Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 16 hours.

Ceridwels neutral paladin thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deioped

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject:

Dragoon with level 50 ability ala final fantasy: Jump - Like Defender Paladin's jumping ability to go to an ally from anywhere but for attacking instead, 1hour irl cooldown.

But on a more serious note, spears and polearms are already very popular weapon choices along with the bladed weapons. Could we have some more love for whips/flails?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject:

So I think as far as *maybe* starting a new class goes, you guys could take all the suggestions put in the thread so far and make a poll and vote it out to see if there is a clear winner.

As far as what Ceridwel seemed to be wanting, which is neutral paladin, there is an existing framework for changing paladins that way. We can just add in another sacred oath, i.e. put in an "oath to the balance" making you a true neutral paladin of Virgil, then just deal with whatever paladin spells are alignment-based and put in some nature magic. If the goal is to have something in a reasonable time frame and not two or three years , that'd be the practical way to do it

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject:

And we shall call it "the path of icky icky icky ptang zoop boing." You must bring a shrubbery to the temple of Virgil.

1 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:48 am    Post subject:

A few ideas I had bouncing in my head for a neutral paladin oath.

Upon taking oath
Protection could be swapped to protection creature

For a weapon to gain, if we want to keep from dipping into what other specs get, we have whip and bow I believe? If they get bow, would be nice to give them point blank as well since its a balance, green knight.

at lvl 25
Could get a turn aligned spell, could work somewhat like turn unholy but they need to specify which alignment. syntax could be like "commune 'turn aligned' good/evil"

at lvl 30-35
They could get a way to invoke a druidic spirit bond but on a lengthy cooldown. Like the bond lasts for 12 hours, but the cooldown is 60, so you have 48 hours without it, allowing for precise timing etc

at 42 they could get their special angel feature or some equivalent. Nature's Avatar could give a mix bag of effects similar to having thorn armor and frenzy like effect without penalty drawback. Would need to be used with careful discretion to prevent abuse via RP if its too strong like Avenging Angel is.

As for nature spells, not sure if there is a good one that fits unless you want them to have a spammable like needles.

Wrath could work just fine for them in terms of use, just is flavored 'nature's wrath' maybe it works better after they have been hit by a manual input skill like reckoning or something.

Just throwing some ideas out to see what helps/sticks.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Making a druidic oath actually makes a lot of sense, and giving the paladin some low level druidic spells, from there you would make them chant instead of pray and you would go from there.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

It seems like these skills would overlap with oath of devotion, which currently also looks like only one person is playing. That spec literally has staff block and thorn armor. I made it with druid-like in mind... Do we want to just make oath of devotion into the "neutral paladin/druid"? That spec is all done, but we could also add a few of these changes. P.S. only one player is using oath of devotion

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Seems like that would be a lot less work.

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

I agree - maybe it would help boost its popularity as well. I think it’s probably the least popular oath - next to protection, then maybe eradication, then vengeance?

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:20 am    Post subject:

The main problem with the devotion paladin isn't the skills so much as their expected conduct. Unless you're a pacifist or don't plan on PKing, it sucks to play one in the current form. If it didn't have specific conduct against being the aggressor in a fight (that's my rough interpretation), I would be more likely to play one if I played a paladin actively because turn unholy is a very powerful spell.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:34 am    Post subject:

good direction i like it. i don't know much about paladins anymore, never played one after the changes. but it feels like barkskin replacing holy armor would be interesting, you guys know better than i though how that would mesh with their current baseline of stuff

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: