Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 9 hours.

Your first beatdown (taken)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saegen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Your first beatdown (taken)

I am not talking about the first time you were pked or the first time Tiamut put an UNSPEAKABLE on you.. I'm talking about the first time you went into a fight thinking you OWNED the other and... 2 rounds later your running for your corpse. Post away.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

What ever Ramod's shamans name was... Back then

0 0 0
theobserver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I remember a few years ago one of my rangers was all set up to attack this mino zerker. I did my little check list:

Potions ..Check!
Duel wielding two suitable weapons...Check!
Spare weapons....Check!
Tiggers Set...Check!
Pets called...Check!

All systems are green. go go go go!!. Chaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggeeeee. Then two rounds later I was crawling my bleeding ass back to the dwarf forest to hide. I was so disappointed. Shocked

0 0 0
Rolfy!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I was playing Isil, my first caballed character (Legion) and was fully convinced of how hardcore I was. I got my skills gimped (no cure) when Legion closed down, and Groq gave me a chance to get back in if I killed Runath the Herald paladin. So, I got a suit of red dragon and went after what I thought would be a real easy kill (Mr. gayass n00b Herald). Then I got my ass totally handed to me. And deleted right after, bawling my eyes out cuz I got pwned by a n00b Herald (which, I have no doubt, is the exact reaction Runath's player wanted).

0 0 0
Saegen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I was "all decked out" with my minor globe and my snott-spitter war bow (by the way what happened to that?) and the arrows from the ranger lord!!! quaffed my purple and... shoulda know not to attack a legion at rank 20!!!!
Saegen shakes her head in dismay!

Damn yellow <PK>

I thought someone had JUST came to my range, had been talking crap to me all day. then Bam ERADICATED!!!!! twice over...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ace High

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

So I was trying to rp my level 50 drow shaman Herald going over to be a good guy. I teamed up with some lvl 50 healer and we go invade Legion to pwn Nourrin. We were both nicely decked, and I figured no way in hell that a thief could take down 2 lvl 50 clerics. Haha...About two minutes later I was running my ass back to Legion cabal wondering how the hell I had just gotten utterly pwned into oblivion. I unghosted and invaded again trying to get to my corpse and finish Nourrin off because he was pretty hurt, and I end up licking my wounds in my temple again. After that, I think I figured out that I was only at about stage 2 of the 7 stages of mudding, whereas before I had thought I was getting pretty good.

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:

Happens every time I log on...

You have been KILLED!!
You have been KILLED!!
You have been KILLED!!

0 0 0
raginggnome

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject:

The first one I can remember off the top of my head was with my 41 dwarven healer Urthos, and I attacked Korgitser or he attacked me,thought I would own and was then suddenly I was dead... Quite the piss off to... And A similiar situation with Draetlan.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:

My first beat down was like this. level 34 elf paladin sitting in the paladin guild, guild gets attacked by necromancer. I thought I'd better defend my guild guardian because he's a lightwalker too. So I get spells up and out I go...

"CHAAAAARGE!" *Wraths the necro while he's fighting Nurnil.* "This seems easy enough, why did my guildmates just quit?"

Shortly afterwards the blinded guild guard died and I got owned in under 10 seconds, full looted and soul captured before I could type st;e;g all corpse on good old telnet. I was playing on telnet back then and the necromancer had so many charmies that his attacks scrolled off my entire page preventing me from seeing prompt. This was first age, so I think necromancers might have been able to get more zombies at 35 back then. Anyway, so I deleted figuring I sucked too much to play paladins.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I know you mean killed by players, but during the first age no one killed grayden grim, a dk who never made it all the way, but When I first started I got one of thoes "you should be able to take a dryad" and sure enough I was in my temple and ghosted before I could figure out what happened.
*shrug*

Grayden Grim of the Bloody Fields of Flesh

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: ownage

haha, I remember I was solexpre, level 40 duergar warrior. This was back around when ar had just been stolen, and it was like 2-3 weeks of brawl days. Right after that they got back the pfiles, and xanaduei(the thief) hacked into ar, and set my skills, and my buddys. So here I am, duergar warrior, every skill 100 sept warcry and shield disarm, had potions, good eq, and I seen a fire warrior(cant remember name, but it was one of pips chars) so I had my icicles, and thought I was gonna pwn, only to end up getting the shit royally kicked outta me, i think i lasted like 5-6 rounds

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

oh man.. back in the first age, I had this storm giant paladin named might or some shit. Didn't really know what was giong on but I did know that I could go to the mob factory to go rank, so I send a tell to this guy in pk seeing if he wanted to go to mob factory with me. He's like "I don't think we can gruop, the god's won't allow it". Remember now, I'm noob so I respond, "That's Okay, maybe you can just help me hit them." So he agrees and I'm off to the mob factory to gain exp.. yeah, right. I tank the first city guard head and am promptly attacked, and killed. It was kinda sweet.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Beatdown!

Good stories here. Not my first, but a good one:

I had a stone warrior around 30 -> 35, second age. Had just returned to AR after the break between ages.

This Legion wannabe monk called Iul or Ios or something, kept sending me tells like "Death stalks your path."

Anyway, I had no clue, so I wandered into Seringale, got beat down and ran.
At that stage I thought I was quick/good so I ran to the zone around Mansion, being 10000% convinced that nobody could POSSIBLY find me all the way out there.

Haha, you know the rest!

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

My first character was a storm paladin. I hit lvl 23 or so and a human illusionist named Oswald charmed me and led me to Deloth, remove all, drop all, and blamo, Deloth one rounded me.

0 0 0
bassball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject:

Matthais wrote:
storm paladin.

This is completely off subject, but a storm giant paladin would rock! They should be brought back!

0 0 0
Hilemal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

My first beatdown that I can remember was when I played a DKN who was part of the Emerald Gang (a group of DKN's and one Necro who would run around always wielding Emerald Swords... it's lame, I know, but I was new and was just happy to participate). It was back while I was in HS, so either 99 or 2000 probably. At around lvl 30ish, me and another DKN in the Emerald Gang saw this Paladin and Healer sitting at NS and decided to take them out. Apparently they had the same thoughts and we met in the middle. Man, we were both dead so quick I still have no clue what happened. Haha, I don't think I even knew about purple potions=P

Oh yeah, and that charm person kill that Ill's could do was lame

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject:

A little more lame than dks being able to cast 'sleep'

Timaran, city centre, sleep blind plague yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada...Lightning bolt or bash or uber trip or some shit... Dude killed me at least 5 times. Damn those vamp wannabes.

Another time, I was on my warlord at rank 48. Uhhh....damn names...Britck or krit. One was a warlord, one was a Legion, but both were avian warriors, around the same time. Anyway, whichever one was the Warlord, rank 48...My older brother was playing Ssrthak. Slith warrior. rank 50. Im like, fuck him dude. I can sooo pwn you. Of course I am sitting at a sideways glance away from him so I can see where he is and shit so Im thinking 'No prob. This bitch ass noob has nothing on me.' We started in Valour, and he ended up chasing me all around the city walls in Seringale and I got ganked by my brother who had lots of things going for him. Faster comp, More experience on what people are going to do, and how to go about solving the riddle of what people are going to do after that. Anyway, I got uber noobed, then I went after him again, and got uber noobed again, and Justin looked at me in Dismay, and slapped me upside the head. *end of story*

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject:

Haha I remember the emerald gang.. thats awesome you guys are still here.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Ug. That f'ing shaman. I was playing my frist fifty, Jarnegin the fire giant warrior. I am helping someone rank, up at the Temple of Syreb. Suddenly I have this tell, Ug tells you, 'Let go of my children!'

I am like, oh shit what are you talking about?

Bam. Dead. I come back and he is hugging this damn tent screaming about how his child is saved. He glares at me and walks away..

0 0 0
Cidero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Haha...

Ya know... Ug did the same thing to my character! He was one hell of a shaman... He would just love torturing me! I held my own if I was ready for it, but if I wasnt he would just rock me beyond belief... I know the feeling man... I had a great character, but Shamans would just rock me so badly.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: