Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 23 hours.

Demanding the rooms back that not many wandered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Demanding the rooms back that not many wandered

I have been in these realms sence 2002, I have gotten alot of people to stay in these lands by helping them with items and showing them secrets. I feel very violated by some of the changes; The dissapearing lands, the changing of the best kept but always shared secrets (bars of metal), the total weakening of haste (no longer doubbles the attack, now it is like extra attack every other round), illusionists losing the most basic of enteraining spell, and the spell delay. You have slit the neck of my favorite guild.

Monster repulsion potions are genius thoe, love that change.

All I ask is that the realms be given some lost areas back, or i am leaving too. I just want to see more rooms, Bream woods would be nice or even the caverns where one could find the flaming black longsword.

Grayden Grim

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject:

I agree with you. I don't like all of the changes either.
However, I keep playing for the fact I know (hopefully) they will balance all things out in the end. Its just rough for alot of players right now. Honestly I don't see a reason to quit over it, play for fun if nothing else.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject:

The flaming black longsword is still in the game, you need to use locate object.

Timbers = level 48 mobs with no defences AND vulns. I can't give that back. Try defilers (one defence and a vuln), watchers, then finally undead warriors.

Any other issues?

0 0 0
Viggs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject:

Ya,
Thieves still do not have freaking hellstream damnit!!!!!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject:

Well heres a basic LEVELLING guide for you newbie helpers..

Level 1-4: arena
- Get the arena armor

Level 4-5: miden'nir goblins and small goblins of the village
Level 5-7: dark horseman, goblin guards and the goblin bosses
- Get the goblin armor and weapons

Level 7-10: elves (evil) or oozes (good) - and troll den
- Get the troll den equipment

Level 10-13: farmers (evil) or spiders (good)
Level 13-15: brownies (evil) or serpents (good)
Level 15-18: travelers (evil) or vultures (good) - add guerillas near end
- Get the orc mountain armor and timaran bars quest weapons

Now around here is where people tend to fuck around because they are just getting new skills or want to jump to better items sooner, which is understandable because the next rung up is quite a leap.

Level 18-21: dryads (evil) or talamaurs (good)
- Get the mithril equipment from Thalos, or black iron from Tyr Unguld
- buy some weapons from Seringale shop

Level 21-27: nymphs (evil) or butlers (good)
- now you can get some of the best weapons there is, from elemental canyon

By now you will be nearly monster potion dependent to rank without good tanks or cures.

Level 27-30: lady rangers (evil) or gnolls (good)
- now you can finally kill the red dragon safely (with pot of course), or tainted golem, or request the golden dragonscales, or get living woods.. and you can get the holy avenger /hell-blades, etc. Good place to learn the game better and prepare for a cabal.

Beyond that .... well I'll let you guys deal. But since timbers was brought up, I'll fill you in on what you can do instead. Obviously youre familiar with ettins and emerald's rangers? Try that stuff. And if you can't make the leap to Solace / Shadar after that, then your best bets are either:

- Goods = keep of d'al kaddars's dark warrior guardss (vuln holy)
- Evils = tainted valley's Footman, Cleric (vuln negative)
- Rare weapons will be very helpful against the stronger mobs.. swiftbirds, bejewlled axes, whip of torture, crusader swords that sort of thing

Rare locations are the sort of things that should be "secret", and also remember, you're really pretty much done getting eq by 30 except for getting rares - and levelling gets a lot slower. This means you need to find something other to keep yourself amused, like fleshing out an RP, applying for a cabal... goofing around in the Inn, you wont be too popular if you go around just pointless killing with no plans to rank anymore. Make sure the newbies you help know that before they get too good at it.

Please list any changes you dont like. I will see what I can do.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:

for neutrels, 250exp at 4 at Tainted Valley are pretty sad. Evils'd get like 400, but that's nothing compared to the ranking poweress of Goodies in Shadar. Wut, 800 at 40, 600 at 45, 400 at 49... hmm, that's a ton more compared to Evils.

0 0 0
dashpunk217

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Braem Wood was just a cool place with the cemetary of old people...take timbers our or make them not have a vuln or something...but the area was kick ass.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I really liked the cemetary where it had the names of thoes daring enough to live only once, so is that in a different area? Ok, I see the sword and know i have to find Sherman, but when i identify the sword i hope i am not heart broken, I cannot use swords but when i seen it two handed i was kinda sad, so what will it be now. Oh I lied I am addicted i just want to see more rooms Twisted Evil oK, happy hunting again in AR.

Grayden

0 0 0
Static Impulse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:

I agree with marsd about the exp for evils. Since temple of sryeb was taken out, the high level good mobs for ranking are a bit limited, and a lot harder to get to/find. Maybe add a new mob in emerald that's a bit better to rank off of than rangers? They only give about 200 at rank 4- if I remember correctly. Even Solace shoppies get's about 250 at 40. I may be mistaken.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: