom titles and character restores, and is one of the few people to have ever done so, which made me wonder why he in particular thinks that Immortals do favours for people. He's certainly not an OOC friend of any Immortal I know, so he kind of refutes his own point by his own existence. I would understand, maybe, if someone else made that point, anyone but him, because to anyone but him it should rightly look undeserved, see my next point.

2) He has actually sent me pm's and notes saying he will only play this mud if I restore his characters, while bizaarly still silent pk'ing on alts. Obviously requests like that are what's going to get a player ignored, and it seems like borderline insanity for this guy to think he's been disregarded because he is not friends with Immortals. The reality is he's been behaving like an unsavoury player for a while now. He recently played Zolis, a character which was kicked out of knights and outcasted to evil as a halfling thief. This is the kind of thing we've already suffered negative reviews about on the mudconnector and should absolutely *not* be doing again, so I was definitely not impressed in any way by this player.

3) The insinuations piss me off and make me feel that much more like never doing restores and custom titles again - to anybody.

I'll probably ban this guys site if he keeps it up.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Well if we must go there, I delete Savas because I was wrongfully* removed from the Knights as Zolis. When I explained myself in the afterlife thread, Dav offered to restore him, I did not ask for that and I am appreciative of it, moving on, I made a silly drunk mistake trying to leave some EQ laying around and grab it on an alt, boom both Savas and my alt deleted. I moved on playing Zolis and Kirlin until I was pked on Kirlin and deleted him along with Zolis and decided to separate myself from AR, during that time I sent Dav some PMs asking about having Kirlin restored, no response, so I rolled a few toons and here we are now... At yet another crossroad here in Abandoned Realms. I have never expected any type of special treatment in game. I was simply pointing something I thought was interesting out. I have no clue if Euriah has IMM buddies or not, I was simply saying it looked that way. That is all.

*Zolis was removed from the Knights because the Immortal leader of the Knights thought it was against the rules to out yourself in the Forums, which it is not. When offered a chance to fix things, I spoke to another IMM and found out I had the RARE chance to be an Evil Halfling, I took that offer instead.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Beia, you should stop while you are ahead. I know this by experience. You are not going to get ahead by arguing with dav, or trying to explain your point. Just drop it and move on.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject:

If I was an imm I'd boot you for revealing yourself too. You should be setting an example as a cabal member. That is their discretion. Though it should be a clear point made so people don't go ahead and do it and then find out after they're getting booted.

And you cheated.

The fact that you had a char restored period is really pretty surprising to me. It never ever happens, so I have to agree with dav that if anyone looks like they received favoritism, it'd be you.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: