Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 16 hours.

Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Gold

I've been trying to brainstorm a few ideas to make gold in game, that don't require mindless farming and what have you. This is one of the ideas I came up with.

Shipping Concerns -

You can invest in shipments, the trading of goods between the cities. There would be varying levels of trading that can be done. These would range from small scale to the very large. The larger the investment, the more money, but the lower the percentage.

Now - as opposed to simply gambling the money away, if you check in frequently with the merchant you have entered into partnership with, he/she will tell you of rumors of perils to your merchandise. So, you can go out and kill creatures in order to increase the odds that your merchandise will make it the buyer.

A few other things -
- The more money spent, the higher the risk of damage to the cargo (decreasing the percentage of return)
- The more money spent, the higher level of creatures you are going to have to go rounds with.
- If you die to the creatures you are fighting, your percentage of return diminishes. I'm not sure whether it simply goes away, or is cut in half or what have you.
- The more often you trade in this way, the more reputation you gain and the better return you'll get on investment (up to a set limit).

As I am typing this I am also thinking that trade between Darkhaven and Valour would be contraband, yielding higher risk and higher returns. Obviously this would add a RP realm of Knights trying to squash the contraband and Legion loving it.

This sounds labor intensive and I know the imps/imms have been busy. But, throw them out when you think of them, I suppose.

Thanks for reading.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject:

I actually like this sort of idea, if you make it long term the way herbs are. You log on, send out your caravan, and then maybe complete like tasks or mini quests (kill 50 goblins or something) to give you a bonus on your roll to see how much money you get when you get back to the mob who received the shipment.

Cool idea.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

I love it.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

might be able to implement this via mobprog using the cart push mechanics

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

You know, with mine cart stuff and player vars, I bet I could.

Guess who has a task tomorrow! (muffin carts, here I come!)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: