Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 7 hours.

Mind Link

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crale

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Mind Link

Does the mind link skill for rangers still work? If it does, I didnt even know it existed, but it seems like a good skill. I cant use it yet, but the only way I would have known about it is if I had read the werebeast helpfile.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject:

it was taken out when the new bow skills went in. werebeast helpfile wasn't updated because of a small oversight.

my question is, if mindlink is gone, does that mean beasts wont do those unique stuff (bear jumping in front of you, wolf calling other wolves, etc) or does it still work?

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject:

I think it sucks that a lot of the skills the lend RP possibilities (and really give that class skills to RP with) to a specific class are being taken out in favor of combat related skills.

Don't get be wrong, combat skills help and are great, but to remove Class/race related Roleplay skills... skills that give spice to a class or race and give them more ability to roleplay in favor of PK is to me the reason why I see so very little RP anywhere in the game.

Call me crazy.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject:

When was mind link ever an 'RP' skill??

You can still do things like "emote probes into the mind of a panther, sensing its distress" or something. 'Mind link' was not only a very pk-related skill in my opinion, but also an easy way to get your ass kicked if you weren't smart when using it.

0 0 0
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject:

P.s. to my first post, I love minimap. <3

You don't see how using a bird to stalk your prey and probing into the mind of the panther and becoming it, using it to move around, and do your bidding - is an RP related skill?

Edit: I mean sure, it's used in PK, just like gag was, and so forth. But it doesn't make it any less of a skill that give a class/race some flavor and RP.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject:

I don't think anyone is brave enough (or dumb enough) to have ever attacked someone with a mind-linked panther... If you stayed for more than a few hours (I think three?) while "controlling" your panther then you would die for neglecting your body (not trying to insult you- it was good for taking disarmed weapons). I don't think that any of your pets do any mind related skills (bears jumping, boars getting summoned instead of you, ect). I've seen my boar come along when I butchered a corpse, and a falcon came when someone from my pk entered the area I was in- but that's all I've seen.

Mini-map *is* cool Wink

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Gygh wrote:
.....I've seen my boar come along when I butchered a corpse, and a falcon came when someone from my pk entered the area I was in- but that's all I've seen.

Mini-map *is* cool Wink

That doesn't have to do with mind link. Mind link is gone, so stalking falcons, controlled panthers, and so on is gone. The things you speak of above are just how to call your pets now.

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I updated the werebeast help file. Thanks for pointing it out.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: