Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 17 hours.

Justice Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking about Justice and how to "fix" them the other day and came up with a few ideas. Someone in another Justice thread brought up the point where a real cop won't be able to tell there's a crime unless he's close enough to hear it. How about in town, yells only extend 5-6 rooms out? You could blame it on the din of the city or something. And maybe make the Justices have to search for evidence or something. For example, say a stone giant attacks an avian in town. The Justice can 'search' the room and may find a loose feather and a huge footprint or something, and if the person had been wanted before they might be able to match the print or the feather to the person. Or something like, "A footprint left from the boots of protection is here." Then you could match up who has the equipment. Just little things like that to make it more interesting instead of just flag/kill.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
actually, you normally are this unhelpful, cuz all you do is flame w/out a damn thought in your head

I dont know how long ago this was.. but I will just make sure everyone knows for their own edification.. Dont respond to him or block him one of the two, but talking to him is the best way to make yourself a target of his criticism in the future.

As for justices, I think things are pretty equal all in all, there is not much that needs to be changed. Save for the level of pk that is in justice. I think at a young level there needs to be pk'ing for them outside of protected areas just to show that they can hunt and pk with the best of em. These cabals arent about getting in and using a chiznett'ed guard in order to beat down on other people without using any skill what so ever.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject:

If by any chance you dont enjoy my bitching, my flaming, and my derogitory comments. Fuck off. I realy could care less.

And number two...I like the idea more than I did this morning...But it still sounds way too dumb. Kinda like you eh? You fight with a gimp against someone like rylek...And I dont care who you are...your gonna lose. And die. And this would be way too powerfull when fighting against a warrior class. So you have a mage with only parry...You chop off his hand...He doesnt ever parry anything and gets fucked by the 2-6 attacks from the warrior. But a warrior with one hand would still fare generaly the same against a mage...they would just need to be a little more skilled and this would be the only time that fighting with this supposed gimp would be all in all fair.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject:

sweet_canadian_mullet wrote:
I fuck pigs...theyr good for jerking off wiht...

And number two...I like the idea more than I did this morning...But it still sounds way too dumb. Kinda like you eh? You fight with a gimp against someone like rylek...And I dont care who you are...your gonna lose. And die. And this would be way too powerfull when fighting against a warrior class. So you have a mage with only parry...You chop off his hand...He doesnt ever parry anything and gets fucked by the 2-6 attacks from the warrior. But a warrior with one hand would still fare generaly the same against a mage...they would just need to be a little more skilled and this would be the only time that fighting with this supposed gimp would be all in all fair.

Uh, these things are SUPPOSED to gimp you! That's why you don't commit acts of crime. But, I don't quite like the idea because it is extra coding to delay the inevitable. You are going to die. And you aren't going to put up any fight. Justices do that well enough. What I'd like to see is a necro raising a special guard and using it to kill a Justice. Serves em right.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject:

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
I think at a young level there needs to be pk'ing for them outside of protected areas just to show that they can hunt and pk with the best of em. These cabals arent about getting in and using a chiznett'ed guard in order to beat down on other people without using any skill what so ever.

You get a skill to order the guard to attack. It lags you a fair bit when you use it, whether they're in the room when you use it or not. Its nowhere near as easy as running someone down with murder or better yet bash, you don't get fucked up with lag for missing completely with those. Nearly all of the pursuits are on people out of pk, so this way to attack is all you have. It is EASY to escape even multiple Justices because of that.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject:

Shade simply because you said that I am going to call you a complete fuck tard then explain. My point was that this would be one of those WAYY to powerfull things that are going to be applied to justices and they dont need any more powerfull things. And secondly that it would gimp some players far more than others. And three it would be much easier to kill someone ona warrior person if they were gimped than a mage because your attacks are not based on your defenses. So...Yeah you feel dumb now. As you should. Dumb fuck. Learn to flame and grow some brains.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject:

Shade simply because you said that I am going to call you a complete fuck tard then explain. My point was that this would be one of those WAYY to powerfull things that are going to be applied to justices and they dont need any more powerfull things. And secondly that it would gimp some players far more than others. And three it would be much easier to kill someone ona warrior person if they were gimped than a mage because your attacks are not based on your defenses. So...Yeah you feel dumb now. As you should. Dumb fuck. Learn to flame and grow some brains.

Learn to realize that flaming wasn't my intent. Also learn to realize that no one can even even understand your post, and those who do hardly ever stop to read them. Your just that person that I want to get pissy about today. And the idea wasn't limited to hands. It was talking about everything, like losing an ear or a foot, and for mages? They could easily substitute hands with the cutting of a tongue. So even though I may buy my brain from a dollar store, at least I have one.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject:

Congrats. Im very happy for you. A very not so wise person once told me...It is the speaker's job to deliver the speach. And the listeners to take it as it was. Which MEANS....Your job as the person who is talking is to deliver it as you want it to be delivered and it is your job to be sure that your words cant be mistaken as something else. Now. Back to the kind of subject. You cut out a mages tongue. You take a mages hand. You take a mages leg. The tongue...Stops casting for some mages. Wayyy too powerfull. The hand. Takes away parrying for the mage. Fucking the mage over and therfore...Wayyyy too powerfull. The leg. A warrior can duke out a fight. A good mages arsenal includes using his legs to be sure the warrior gets the least amount of hits possible. So. But the leg is the only one that is fairly even. But why on earth would you take someones leg for breaking the law? They ran into someone too fast? This idea is not a good one. You arguing for it is not a good idea. And you trying to be intelligent can hurt you. SO I suggest you stop doing all three.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject:

Congrats. Im very happy for you. A very not so wise person once told me...It is the speaker's job to deliver the speach. And the listeners to take it as it was. Which MEANS....Your job as the person who is talking is to deliver it as you want it to be delivered and it is your job to be sure that your words cant be mistaken as something else. Now. Back to the kind of subject. You cut out a mages tongue. You take a mages hand. You take a mages leg. The tongue...Stops casting for some mages. Wayyy too powerfull. The hand. Takes away parrying for the mage. Fucking the mage over and therfore...Wayyyy too powerfull. The leg. A warrior can duke out a fight. A good mages arsenal includes using his legs to be sure the warrior gets the least amount of hits possible. So. But the leg is the only one that is fairly even. But why on earth would you take someones leg for breaking the law? They ran into someone too fast? This idea is not a good one. You arguing for it is not a good idea. And you trying to be intelligent can hurt you. SO I suggest you stop doing all three.

Wow. You are taking these things seriously, arent't you? Laughing They're going to die anyway, and I don't support the idea at all. I was just throwing out examples of what could happen if they did get in trouble with the law. Losing a leg could be running from the law, hit and run, kicking someone, etc.
BTW:
I'm not gonna bother with mullet anymore. I just decided that would be fun for a day.
Domokun

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject:

Yeah you lose. BWahahahah! I win. Why would you argue for something that you dont agree with? Only a child would do tha....Oh wait. Hahahahahhaha.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject:

Actually its not that a big deal losing parry, mages usually parry badly anyway due to their lack of weapon types and then getting dirt kicked. Not to mention the 1k hp they can pull from eq.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: