Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 9 hours.

Fencing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 pm    Post subject: Fencing

Give fencing to warriors to level the playing field for the non-giant warriors. The trade off's being the boost to hit and dam scaling from int and being forced to wear light armor. Allow fencing to toggle between defensive and offensive style by manually using feint to prevent someone from just dual-wielding you into oblivion. You would see fights where disarm is actually used instead of hobble, bash, bash, bash.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject:

This is a very well thought out and needed option. Balances offensive prowess with loss of heavy armor and rids the trivialization of low strength high intelligence warriors.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:19 am    Post subject:

Warriors already have so much, I don't like this. The idea of a class that has fourth attack having fencing doesn't do it for me.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:57 am    Post subject:

It’s fair, balanced and has a HARD counter. Gives any race other than giant, slith and dwarf viability.

0 0 0
deioped

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject:

I would love to see a fire giant fencer.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Minotaur is a great warrior. Treant has best stats in game right beside OP jotun, but still carry a tough vuln. I still think they are very playable. I think the other races can be successful too. What races do you think is the worst options for a warrior?

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Funny how the races you mentioned are large size. Don't see drow, elf, halfling, avian, gnome, jagar, human, dwarf, or duergar tearing up the top 5.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Large size has their perks, that's for sure. Strength, bash, etc.. But, don't discount high dex dirt kick and trip. Also, there is a much larger variety of non-oversized weapons. Meaning you have access to a much larger pool of double grip-ables. The only problem I see with elf/drow warrior is that dumb material weakness change. With terrible con, and being hit by weakness weapons, trying to regen will be a pain in the butt.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:28 pm    Post subject:

In response to Xenyar's question about worst races for warrior...

The worst option for a warrior has been drow for quite some time due to their stat block and questionably useful favoured weapons (a gnome may have mediocre choices but they have 100% lore so that staff bonus is actually significant). Halfling used to be worse before they could grab disarmed weapons/shields from their opponents (and are still not great). Half-elf is far worse than it used to be as you no longer have boundless mastery triggering off of stuff outside of combat (I saw Airelyn get a random bit of healing from that triggering on the fast healing skill once).

Avian also seems lackluster. Dive charge sounds cool but you don't often get to fight flying opponents who are susceptible to it (which is the time it is especially useful since you'll also be able to charge them while flying and stay flying).

Still, if I try naming a number of successful warriors from my time off the top of my head, only one human warrior makes the list that I can recall. Two half-elf warriors but they were before the nerf to boundless mastery. Maybe one gnome warrior depending on whether you count Tipplwise as successful (which is questionable given that he eventually became an outcast). Stone giants and dwarves both seem to have at least three examples each that I can name.

As for the OP's idea... Fencing does feel like a bit much to be added to the warrior's toolkit. While warriors did struggle a patch or two ago, I feel they are in a decent place at the moment.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Q1 2024 Patch All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: