Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 4 hours.

PK logs outing cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trojal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: PK logs outing cabals

The monthly PK stats seem to out who is in particular cabals.
http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9667

It seems nontrivial to know who is in Legion and Keeper most of the time, but the PK summary breaks people down by individual cabals.

Does it matter?

If it does matter, I would argue that we could break down the kills by class(es) instead of cabals.

Either individual classes or something like:
Warrior/Berserker/Ranger
Thief/Ninja/Bard
Invoker/Necromancer/Illusionist
Shaman/Healer
Dark-knight/Paladin

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

If we make a change in this area, I would also like to add a category for "killers under level 40" to the monthly report.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject:

I would be concerned that adding under 40 kills would only encourage squatters.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Maybe a category unique kills under 40. That way someone squatting has to spread their ok love around or else get penalized.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it would encourage squatters, you still get penalized if you kill too much at a rank. Penalized kills don't show up

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

That's why I was thinking "under 40" and not "under 50". The only real problematic niching happens in the 40s (necros, DKs, and illusionists are a little out of control there). I would really prefer to find a way to do it for all levels.

If you have any ideas on how to properly report low level pk and still disincentivize being a dickhead, please contribute.

Remember that the more people we have casually pking in low levels, the sooner newbies will be exposed to the real game. It will be less likely that they'll rage delete in anger at level 40 after sinking dozens of hours into a character they're now too attached to. It also allows players to learn to PK on various characters without having to spend time getting to 50 and without cabal politics. It slows down powerranking, which is currently too fast. It also lends credibility to characters under level 50 who survive and makes it more likely that higher level characters will show respect to lower level characters, improving RP opportunities for players who can't easily make it to 50.

There are tons of upsides to having more low level pk and very few downsides.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject:

I love this under-40 idea - primarily because I suck at PK and under 40 is where I get my few kills Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject:

It would help, but there should probably be a message for people who do select 'being new' that warns them about it, AFTER creation. Like when they hit 10 and enter pk range, another message that says they will be targeted and that they shouldn't cry about it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

There is one of those already, at level 9. It goes WARNING you are about to enter pk range blah blah your description will be checked or something.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Regardless, there are a lot of new plays who thing that the 'NEW' tag is gonna protect them when it isn't. Assholes will be assholes and they'll pick on whoever they can.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: