Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 19 hours.

Necromancer pets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Necromancer pets.

So I've recently find out zombie necro pets never bash anymore and was wondering why the change. Was the autoassist and zombie fleeing nerf not enough and the surprising popular display of necromancers too powerful to overcome?

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:

Hahahahha

They still bash if you find the right zombie

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject:

No, none of them do, or apparently do much of anything else.

Anyone got an answer to my question? Why necros got the axe x 3.

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject:

My guess would be that everyone has a serious defensive disadvantage now. So having 3-5 creatures backing you up, while defenses and stuff are so low....

That would be my guess for before fifty.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject:

Crazyhorse is talking out of his rear. At/By 50 your defenses are 95% or better. Before that the necro only has one/two zombies. Ramod, they've weakened the two powerhouse pk classes, they say for balance reasons but I've never had an issue fighting either (necros/Ill). Not sure why they've done what've they've done but Im sure they have their reasons (they always do). I'm guessing here but I think it has something to do with the fact that those two classes pose an enormous problem for newbs and in weakening them they have made the mud more newb friendly. I've noticed since then that the newbs have moved to making hybrids, mostly paladins as far as I can tell. It's real easy to play a class that can request/heal/sanc/and pump out the damage (at least against evils). Not jumping on the anti paladin wagon, just haven't figured out a way that works effeciently yet. I'm not even going to begin to think that you need help finding zombies. But as an observation I've noticed on recent logs with necros involved that the golems are out damaging the zombies..maybe I'll make a necro as an experiment..only time will tell.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject:

I don't see a pressing need for necromancers to have access to lag skills, when they can run around vamp touching guards for superfast regen. It pretty much turns dispel magic into a one hit kill when you put bash on top of three decent zombies, two golems, and acid blast.

Their bashes got removed by a general change to charmies (ALL of them) that prevents them from performing lag skills.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject:

That makes more sense. I dont know if its true, but thats more sensible than my guess.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject:

I assume this includes duplicates also, but isn't it too much coupling this along with the pets fleeing in random directions as soon as you flee and also the autoassisting change. Like necros have it bad, but I can't even imagine what ills can do, soon as they flee they got the rest of the tick to gather their duplicates before its gone. Hence there hasn't been any strong ills/necros in months, in fact not even many of them in the lower ranks.

Does the "lagging skills" include dirt kick also?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Dirt is one of the best lag skills actually. Flee dirted = face plant or whatever the thing is. That stacks horribly with a dispel magic situation.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:

My gnome did fine with the new illusions, and he was a sucky stat gnome.

All I remember about lagging mobs is that Rylek took 15 rounds of straight lag before I could flee, and at least 8 rounds of lag from zombies. That's not even a fight, it's just crap.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject:

Ramod wrote:
No, none of them do, or apparently do much of anything else.

Anyone got an answer to my question? Why necros got the axe x 3.

I disagree, other day raised Szorbin and he still bashes alot. Maybe you just have bad luck...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject:

Have you done that recently?

I've raised about 8 different mobs that should bash/trip/dirt, and none of them do.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject:

Nm it was like two or three weeks ago.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: