Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Recovering the Lost Arcane Relics" is underway, and ends in 3 days, 18 hours.

mud client/game stripping.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikoos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: mud client/game stripping.

Every time I write something for a note, description, background in google docs or notepad and paste into my mud client, then send it into the game, parentheses and apostrophes are stripped from it. They still show in the mud client before I send...but afterwards they are gone. So I have to paste, then delete them and reenter them..and everything works. Doesn't matter what mud client I use, Gmud32, JMC, even the web client. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject:

I play on cmud and the way I've dealt with a lot of copy and paste issues is to turn off parsing when I paste things in. On cmud that's the tiny computer icon in the lower right, next to the gun for the trigger which is next to the clock.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject:

I'll have to give Cmud a go, I've finally narrowed the problem down to Google Docs...and I really wish I could get it to work...but it looks like I'm going to have to sell my soul to Emacs.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

just connect with putty

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

It could be worse. In my early days as a herald, back when we had to do the mystiques the hard way and I didn't even consider copy/paste. Hand typing for the win.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

that's a weird issue though. i've always used gmud or mushclient and copy-pasting from notepad or notepad++ has never failed me. i did notice that gmud has about a 6-7 line max and if you tried to paste more than that it would stall me out; mushclient is much better for copy pasting large paragraphs. also copy pasting multiple paragraphs will sometimes skip the double line spaces i put in between them. i haven't used parentheses much but apostrophes definitely work for me. maybe try mushclient and make sure that you don't use apostrophes, parentheses or whatever your intended punctuation is as the linebreak hotkey (i made mine | so it wouldn't affect my writing).

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I experienced an apostrophe issue with google docs a while ago, but I don't remember the exact circumstances. I think it was trying to "help" me by inserting smart quotes and wound up making them into grave accents.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the apostrophe thing is driving me nuts, it's not even with mud related things. for example: whenever I go to post on tumblr, spell check will say that I spelled "didn't" incorrectly. I think it's just that spell check has finally gotten pissed off with my inability to spell over the years and is playing mind games with me at this point, or it's the whole web-based clipboard thing with Google Wink

Forgot to say the same thing happens in MUSHclient, although it made the problem more obvious. (and I need to get back on that project hmm...)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: