Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 13 hours.

Guild Guardian Alignment
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

then if thats the case evil warriors should be able to walk into the shaman guardian so they can't get attacked by paladins

0 0 2
Mogu

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

That's a false equivalence. Evils fight other evils, goods do not fight other goods.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Once again you read what you wanted to and not what was written, we were both essentially party to a bug. I did not 'screw with you'. A normal person would not be bothered by a bug that caused injures to a cabal guardian that was instantly healed to full health on the tick, when said imm instantly apologized and said that shouldn't of happened and then stopped auto following you so I would not go back into the guild.

You did however prove my point about going into your cabal far enough away from invasion to have calm adrenaline.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of your cabal guard and sitting admit the guardian during an invasion. Cabal is designed like that so you can do just that. My complaint regarding the cabal was you potentially bringing what was no longer an invasion, back to an invasion. If the knights had been smart they would have captured while coelex was chasing you, and taken your cabal powers/supplies away, and then forcing you to retrieve.

Either way, it's over you have deleted.

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

"If you want to fix this make all guild guardians equal." --- how about this instead... just fuck off, ozaru. Kedeleam enters a new Justice guideline every time you join it. That's up to him, but I wouldn't do that. I like rules that are simple and few. You were abusing the guild guardians on the Justice you just played. On the one before that, you were multi'ing to level a Justice cabal character. There is absolutely no way you should be even getting into this cabal. EVER.

3 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 am    Post subject:

That’s fair fuck you and your shit testing and balance

0 0 2
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 2:12 am    Post subject:

What Crisbin and his fellow Keeper did regarding Fynth was poor RP at the time iirc and there was controversy over one of them deliberately attacking the other to abuse the game mechanics. But, given that Ergorion played Crisbin, it doesn't surprise me that the idea came up when he couldn't figure out how to properly get rid of Fynth. Ergorion has also done some at best questionable actions... He had one of my characters invade on Ygin while playing Tipplwise because he wanted to fight her... I died, and he got booted from Justice and outcasted for his actions.

Ozaru also seems to attract his own controversy but for different reasons. I remember Olyn saying a long time ago on invokation that it was because of a select few people that 90-some percent of the changes happened, while responding to somebody asking why make all these changes because of a select few people? Some people (and I was in this category myself at one point) need to be given hard, explicit rules and it's unwise to assume they will not be looking for loopholes and excuses to say, "But you didn't TELL me NOT to do X" if X is something undesirable but also not explicitly forbidden. Turns out, such a stance is not fun to take if you want to have real friendships.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 3:04 am    Post subject:

Unpopular opinion here I guess...Guild guardians alignment should not change. If an evil justice wants to put a Wanted Knight(or any Wanted goodie for that matter) in a moral dilemma by sitting behind a good aligned guardian, I think that's ok. Just invade on them. If the Justice doesn't want to come out and defend, the cabal IMM should step up and lay down the fuck you hammer. Demote with a hefty warning, or just give em' the boot.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 3:24 am    Post subject:

Dav, remember imms can’t see player accounts anymore, only Imps can. I agree with your idea that players who toe/cross the line too often shouldn’t be allowed in Justice but in defense of Ked, he has no way of knowing this character was Ozaru’s. Can we code a solution to block certain accounts from certain cabals?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject:

I didn't mean to say that players who "toe the line too often" shouldn't be allowed in Justice. What I meant was that Ozaru specifically shouldn't be allowed in Justice, because he has trouble staying in-character. Cabals have additional rules that players need to follow, and Ozaru has shown that he's not capable of following those rules. This evolves from an inability to stay in-character.

I don't think "toeing the line" is the same as "blatantly breaking the game rules." Toeing the line means pushing the boundaries of the rules, not breaking them outright. Our response shouldn't be to chase behind him, trying to triage everything he is doing wrong so that it isn't cheating next time (like making paladin mobs into neutral mobs). I also dont think the cabal imms would have any trouble noticing an applicant that has trouble staying in-character. The players have had no problem spotting his characters - just look for the guy always muttering. The shoe just needs to drop.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: