Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 6 hours.

monks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avendin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:

For slith, there is a high-level slith mob or two as well as the slith battlement and perimeter guards in Seringale. Do the lizardmen just before the Battlezone count as sliths?

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Avendins hit it on the head I think, I'm pretty sure they count as slith.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Lizard)Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote : Trillian said sparring and agressive fighting.

Problem with what you said is that Sliths have Tails... These tails even when your sparring do MUTILATES and are unblockable.... What can you expect to do when youve go 65% on a race and your not only hitting him with your tail but your chakaraing him three times because your not doing any damage.

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Lizard)Monk wrote:
Quote : Trillian said sparring and agressive fighting.

Problem with what you said is that Sliths have Tails... These tails even when your sparring do MUTILATES and are unblockable.... What can you expect to do when youve go 65% on a race and your not only hitting him with your tail but your chakaraing him three times because your not doing any damage.

You obviously don't know how to spar properly.

0 0 0
Lizard)Monk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject:

enlighten me then, are you a slith, are you a monk, have you ever sparred... I hope you know that monkey stance is the best to spar in... Ive sparred both in monkey and in defensive stance coming with the same results.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Some monk killed my goat yesterday and his human anatomyimproved! Shocked

0 0 0
Mind_Flayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:

wtf torkalen?!?! Shocked

0 0 0
dashpunk217

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject:

its true, i killed his goat and my anatomy with human improved...messed up

0 0 0
Nuonorp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject:

On a slightly different note... does learning weapons improve a monk's chance of parrying those weapon types? I know that for all that other classes that it's true (exempting bows, of course), but do monks suffer from the same malady? Because training weapons on monks takes a LONG time... Shocked

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject:

That's the only reason monks get weapons.

0 0 0
Lizard)Monk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:

you know some people would like to say a defense monk cannot be hit, but an offensive monk hits too hard... lets debate about which one is better and why.

0 0 0
Green Elephant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Until bows were introduced, offensive Tiger Stance was the ONLY way for a monk to go. Now I suppose they might consider fighting in a defensive stance if AND ONLY IF they are fighting an opponent who uses a bow. Truth be told, I bet they still stand a better chance going offensive (I never play monks, so I can't be sure). Thank the old IMPs for suping up tiger stance to the point that any other stance is basically useless. Hell, remember when monkies got a free chakera OBLITERATES every other round? That sure was fun.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:

If a monk is fighting someone with a bow and not in defensive stance, they will anihilated not being able to block any of the attacks per round really does suck.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Green Elephant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:

What about dirt/disarm/sac 1.?

0 0 0
Lizard)Monk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject:

You know I really would like to say that Defensive is anything but bad so far the only use ive seen for it is when your fighting for instance a psioncist who uses only mental to kill or maybe an illusionist. Pretty much anything that can do HIGH damage with spell you gotta stick with offensive, same with warriors err warlord even you gotta use offensive (in my opinion) ive fought people who use bows, even disarm doesnt work that good since they get a few rounds on you and then disarm *will keep you in the fight* best idea is to be the attacker when someones using the bow and keep them dirted so they cant hit with their bow (which actually works)

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Monks have limited number of weapons profs, obviously a foreign weapon is much harder to disarm. Warriors have blind fighting which reduces the affect of blind fighting, if they have high enough hitroll and your in offensive stance your still going to get raped imo. Have never played a monk past 30, but faught enough on my warrior bow is all I really use against them now as not many monks run around with defensive up.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: