Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 16 hours.

A question about Multi-Killing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones V2.0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: A question about Multi-Killing

How many times can you kill the same person? What if they are the only one in your range? And you can't rank until you receive an answer to your application? I realize this is a gray area. I only looted him once, but have killed him twice.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject:

I will answer not as a high ranking immortal but from my own experience. I think its fine to kill the same person as many times as you see them on separate occassions, meaning that if you kill them once, dont kill them again during that session of playing, but the next time if you log in when they do, kill them again. The exception to this for me is when they talk trash or go stupid after you kill them, in which case I keep the killing going until they log out.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I'd say you should try and have at least some scrap of an RP reason to even think about multi-killing someone. This especially when either you or they are neutral. I'm not sure how far the "they're the only one in my range and I just HAD to kill someone" argument will get you... most likely you'd be better off either training skills or logging off that character until you received the answer to your cabal app if that's the case.

And I agree with Rez... if you kill someone and they're being a dick or try coming after you. Then it's open season IMO.

0 0 0
Xonovik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I believe the conditions stated above are good reasons to think about killing them again, or my favorite reason for killing them again in the same session is that they come back and attack you.

I'm back, and ready for more... it's been 3 years..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Jesus, is it three years?? I remember Xonovik quite well..

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject:

I seem to remember being led to the harpy no-exit trap and being pked at level 17 or so on my first character.

0 0 0
Lydana
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Ok, heres my personal position on the issue...

There are several key things to take into consideration on multi-killing:

1) Rank- In low ranks there are very few excuses for multi kill. In the upper ranks (30+) then there are more reasons for it.

2) Alignment - Goods shouldn't multi-kill neutrals and neutrals shouldn't really multi-kill anyone. Evils, and goods killing evils are another story.

3) Number of times multi-killed - If someone has multi-killed someone 2 times, then its not that huge of a deal (all other things being neutral). The higher the number after two, the more likely it is to attract an Imms attention (depending on rank/alignment).

4) Amount of time between killings - If someone kills someone 2 times in a very short period of time, its worse than killing someone twice over say... an hour or so. Be assured that if you kill someone multiple times in a short period, you will probably get some negative attention from Immortals.

5) Number of previous kills/deaths on the character - if I see someone with a lot of pkills multi-killing someone with a lot of pdeaths, then I am more likely to step in to the protection of the newbie.

6) Attitude/RP reasons - This is sorta broad. Sometimes I just warn people if say... they didn't know they were killing a real newbie, or if both of the characters had been aggressively chasing each other rather than only one being aggressive, or of they had a good reason for the multi-kill (like the one killed was trashtalking). I am more likely to punish if you deny what you did, claim that its your 'right' to PK whoever you want without RP reason, and that Immortals suck (thats a general thing to remember with Imms).

7) Cabal membership - If the two are in cabals, then I won't interfere. If one is and the other isn't, them I am still less likely to interfere, especially if its involving something with cabal affairs. Cabal members are trusted to have good reasons for their multi-kills.

So, thats what I decide with.... There is no 'exact' place where it becomes wrong, or is ok. Its 'very' situational. So, make sure that if you ever multi-kill anyone, that you have a good reason, then you shouldn't have any problems with Imms. Other Imms are more strict or more lenienent than me. These are just the guidelines I choose to use when making my decision.

0 0 0
DropThat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject:

so what if theres no trash talk and its just a newbie who attacks some person again and again. say, if a drow attacked an elf over and over even though dying every time. and its at level 20. then the good would be way over the kill limit if the drow died 15 times to the elf. so how would that work?

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject:

I think to a certain degree 'multi-killing' involves the person that initiates the attack.

If you're n00b/dumb enough to keep coming after someone repeatedly and have them hand your ass to you on a platter each time, then the one you're attacking shouldn't be penalized just for defending their life.

0 0 0
Addreodyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Multi-killing is something that lowers the player base. If someone is getting mult-killed, they usually quit out or just delete from frustration. There's nothing to gain from multi-killing someone, and I see no excuse for it unless the person is trash-talking or you're both in a cabal war.

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject:

Well...to my experience...I have done both, killed and was killed.
Point of multi-kill? Piss people off...force delete or leave...otherwise just worken on his con. In the opposite position...well...I guess its the same.
Though it is pretty lame. Regardless of cabal or no cabal...it gets pretty lame...well that is to say...when everyone just attacks when you unghost...people come in...take a look...see your naked and go for the kill...big whoopie...I find it worse if your in a cabal...good or evil...sure its a war...but its just plain shitty if you attack your opponent when they are naked...over and over again...some skill you must have eh? In my opinion at least fight them when they are armored or at least have them re-engage you first. Otherwise its just plain shits cause you ain't pulling nothing but hair outta your crack.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject:

If they try for the rebound kill (unghosting, walking up to the corpse, get all;wear all, then hitting you with a fireball/bash/hellstream immediatly after their death), it's all game.

Or, as soon as they try aggression against you. People always get pissed off that they died and ussually try to get a revenge kill as soon as possible. Whenever that happens multi-killing isn't an issue.

Interestingly though, even if they themselves initiate the attack not long after being killed, they will often still complain about being "multi-killed" if you hunt them down after this attack and kill them for it.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject:

Also, in the past I've had incidences with thieves. They would unghost, even though you've just kicked their ass, to attempt to blackjack/pry shit from you. Die again, repeat. Usually a pray will take care of that kind of garbage. I'm not sure what rule it is (probably spamming), but I think it's still frowned on.

0 0 0
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject:

Yes yes...that I can agree with...but what about those that just attack you when you unghost either through time or just trying to re-equip...bunch of ass-hags if you ask me

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:

That's because you're a hoarding healer.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: