Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 5 hours.

High Dex/Wis/Int vs High Str/Con
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Voltron wrote:
Nycticora wrote:
Drow and human DKs have the same HP

How does a 20 con race and a 16 con race have the same HP?

all the spare practices to convert to trains. They still have inferior shield block and parry, by a long shot.

Nycticora wrote:
Nadrin wrote:
Then why would anyone play a human dk if they have the same hp? Low hp for drow is one of the drawbacks of playing them...

because human DK is the strongest DK right now by far

I find the accusations of Rheloth being 'the absolute best' and 'uber buffed' absolutely laughable. Good on him though, I guess.

Also man, calling our current no-guard Justice cabal "cheese" makes me want to swoop back in with guns blazing and re-enable special guards. If you think justice with all the shit they have to put up with is cheese I don't even know what's going to happen to you when the next uncaballed human shaman rolls up. You better have Life Alert on speed dial for when that neck vein ruptures

I've seen special guards hanging out and helping apprehend recently. Also, You have no idea how good an extra 150ish hp is for a dk to have. Justice shield and all that.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

You're talking to the guy who just played an 1100 hp drow invoker

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
You know, I actually I played a level 50 elf warrior. I was running around in 60 hitroll with winter eq realizing I didnt really care about hitroll because I had too low of hp and con (I believe 720 max hp with really crappy 15 con hp regen). It was rather obvious after fighting Rolf's ranger that this was going to be no good. After playing it, I changed dodge so that int would improve it in future, in the same way that parry is improved by wisdom. That's what elf warriors needed. They don't need 60 hitroll, they are not going to last if they can't tank.

Davairus wrote:
Also, its definitely worth adding to this that DEX affects the amount of mv you gain per level. So it is definitely easier to run away with a high dex class, even ignoring armor class. You need to factor this into your assessment. It matters. People actually spend precious trains on mv for this reason. That was another thing that I accounted for, since giants have the crappiest dex they also have the lowest mv.

Maybe that's why they should have the extra hitroll advantage from dex while giants get no extra HR adavantage.. so they can squeeze hp gear on and be more tanky while having equal firepower, or lose the hp gear to have superior firepower but inferior health. Think muhammad ali and a flyweight. the ali hits you once and it really hurts, but the fly weight gets multiple hits in.

Currently, giants are like the combined version against flyweights. large hits and lots of em. thats due to lower parry and shield block skills, and dodge getting negated many times, and now its harsher with hitroll attached to strength.

As for calling him uberbuffed, yes he reminds me of ramod's justice necro with those nimbuses of power. But you probably weren't around then.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

Nycticora wrote:
You're talking to the guy who just played an 1100 hp drow invoker

funny. ha. ha.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject:

It's not a joke.
http://ar.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=5604

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Reach advantage does way, way more to unbalance a fight between two martial artists than one being a bit quicker than the other.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

linking to a ninja PoV. Alright, then...........................

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Reach advantage does way, way more to unbalance a fight between two martial artists than one being a bit quicker than the other.

conversely, full power cant be developed if your opponent is too close compared to your arm length.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

was a bad link, edited

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

so Im assuming every unique HP gear in the game.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

No. This character maxed out on hp at about 1300 and change, and then I dropped some for saves and wis buffs (to wield Vainglory against Lachras, who is not me fwiw). There was not a single piece of equipment on me that wasn't easily soloable with no risk, and the majority of it came from well-known, heavily traveled areas.

You are playing the game at way too low a level.

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

Okay. Let's assume that you get equal hp gains to a warrior. Look at dav's warrior. 700ish hp? so you're telling me, that you got 600 hp from easy to gather solo equipment..

Class modifies hp gains, so a warrior should have more than an invoker. both being elf/drow, they get to one prac everything and shove all the pracs into trains.

Also, this is an interesting tangent from the main topic at hand, which is that, as even DAV said, elf/drow warriors are gimpy. You cant just spam hp gear onto physical classes without losing hit/dam.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

I already took care of this.

0 0 0
Miley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
Well, first of all, Ive had enough dks to get a feel for the average hps.

Miley doesn't seem to know what I mean, so I should explain that hp gains are randomly determined. As in, every level could give you 10 hp or 14 hp, or any variation. I think I recall sometimes getting 9 hp for drow dk, but I'm not sure. So when Rheloth posts logs of being 800 hp, I find that highly ridiculous in terms of gains. That's amazing, and with an extra ~150 hp (doubled by sanc), I would've done significantly more body counts. My dks were gimps compared to Rheloth in every sense of the word. I'm not bagging on the randomized system, but people often forget that luck of dice rolls plays a big ass role in hp/mana gains, and thus helps determine a star or dud character.

MY IMAGE IS TOO BIG AND I UNDERSTAND THAT FROM NOW ON I WILL NOT QUOTE HUGE PARAGRAPHS OR INCLUDE EVEN BIGGER IMAGES IN MY CONTENTLESS POSTS BECAUSE IT IS EXTREMELY RUDE AND I AM NOT ON 4CHAN OR REDDIT

0 0 0
Miley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Rheloth has engraved malicious beast set and helm of justice, his base hps are somewhere around 750, which is completely fine! My drow ninja had 770 base hps on 50.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
Okay. Let's assume that you get equal hp gains to a warrior. Look at dav's warrior. 700ish hp? so you're telling me, that you got 600 hp from easy to gather solo equipment..

Yep, that's about the size of it. I also had about 470 armor class in every field, including magic, and my mental and mal saves were both maxed out (the minimum 5% chance of landing any spell).

I'm going to go one step further and say that if you can't land constant natural ***DEVASTATES*** on your DK, you might as well delete it right now.

You really need to re-evaluate your understanding of every part of the game, because the entire pbase (with the exception of only 4 players I can think of off the top of my head) are woefully miscalibrated to the point they think Thews and Malicious Beast is the best shit in the game

Last edited by Nycticora on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

okay good. Im glad to finally have the answer that drow dks suck. Think I'll just leave the entire game for a while instead with your attitude nyct.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

What kind of damage do you think Rheloth is doing? MANGLE through sanc doesn't come from a portable hole

0 0 0
Fireballe2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

If you dont think 30 hit and 40 dam without any unholy strength is enough. and I came back to post their EQ because its clearly decked gear and I doubt it was gotten solo.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Fireballe2 wrote:
I've seen special guards hanging out and helping apprehend recently. Also, You have no idea how good an extra 150ish hp is for a dk to have. Justice shield and all that.

I'm pretty sure it's been about a year since we overhauled the Justice cabal. Special guards haven't assisted in any circumstances since then. They exist to show up and loot, but that's it. I don't think you can even hit one with a fireball. I would argue that Justices get fewer PK opportunities than anyone else. Want to avoid a Justice? Go sit in town. They're the only major cabal who can't invade other cabals and, a year later, people are still afraid to get wanted. Justice has absolutely no special combat abilities to 'cheese' wanted people like they used to. Ensnare is for the top dawgs only, and you're no longer ensnared with a badass special guard.

I think the helm is 50 hp. There's no shield anymore.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: