Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 17 hours.

Why go Knights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Why go Knights?

Seems everyone and his brother is going Knights now instead of taking the under dog Legion or even Justice or Warlords.. just curious as to why everyone would go Knights.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject:

I don't play evils. I just wouldn't like it. Don't really like to play neutrals either. Legions seem like the underdogs, but that's because they shot themselves in the foot.

Lights are more like the underdog of Thera, that's why there's so many of them, and another reason there are so many Knight hopefuls is that it's the only cabal they can apply to. Whereas evils get into Justice and Legion.

Neutrals just chillen with Justice, Warlords, and Heralds.

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject:

It always seems people go for the cabal with the upper hand. Few join the underdogs.

A recent cabal skill change also made knights more desirable.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject:

Well if that's the case it would only be more desirable to those who were already in the Castle when the change happened. I'm sure that note wasn't sent to everyone. So not everyone knew there was a change.....until now.

*points up one post*

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject:

Alleviating request with gamble eq was a major cause of pkers switching aligns, to take on the established evil playerbase. This will make a great section for Thera's timeline. Its going to burn out eventually because there's only so many people can convert to good before there's nobody to pk, and that will get the decent pkers bored, and some will go back to evil. So there'll be fewer evils, but decent ones. In theory. Right now, high level evil pfiles greatly outnumber goods and evils combined, so don't expect this "surge" to end for a while.

Knights cabal has the least powerful skills and flag. There are more Knight apps because:

a) there's more *new* (active) people going lightwalker
b) its the only cabal the lightwalker pkers can join

Plenty evils out there, who don't really have the skills to play evil, and who're now feeling the heat. Only the strong will survive... thats the way evils supposed to be.

Numbers wise, Knights has the least members of any cabal right now, and a squire process to slow them down even more.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Evil has held an overwhelming presence for a long time and i think the tide is turning. Although it didnt happen until i had to stop playing evils Twisted Evil

Its so good to be bad.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:

indeed it's good to be bad... it even feels good. Until when I start turning trash, I delete.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I am not sure if i fully understand marsd, but you can be bad and not be an ass, i mean i am good at being bad, but i don't hunt down people. People bring it on themselfs. <-- my english still sucks Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't Justice have the weakest cabal skills? I mean, almost all of their skills can only be used on Criminals. Doesn't give them much of an edge over other cabals when they haven't committed a crime.

Justices still kick butt though Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Quiet Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Justices can just sit in a Law-town and be able to use their skills against anyone who can attack them. Thats not weak at all. Their skills are uber, and the condition is flimsy. They just have to town-sit and they're able to, so there. They can do anything, then call back to town, and their covered. Nowhere near weak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject:

And so can anyone else.. even those who assault the Justice Hall... More then that, if a justice is fighting someone and barely escapes to Seringale with their life, the person they are fighting against has the choice to take the flag and kill the Justice or not. The Justice does not have this choice.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:

You mean take the bounty:

Code:
BOUNTIED criminals forfeit any protection they have under the law as
citizens, and may be freely attacked in areas protected by the Justice
cabal.  In addition, killing a BOUNTIED criminal will automatically earn one
a sizable gold bounty paid by the Justice cabal.  Lastly, corpses of a
BOUNTIED criminal are also not protected, and may be looted freely within a
protected area. 

It is good to be a Justice.

0 0 0
Zireph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Justices are hardly weak. They are just not a 'I have a cabal enemy' Sort of cabal. They just hate everyone that doesnt follow their rules, and makes them pay with an uber duber uper kuber mob.

And Amdorin, you hit the nail on the head when you said that evils shot themselves in the foot. Buncha freaking retards.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject:

man, wes not just a bunchn freaken returds, wes just a liken to hurt our own whens theys tryns to helps us.

Yea, evils don't play well with others, even other evils.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Jebus.. at the end of august I should be able to play again and I am definatly going evil. My whole theory behind my string of knights is that they were always, when I played, at the bottom end of things. I dont like playing from advantage unless I helped to bring the advantage on. Meaning, if I started and knights were at a disadvantage, while I was around (not necessarily because of me) knights had advantage I am going to stay around.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: