Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

Elf Pali's..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
use holy avenger against illithids, four times normal damage! *2 slicing *2 evil.

1) Holy Avenger does double damage to Evils? I don't think so bub.
2) How do you know that slicing weapons do double damage against Illithids? Is it through testing? I think not.

Stop giving PK advice when you have no idea...

DomokunDomokunDomokunDomokunDomokun

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject:

shrug, paladins have divine might, which basically makes it 2x dam

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: @_@

Only paladins I ever had trouble with were Endymion and Anaturgia when I fought her on the river. Keep paladins dirted, disarm if you can, and bash if you can't disarm. I say bash because if you don't they will wrath you anyways, but if you land it you delay the wrath and have the possibility of chain bashing. Keep a high wimpy and don't be afraid to run away. Don't bash if you have 0 hours on sanc and it is about to wear off or if you are under half hp.

Fire warrior forsaken vs Elf paladin executor

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=109789&messageid=988052147

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject:

Stephen2 wrote:
Quote:
use holy avenger against illithids, four times normal damage! *2 slicing *2 evil.

1) Holy Avenger does double damage to Evils? I don't think so bub.
2) How do you know that slicing weapons do double damage against Illithids? Is it through testing? I think not.

Stop giving PK advice when you have no idea...

DomokunDomokunDomokunDomokunDomokun

perhaps it was divine might, how should I know, and chances are the necro was a newb (thats spelled n00b) because he was wearing mostly combat gear... ah well dav I have to disagree with you on this one until I try it out for myself and I had a couple of ranks on him I could have killed his charmies, and yes it does do 2X the damage on illithids they are weak against slashing.
same as gnomes are weak against bashing, avians sickness, elves iron, drow mithril. storm wood, fire ice/drowning, dwarves drowning/water type.
etc. etc. I know a quick way to kill a necro without having to deal with the zombies/golems... Oh and I've learned alot more about pking since Vertas... Trust me I bet I've been pked more than you ever will, since I learned those now I need to see how they defend and I will too Razz

Ninja + Domokun = ( Domokun Wahhh ) ( Ninja Mr. Green )
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject:

Vertas...You are practicly brand new to this mud...Youve been playin what...Six months? A year? Big freakin whoop. And slashing does probably three times the damage...its insane. Drows are weak against iron aswell...Not mithril. Umm....fire giants arent weak against water attacks....Thoh it may seem that way...Any more things you wanna try and teach us? Oh yes and a holy avenger...if thats the best slashing goody weapon you can find...Rank a bit higher holms.

0 0 0
Kaervek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject:

drows aren't weak to iron, they can use iron weapons. Its elves who can't use iron and drows who can't use mithril dope. And I don't think either race has a vuln from either of these metals implemented.

0 0 0
Stephen2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject:

*GRIN* Just because a race has a weakness, doesn't make it double damage. And triple damage? That's even more way out..

I've never experimented, but from my best judgement having played lots of Illithids, I'd say the weakness is about 1.3->1.5*Normal damage.

0 0 0
Talisman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Please don't post statistics as facts unless you know them to be. Seems Stephen is the only one with a clue on how vulns work. Noobs leading noobs...

0 0 0
Asyn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Vertas wrote:
Just to let you know, elf paladins kick you know what!
the only reason why Vertas sucked...
1. I was lawful therefor I was like, oh shoot I'm being attacked I better flee outside of town so I can use turn undead and kill his charmies.

NEVER MAKE A LAWFUL PALADIN! Elves learn the fastest out of all the races. You should see how fast your skills climb with a 25 int and 50 quests. I know of 80 now, so I wonder if I would have mastered wrath after all... Also, if a paladin is aggressive, then you have a better chance of winning.

you see a necromancer. Turn undead! good bye charmies, then flamestrike! use holy avenger against illithids, four times normal damage! *2 slicing *2 evil. Easy as pie! Why couldn't I have known this earlier?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. This is not really a flame, but I've noticed many people talking smack to/about you. Your advice seems to be very often...bad advice. It's good to see someone who wants to add his opinions to the collective advice here, but maybe you should take the time to learn what you're talking about before giving it.

And another thing, Vertas, the character wasn't very good because you didn't know how to play him right. Whether you have gotten better or not, I don't have a clue...I'm on another break.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: PKing

Fire giant vs elf paladin is the same as any other pk class. The key is timing. Between every tick, I think there is about 20-30 seconds. Dirt at the beginning, track like mad, run around and trip. Normally, I think trip is better cuz there's no 3 round lag where the paladin will get 2 wraths off..nasty. Or hell, just be a berserker warlord, get two flails, and lash them to death..but since you are legion, my advice is fight in the forest and an area that you know fairly well (sewers for me most of the times although most of the areas I know fairly well). Time your purple potions and when you should sleep so that you can immediately wake up to start chasing again. Afterwards, dirt trip/bash. Doesn't help to have the black double bladed battle axe which only fire giants and undead can use.

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject:

Quaff your purples and your protection potions. You shouldn't have too much wrath to worry about after that. Also, spring for a tripping wolf from Liberty, you'll be surprised how often the ONE trip it lands in a fight will come in handy.

You need nymph hearts like you need purple potions. At any one time you should have 20 hearts. If you can bear the risk and get your HP low enough to bait her, try running to a place where the paladin will have a disadvantage. Some of my favorite places to fight are:

the Void
the Gnome dungeon
Shadar Logoth
the Witch Wood
the Grand Hall of Kings
Evermore

If you can find a place you know better than your opponent that has some aggressive mobs inside, you're golden. Push the bitch into something horrible and cackle like a madman when she makes a mistake. A good terrain fight is a lot less resource-intensive, too; most of your potions get burned when you're hunting down your wounded foe as he tries to escape. You won't have so much trouble when that paladin is trapped in a no-recall, one exit maze and you can always find her with a scan all.

Of course, if YOU fuck up you're in trouble.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: