Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 12 hours.

Witch carving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:00 pm    Post subject: Witch carving

It would be nice to have more options than just dagger for witch carving. Perhaps spear and flail could be added. That would cover every class and offers a shaft and segment to the mix.

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Wooden spear makes sense, but I'm not quite sure I see a wooden flail... probably better if that were the case to make it an exotic segmented weapon of some kind.

0 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I believe exotics are no longer part of the regular combat triangle (might be wrong). The helpfile for exotics is very different than it used to be which leads me to believe they're in their own category.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

Exotics are still a weapon type, its just that they aren't all pigeon-holed as segment weapons now. We're no longer stuck with having equipment like "blade of madness" that was pigeon-holed into a segment weapon when clearly is a blade. If we can't think of what to do with exotics, like a water cube, it can stay as the default - segment. I didn't update all of them. On that note, the centaur witch could allow javelin crafting I guess, but then I think we should just make them exotic shaft weapons so there's not a foreign parry penalty or anti-dodge mechanics. That would likely be reasonable for something crafted. If there are no objections I'll add this down the road.

2 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Sounds good to me. I really love the addition of witch carving so I'm in favor of any additional things we can do with it. Thanks, Dav!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject:

Well its an idea that could really use some dissent. Its already the case here that barely anybody wants to be the dumbass villain 15 int fire giant

0 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:53 am    Post subject:

From a game lore perspective why couldn't the centaur witch carve spears if she can carve daggers? Just attach your dagger to the end of a stick. Plus spears (and bows) are an iconic centaur weapon so it seems fitting.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

the game lore perspective would be that the fire giants take it as a provokation, its the same situation as when a justice or herald is enchanting up 7/7 frostbrand swords for all the knights. the herald will pay with their life (or maybe just refuse to leave that fortress they have)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: