Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 15 hours.

Thanksgiving Make a Wish Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remmenon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Good times

Quote:
First of all, I wish for 15 more wishes.....

I wish for Darknights to get extort back.. the original one that you can extort items from people in your pk, ummm Be able to charm people again instead of just creatures, for them to get sleep, weaken and for blindness to go back to only 5 mana at a higher rank... Thieves to get counterfeit back, for thieves to be able to hide for sure when they have MASTERED HIDE!!!! ummm... illusionists to be able to doppleganger again and to cast sanc.... Ummm... Zerkers to get hitroll bonus when raged and to be able to switch weapons when raged and to get dual parry back... Ummm and the whole adrenaline thing affecting skills... WHICH ONLY GIMPS NINJAS AND THIEVES!!!!(I think that whole adrenaline gimping should seriously be evaluated fairly because it's doesn't affect any other classes skills.. not saying you should gimp them too, just saying you should scrap it).

I wish the Gods would take all these wishes seriously and implement them all

You were supposed to wish for one thing only for it to be considered.. -Davairus

0 0 0
Trillian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Thanksgiving wish, awesome. I'd like to ask for re-adjustment of surge times. For me, it's central time.

Sunday: 4-6 PM
Tuesday: 10-noon
Thurday: 4-6 AM
Friday: 10-midnight

So.. this means, Sunday afternoon can't be made (homework/cleaning/fraternity), Tuesday Morning (sleep/classes), Thursday (Sleep??... actually, that's the only one I make), and Friday (going out, having fun.. not going to spend the night hitting surge). So.. if more can be added or its shifted around, that'd be awesome.

What a considerate wish.. revolve the surges around you. I'll see if I can get the purples to repop whenever you walk by while I'm at it. - Davairus

Quote:
Also, it'd be nice if character interaction mattered a little more.

What did you mean by this?

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Aggro fast tracking and fast repoping mobs who roam the ranking areas looking for players to kill. When I first started playing, you were constantly on edge while ranking, just waiting for a player to attack you. Now ranking is just tedious thanks to the lack of interesting options you have open to you. With the lack of pkers, agro mobs that players will have to be on guard against will do.

Make it so that when you get killed by one of these mobs, you appear in your temple with your eq. (new players dont care about being killed - they care about losing eq)

0 0 0
Slade
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject:

More than 1 thing to be said here... if just one I'd go with psis and druids though. And psis better have levitate, some kind of sanc, and some kind of healing still Cool .

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject:

More racial legacies, oh and i'd like to see some religions, which would change up the whole good versus evil thing, for example, you could have somebody in this religion attacking somebody in another religion for religious reasons....kinda like osama bin laden

0 0 0
Emo+o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject:

Give back thieves and ninjas what made them unique yet "powerful" enough?

1) 100 % success at hide (when mastered)

2) whole adrenaline thing affecting skills...

3) Is the chances of assassinate / backstab reduced?

In the past, I still can see assassinate actually being successfully performed once in a while on a mob around my level.

Now ? Mastered assassinate but I have yet to see anything near my level actually got assassinated, be it mob or player.

Is assassinate being reduced to a weaker form of charge? I hope not, else Ninjas may not be worth anything anymore. Not point for assassinate / ninjas if you can only assassinate hobogoblins...

0 0 0
The Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Might sound stuipd, but all I want to know is which direction I fled in, especially if I'm fighting in a four way junction.

I'm not exactly the fastest tracker anyway, and having to scan all while skirmishing, on top of the short fleeing lag, just gets frustrating.

Code:

You flee from combat!
You lost 10 experience points
You don't have a clue which direction your opponent is.

Could it not be:

Code:

You flee from combat!
You lost 10 experience points.
You stumble north.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Yeah zealot I'd imagine a lot of people wanting that, even myself. But immediately I could see how abusive it is, especially for scriptors.

You stumble north.
*trigger automatically works out the opposite direction, run in murder bam, and repeat flee* ....

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject:

AH, the wish I wish tonight, I wish for a 3 day kill fest of level 50 jump. I forget the what it is called but you make a new player and there is a command to to jump you to level 50, then fight with guiltless death and murder. It should be advertised by mouth to all thoes who enjoy muds and I think it would boost the player base.

Input please,

Grayden Grim of the bloody fields of flesh

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

It's affectionately known as a "brawl day"... you make a character, you get automatically ranked to 50 with all skills/spells mastered, and (in most cases) you can join any cabal that accepts your race/class.

Then you go around killing/getting killed by everyone else, and corpses line the streets.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:

A wish.....

Hmm, make it more challenging for spellcaster v. spellcaster. A combat module for spellcasters. Here goes:

Mages/Clerics should have their own methods of battle against their spellcaster oppenents that affect each other the way two warrior types battle as well. Let's say if shaman A is weapon warded and Invoker A is not, Invoker A's physical damage is reduced, if both are warded then damage is the same. There is no bonus damage for being warded over another, just no penalty. The normal affects on parry still exist as well. Now that covers the weapon advantage. Now for combat superiority, since these mage/cleric types don't dodge or dual wield that leaves defensive (with shield), held (one hander weap with held object), (defensive with just a one hander weap), and two handed.

held (one hander weap with held object)>defensive(with shield)
defensive (with shield)>two handed
two handed>(defensive with held)

These superiorities affect strength of offensive spells and physical damage bonuses. To be in advantage of combat superiority makes a slight boost in offensive spells and physical damage to the opponent. This would also bring into the game a new type of item: "Concentration Stones" (or whatever), a type of stave that puts the spellcaster in a combat status of "held" when held in junction with a weapon. This also puts further importance into the "staves" skill. Now these stones have magical identities and must have that identity to be useful in combat. (i.e. you can't hold random item "string" and be in a useful held status)

The "useful held status" term comes from spellcasters who hold weapons and a wand at the same time. They'd be in "held" status, but would not exercise the advantages of "held" status with a C stone, but more like a defensive status without a shield, but still "held" status and is still overcome by a two-hander weapon.

This also opens the field to the physical combat types as well (ninjas to warriors). They can use these stones in junction with a magical/elemental type weapon to increase their damage against spellcasters. They'd be in the "held" status as well. And normal "C Stones" don't provide an extra defense (meaning a warrior type would only have parry and dodge). Though I'm sure more arcane and hidden ones can produce enhancing affects.

The held status should only be used against a spellcaster if you are a warrior type because you would still get the enhanced damage against other warrior types, but you may find it not worth losing a defensive skill over (the enhanced damage isn't as boosted against another warrior type). Spellcasters can decide to use it upon warrior types, but they may wish to keep as much defense as they can against a fighter type.

You can actually break up the "C Stones" into different types and levels to affect different types of weapons and spread them through Thera. Elemental (fiery dagger of doooom) C Stones, Magical(sceptre wrought with light) C Stones, and Divine (divine fire, ethereal weapons) C Stones for example.

Code:
You see a shiny blue jewel on the ground.    get jewel
You pick up a Magical Stone of Focus.   inv

(Humming) a Magical Stone of Focus

OR

You see a shimmering blue jewel on the ground.    get jewel
You pick up a Magical Stone of Focus.    inv

(Glowing) a Magical Stone of Focus

OR

You see a sparkling sight of blue on the ground.   get blue
You pick up a Magical Stone of Focus.     inv

(Glowing)(Humming) a Magical Stone of Focus

The different description of the stone can dictate it's level. There can be 3 levels: LVL 1, LVL 2, LVL 3

The higher the level the harder and more to find and/or gain.

LVL 1: Ranks 20-30 (Rank 30 can gain one easier than Rank 20)
LVL 2: Ranks 30-40 (etc.)
LVL 3: Ranks 40-50

It is possible for LVL 1's and 2's to be found and used by anyone Rank 20 and above (looting, luck of finding one, etc), but the LVL 3's have a strict rank req of 40+. It's also easier for a pinnacled char to gain a LVL 3 than an Rank 40 due to the strength of the mob or difficulty of the area.

This will also bring more definition to the "counterbalanced skill" of thieves, ninjas, and bards because only they can hold a non C stone item and be in defensive status (if they hold a C stone they will go into held status). Anyone else that holds an a non-C stone item while fighting will be in "held" status.

Even monks can hold these C stones(instead of beads) and receive their benefits, but they will still be in whatever status they currently are in when they are in battle (something needs to be made known about their combat status btw).

Let's admit it, spellcasters need another module too. It'll make mage on mage battle more interesting and puts more skills to use.

...Well.....I guess that's my wish. I was gonna save this idea for when...erhm...well you'll find out later, but I thought it was a good idea. What do you think? A good wish?

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm not complaining again! If this doesn't happen, I won't cry about it or nothing.

I'd wish that rangers, by class definition, would get a slight advantage with bows. Even if it was a real minor one. All their upper-range skills are geared for the bow, but they ARE rarely ever useful with so many people using shields/shield spell. That, plus, rangers are supposed to be more trained with a bow than other classes, typically. You could argue ninja/thief, but they're more stealth with a bow option, rangers are more woodland archery-type folk as I see it.

Sooo.. for the ranger class, maybe a slight bonus to hit in combat or maybe just with the skills like wound/snap/part/leading shot against shields, not so much to be overpowered, but a slight bonus.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm not complaining again! If this doesn't happen, I won't cry about it or nothing.

I'd wish that rangers, by class definition, would get a slight advantage with bows. Even if it was a real minor one. All their upper-range skills are geared for the bow, but they ARE rarely ever useful with so many people using shields/shield spell. That, plus, rangers are supposed to be more trained with a bow than other classes, typically. You could argue ninja/thief, but they're more stealth with a bow option, rangers are more woodland archery-type folk as I see it.

Sooo.. for the ranger class, maybe a slight bonus to hit in combat or maybe just with the skills like wound/snap/part/leading shot against shields, not so much to be overpowered, but a slight bonus.

0 0 0
trance_monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Heh, sorry about that.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject:

Mostly I wish I was dead

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:

my thanksgiving wish: a turkey humanoid race

hey more races/classes are always way cool in my opin

0 0 0
Nuonorp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject:

After a little thought (and a lot of other suggestions already being taken), I would like to see an option for any character to change their title. By this, I mean that a character who is, for example, level 43 could pick a title of any level equal to or less than their actual level. It'd allow for a little flavor to a character as a character could stay with a particular title that they fancy, and you couldn't just type who and see their level for any class. My cents.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject:

Going to lock now because its over, I'll just edit post for replies or something. So look for your post and see if I get around to it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: