Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 14 hours.

fells/abyssals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roosaelevant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: fells/abyssals

Can anyone tell me when this quest with the fells/abyssals is going to end and the mystics cabal reopened?

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Not necessarily a quest, but more or less a war to have fun.... Kinda, anway mystics is dead for now, and i personally have no idea when they might return. Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
Tsabo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

maybe they would return, when a group of magic users get together, and start acting like a cabal would. Then the great gods would grant them a cabal item??

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject:

To my understanding, Mystics is not going to be reopened, even once the quest is over. It was dead before the quest even started.

0 0 0
Allie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject:

Mystic= No purpose hoarding friend skill spammers of the land.
I think this quest was the imms way of getting rid of some dead weight.

0 0 0
Asyn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject:

Allie wrote:
Mystic= No purpose hoarding friend skill spammers of the land.
I think this quest was the imms way of getting rid of some dead weight.

damn, didn't work well if you're still around...go figure. Laughing

0 0 0
roosaelevant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject:

I mean there are rarely any fells/abyssals/traitors around, and rp says they are swarms or whatever, would be fun if more were around, if not I think mages would be better of with the mystics around again.

PS: Anyone wanna create a new group of fells/abyssals, like 1 dk, 1 berserker, 1 invoker? Main objective would be to get to 50 fast and then pk everyone, would add lots pk and thus fun for everyone. I could be one of them, invoker preferably.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Battlefield
Gameplay forum - for discussions of cabal issues and balance issues, including skills, spells, and all other aspects of player killing.

Not that I'm a mod or admin, but I don't think that this is the right place for trying to recruit a group... no offense, roos...

0 0 0
roosaelevant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject:

If you have nothing useful to say then dont say anything at all. Postcount is not important. If I was out of line let the admins deal with me.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Actually there are plenty of Fell around, hehe, there's just never any in anyone's PK range. Every time I see one their either newbie or fresh out of the Arena. Someone's killin them because they rarely make it past 30 nowadays. So someone's doing something right.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject:

1) I don't care at all about post count. When I post it's for a reason.
2) I think that bringing up a point about the uses/non-uses of the forum is very useful.
3) Of course I'm going to let the admins 'deal' with you. I wasn't trying to reprimand you, just pointing out that there are better places to "recruit" than the forum. Send a private message, email, or instant message or something.

As for something that might seem more "useful" to you... I'll comment on your last post:

Quote:
I mean there are rarely any fells/abyssals/traitors around, and rp says they are swarms or whatever, would be fun if more were around, if not I think mages would be better of with the mystics around again.

True, there aren't as many fells/abyssals around lately as there used to be. This is due largely to the fact (just my opinion) that they now have about half the life that they did originally, due to the Theran population "beating back the hordes," for lack of a better expression. Now people are either afraid that their super-ranking, super-training machines are only going to get half their excitement and decide not to play them.

Personally I think that the whole Zaikkra/demons/demonic bunnies episode at MS was a good push... an attempt to pump some life into what is conceivably a very good facet of AR's current storyline and available "race war" saga. However, seems that it wasn't powerful enough to overcome some fear and frustration over the fact that traitors now have their lives cut in half. Everybody knows that now, and once the fells reach someone's PK range they're hunted like trophies.

Fells and Abyssals piss people off, that's the plain truth. Since that's the case, if you play one expect to be targeted. I think a lot of new players come to AR and try to play one, thinking that the whole "against everybody" motif sounds like a fun one. But when they finally break that tenth rank and are able to be targeted, the fun seems to dwindle.

Fells and Abyssals (and even traitors) are really fun to play if you don't mind getting trashed, gang-banged, etc... you just have to get your mindset ready for it. I think if people realized that more and didn't get too attached to their fell/abyssal, there'd be more of them in AR. The days of Turazon, Minnner, Traldrin and the rest are gone. Most of the air got taken out of the fell/abyssal sails when all of the traitors that were terrorizing people left and right logged in and saw that "death was knocking at their doors".

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Well first, legion isnt dead, its actually thriving. Secondly, fells/abyssals are made for the experienced, who are familiar with cabals, and I grimace at the thought of a newbie trying to play one almost as much as I do someone with sufficient skill battling it out at 50 with the extra advantages they got. I watched a fell DK take on four knights and kill ALL of them. Finally, organising a group on the forum is a big no-no. please refrain from doing that in the future.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: