Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 20 hours.

Mystic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merindol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Mystic

I think they need to bring mystic back any thoughts suggestions?
Or replace it with another cabal, We need something to do with magic tho..

lets here em!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject:

This has been suggested more times than I can count, and as far as anyone can tell the Mystics are never going to be brought back.

Ever.

I think Burzuk and crew have expressed their views on cabal suggestions (basically as "suggest it, and if it has a unique-enough aspect and fits within the game we'll consider it from there") before, so I'd start by suggesting a plausible idea for a replacement rather than "this was cool, let's do it again." I'm not trying to knock the wind out of your sails, but I do believe you'll get more of a serious response if you try and suggest something rather than try to beat a dead horse.

0 0 0
Merindol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: true

I've been away for quite some time i think just after they got rid of mystic
and I had my necro, Im back now tho, I will take in consideration that it will never come back and perhaps think up something that might be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

0 0 0
a_man201

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been able to get a tattoo made for a clan Seekers sounds lame but heh all I could think of at the time it just a bunch of mages dedicated to magic all forms are allowed just send a note to Odgu it will just be n the description for untill I can get the imms to make it a real one.

0 0 0
Solitare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject:

a_man201 wrote:
I haven't been able to get a tattoo made for a clan Seekers sounds lame but heh all I could think of at the time it just a bunch of mages dedicated to magic all forms are allowed just send a note to Odgu it will just be n the description for untill I can get the imms to make it a real one.

Make sure to make liberal use of periods when you send that note.

0 0 0
Tasphin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject:

You could call them MAGUS or ARCANA, or something like that... it could strive to maintain a balance of power amongst the forces of magic (thus allowing all alignments) while serving as an organization for magic users who aren't interested in the power struggle between good and evil and aren't dying to write poetry. They wouldn't consider healers or shamans casters because the religious affiliation isn't really tapping into magic so much as calling upon a diety. I don't know what kind of cabal powers anyone has because i've only ever had one cabaled char and he was in Herald... and that was quite a while ago... so I don't know what would be appropriate... the only reason I would really care if there was a magic based cabal is because maybe then they could work a way to fix Market Square, or at least build a bridge over the gaping hole that it is now... I'm to lazy to run around in circles hehe...

0 0 0
saracelrin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject:

If i remember correctly(haven't checked site yet) shamans and healers are clerics not mages.the mages guild was formed to enlighten, educate and entertain.it was split into invokers and illusionists,the necromancers being outcast.
a cabal for invokers,illusionists and psions would be nice maybe based on the original concept of educating and entertaining.no fancy and overpowered skills just amusing ones.mages are able to hold there own with out cabal powers so skills and abilities like giving out magical maps for common areas that warn you of traps(like training daggers whisper),casting a spell that is similar to everlasting day/night that instead makes the room look like a swamp,volcanic,underground(you get the idea)that have no affects other than room description.a spell that makes a light of five balls of fire with differing colors(maybe it reveals that people are hidden without giving a name),you can give illusions of halo's or make them ugly.
thats all i can think of right now so you can think of some more for me please, it makes my head hurt thinking this hard this time of night, anyone got the number for the AR anonymous clinic?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: