Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Ragers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Ragers

I am so tired of stopping in the middle of working on cool stuff to deal with ragers. You take time out of not one but every immortal online by making a drama fest while we are usually working on something to make enjoyable/useful things for the entire playerbase. Please stop being drama queens over your own mistakes that you refuse to own up to. Thank you.
- Vanisse

Edit:
So I made this post in the direct aftermath of dropping everything I was doing to go and try to talk reason into a person who wanted to rage delete. This is probably the third or fourth time I've had to deal with a repeat instance of a rage deleter. Most people would just not bother at a certain point and after many years I'm now either on the verge or tipped past the point of no longer giving a crap about a lot of stuff but here's the thing. I just find it really sad that people would spend lots of time creating a character and putting effort into training it or roleplaying it and then flipping out and deleting it when they're asked (repeatedly) by an imm to fix a minor issue, like a description that doesn't follow the description rules. What the person thinks is that these issues are not worth bothering to fix. It might indeed be a minor issue. And maybe we took a long time to call you out on it which made you think you'd be fine because most of the time we're preoccupied with piles of other things that are demanding more attention. But ultimately, if we allowed these minor issues to slide, we'd be compromising the quality of descriptions and characters we wish to maintain in this game. That's why guys like Ceridwel are here to help us quality control the little stuff when guys like Davairus are busy coding fancy toys for everyone to enjoy. We've all been putting our effort to building and maintaining a quality game because we care about AR, just as you put effort into ranking, training, descing, and roleplaying a quality character because you care about AR. All I ask is that when you get frustrated over a little thing, remember that you care about your character and treat it like it's worth the time you put into it. That's a real-life philosophy as well.

0 0 0
Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

There's an easy solution, you know... let people rage delete. Laughing

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

Your frustration is not worth it. This is in direct relation to my stone warrior that I wouldn't change the description for. I cannot find the motivation to play this game ever since Vahn really ruined it for me. So take this frustration as an isolated incident and help a player who isn't really into the game. I am not sure how seriously other players take this game, but for me to afk train a char for 40 hours is meaningless. 99 percent of the time I am playing dota while training so I am not invested in the character. I do apologize if you seeing me delete pisses you off, but it just doesn't mean much to me anymore, never really has prolly the same mindset of most rage deleters. We just don't care about a character as much as you care about your own.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

edit the part where invest ur time in a player who cares about the game. I'm sure u can check ip addresses

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

How about just deleting quietly then instead of having a pity party drama rageout that involves a bunch of imms

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

As I recall you transferred me slayed me and froze me because I didn't want to change my desc. Since I was frozen I kept trying to delete because I didn't want to listen to you. So if you want people to delete quietly don't freeze them =)

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The transfer and slay was me. Vanisse was nice enough to try to step in and stop you from raging. In hindsight I should have just left you in the desc room to stew in your own pee. Long story short - Rule 9 trumps your bad attitude. All you had to do was fix the problems in your description.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

How about you grow up and stop continually taking that self centered approach. Just because you don't take your own ti.e seriously doesn't mean others feel the same way.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Collectively known as, "the three stooges", the triple threat team of Beia, Ozaru and Bladeflurry can be frequently seen whining or deleted on the graveyard again along with monthly promises to have finally quit the game. Nothing could be further from the truth however as they have already begun rolling the next character before the ink has even dried on their forum post. They still have some respect in the community for their tireless ability to feed the most abused lists and hand out frags for the real pk'ers to feel good about. However be wary about being dragged down to their level when attempting any discussion with these fools. They are a much powerful idiot and will defeat you if you play them at their own game outside it. Just keep dispensing those beatings to them strictly in-game and let the Immortals debate them outside it.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Can we add the like button to the forum too? +1 for Dav's comment.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

You noticed that? haha. I can't wait to yawn on some logs.

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

WTF? I did not even do anything.. fuck you I quit....

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Pipe down.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Can't argue with numbers 122 player body count 11 max people logging in. I hope the changes you have in store bring the game back to the elite status it once had.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Game numbers always dwindle this time a year

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject:

I absolutely can argue with numbers. Neither of those numbers measure the number of active players.

At least with pk stats you can see that people did something with other players on the game, as opposed to just immediately cutting link or afk training hobgoblins for 40 hours. But the only thing that measures is the pk'ing activity, which since we just had a major roleplaying event is likely not even half the picture. We have 4-5 active imms and a bunch of players who are entirely roleplaying.

Meanwhile a most on stat is completely just a surge spike and that is all it tells us.

I would also argue that, when the game was its trashy peak, being level 50 with literally 15-18 people in PK non-stop, you either learned to like gangbanging and being trash pk'ed repeatedly or you quit. It might be an actually more fun game without having to watch your back for 4 man gank squads. I don't think all of our CURRENT players would necessarily enjoy that environment. A char like Ophalina for instance wouldve just been stomped into dirt and forgotten. IMO if you can train, have an opportunity to gain levels at some point and people are involved in cabals at 50 it remains a pretty good personal experience and that is honestly why we aren't trying harder to get more players. I think we are satisfied with it. One or two people to be afraid of is all it takes to be exciting.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: