Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

Sideswipe nerf

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Sideswipe nerf

I've taken the winding kick off of sideswipe and lowered the lag (a lot) and damage a little. Volley and its rake remains.

You will therefore be safer fighting warriors while wielding two handed weapons, although they can still hobble you, but in terms of picking your poison right now, that probably makes it the safety option.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Now this change doesn't really make all that much sense. Not with Rogues still having all those extra abilities attatched to theirs.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Rogues have extra abilities in part because they have less hp and lesser weapon selection, that makes them need to be a bit more lethal and a bit more specialized.

Two-handed looks like a more measured approach, and overhead has its wind-up now. So my goal is to reign this in a bit and create the following true statement - If you don't really know what the hell you're doing with combat styles, wear two-handed and the worst case is getting tanked too well to have win-viable damage. Its what everyone else does. (Pals, DKs). That's a pretty true statement without the -strength/-move winding kicks and huge lag. Bow's problems remain.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Well already sideswipe is vastly less effective against pallies and dks because of holy/unholy armor. As it sits, sideswipe is only really useful against bow wielding rangers, or warriors/zerkers in two handed stance. You wouldnt sideswipe a rogue, because hobble is better, and dks pallies doesnt help.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Seems ok.

0 0 0
Rensumi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I fought a couple palladin's and DKN's or Vamps (I assume they have unholy armor still) I barraged 4 times and no arm numb, I've hobbled 3 different times while advantaged and not get the leg numb and sideswiped quite a few times and never got the desired rake effect either. So really this is only making rangers get less messed up by using bows against shield wearing warriors. Instead people will not use sideswipe and switch to hobble/bash. What i'm getting at is Holy/Unholy Armor is too effective. Especially with the 22str palli/dkn's around now the weight won't even be an issue and they will be able to wear the heaviest of every armor piece they can get their hands on. The Drow's I feel for they need it. I've seen Drow/Elf Dkn/Palli's get bash killed numerous times. Aside note maybe make dirt kick a str/dex based skill this way Giant Warriors who don't dirt use it more often. That is the best skill against DKN/Palli's warriors have now.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Having the 22 strength pallies and dark-knights will make them truly viable. If you have ever been sideswiped as a half-elf paladin wielding a two handed, you know exactly why this needs to be changed. Two round lag, sometimes, lol, on TOP of the winding kick. It was stupid. I am very pleased with this change.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject:

You aren't listening Kento. Sideswipe is only viable against fighters now. it is useless against hybrids. There is no lag, no rake, nothing on Pallies, and DKS. Those skills have not worked on them since the changes to holy/unholy armor.

0 0 0
Grunchel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject:

I still only use bash and concentration against hybrids. Seems to work okay, not sure about using it against jotuns. Really depends on the hybrids armor and pretty sure size is still a factor if not I'd like to know. What's funny about this change is that I never trained kick to begin with. A shield is pretty useful against bow wielding rangers while bashing so I'm not seeing the issue.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject:

Kick is useful especially if you are in evermore in reflex winding kicking the mobs.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject:

Maybe it's due to low strength not letting me wear heavy enough armor, but within the past couple of months I was devoured by a sideswiping warrior's lag. It is not full proof in my experience. Holy armor is supposed to protect against bash but i have also seen no effect from that be eased. Dirt is death for a hybrid still anyway.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject:

kento wrote:
Holy armor is supposed to protect against bash but i have also seen no effect from that be eased.

Holy armor doesn't help ease the consequences of getting bashed, it helps you avoid getting hit with bash, similar to the dodge skill.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: