Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

Linkdrop Lameness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Think you should be able to pk linkdead assholes who attack and then linkdrop?
Yes, lettem burn!!!!
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No, I'm one of these guys that does that.
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Linkdrop Lameness

I think this should get fixed. Some moron just attacked me, outta the blue.. then I found out later that he worded, he ran, hid and then dropped link while sleeping. I eventually found him after he attacked me but When I tried to murder his ass, it said Dipshit is lost. (dipshit will remain anon) I think not only should you be able to kill linkdead lameasses like that, but they should get exp taken away, plus a con point as well, as well as when they finally get their equipment back from me full looting their corpse, their pants explode on fire and they die again. ( you could probably code that in so that once every slot is full for eq that happens hahahaahaahaa)

But seriously If you just made it so that linkdead lameasses that wanna attack and run off and drop link get attacked and can get killed that'd be fine with me. Code it in so that when they drop link, the level of adrenaline going through their system freezes at that point and won't go down until they relink again, that way if they wanna attack and run off and then drop link while adrenalined, they can get killed for being stupid. It'd also save those people who aren't being aggressive assholes and are just standing in a room one moment, and then boom they lose link. If they didn't just attack someone then they're fine so people who ligit lose link won't have to suffer for a shitty comp/internet connection.

Ideas? Comments?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject:

They're already unprotected until adrenaline wears off, which means that by the time you found him linkdead, he'd have already been able to quit. This takes a considerable amount of time.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject:

Ah. So normally you can attack someone that does that?
... still... seems like he wanted to worm his way out.. I think the adrenaline should still stick while linkdead.... *grumble grumble*

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject:

Yes.. think you get about 10 minutes of being unprotected because of adrenaline, and I think 15 total before you void, its been awhile since that mattered.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:12 am

Do you ever sleep man?!

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

I'm really really really fighting the urge to let mr. Asshole out.. but.. some.. people ... make it soooo.... hard....... I'll just let you do the detective work Stephen

Quote:
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:26 am

... I hope you and sherlock get together and figure this one out Stephen.. I really really hope you do buddy.

P.s. No problem Dav. You don't have to waste time to point out the obvious for him.

P.p.s. You owe me one Dav. heh Just kidding ... OR AM I??!!! Shocked

0 0 0
Jamus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject:

That actually happened to me today, too. I almost killed the guy, he went linkdead, came back later after quiting and put me to sleep, blinded, cursed, plagued... yeah. I got totally rocked. It was actually pretty funny.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

Uh. The times wrong on the forum, probably. Adjust your personal timezone settings.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Hey Remmy, don't hold back on my behalf. You know how much I love your better side.

I'm in Australia, it was like 2PM when I posted.

Oh, and on topic, someone attacked me, I killed them, and they straight away dropped link.

Kinda pissed me off because it makes them look a bit trashy in some way, like they don't even want their corpse goods.

Still, it's better than deleting, I guess.

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

them dropping link means you get to kill them again. shrug

0 0 0
Kessor Natul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Remmenon wrote:
.. I think the adrenaline should still stick while linkdead....
Yeah, they should keep the same adrenaline til they login again if they drop that on someone... I had that happen, too... died from it... Evil or Very Mad

0 0 0
Ronus
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

While in this situation it looks like the guy cut link intentionally (that is, if he was in some remote area in the corner and not like...say...city center of timaran), this isn't always the case. Also consider the times when someone's connection drops, or their power goes out, or their computer crashes. The mud can not tell when you intentionally cut link, or when something unpredictable like a power outtage cuts your link. I've been on both ends of the stick, some people will take any advantage to kill anyone they can, and others will respect the person behind the character and wait until you return. Either way, the system we have now is about as good as its going to ever get with this regard...so be like 50 Cent and continue "patiently waiting..."

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Just remember: According to Kalist, its all natural. Kalist has never, ever died in a pk. He somehow always loses link as he is having his ass handed to him. Its always the link problem.

Kalist says 'I lost link! Thats the only reason I died!'

Yes Kalist, its been 3 years, but I still love to bug you about it!

Mwahahaha

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

All names aside, I was the one who dropped link and it was intentional. Though I could give a rats ass what you think, I will explain the situation and let you judge as you no doubt will.

I was at my fiance's work, where there is a wireless connection for my laptop. Now, I usually help her close the store up (a little coffee/gift shop) and I had finished doing what I was allowed to do so I decided to get on and rank up a bit. Unfortunatly she was harrassing me to get off as it was close to time for us to leave. I had already attacked you and since you had taken off I decided to say fuck it and go ahead and drop link. If you found me and summarily killed me, props to you for finding me quick enough and if not I would have quit out already. Besides even this, if you had wandered into the area I would have just worded and wandered away a bit and quit out.

I repeat myself. This is simply a statement of fact. I couldn't give a shit what you think about my going link dead. Simply deal with it and know you and I will have some fun in the future.

(LOL Besides, the connection in that place is horrible. The connection was dodging in and out while we were ranking.)

Last edited by Flying Hampster of Doom on Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject:

No Res, when talking about the fight between Ugula and Resatimm it's not 'That's the only reason I died!' it's 'That's the only reason you won and I died'. Fucker with no hp no sanc left while I have 200 lots of purples and link drops. Mother fucker!

Anyway I am a firm believer that Real life > AR. This means there are going to be times when you unexpectedly have to drop link. This happens to almost everyone at one point or another. You could be in a fight and then gf says 'shit baby is coming' then you have to run her to hospital. Or you could be fighting and gf says 'lets have sex' or maybe a buddy could arrive with beer. In any of these scenarios it would suck to be punished for picking real life. Like dav said, you already have 10 mins to cheese them. If you can't find them in 10 mins you wern't going to find them before they quit anyways.

0 0 0
Remmenon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject:

Yah Fair enough Kalist hah. Anyways flying hamster. laterz.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject:

There are two sides to this argument

One is that people will drop link to avoid PK

Two is that, motherfuckers will PK people who are linkdead for easy kills.

Your reputation has placed you in the latter. I'm fairly certain that the Imms have implemneted measures that make it that dropping link is not a viable alternative to quitting out. In fact, I'm 98% certain that you can't drop link to avoid PK if you have adrenaline that would keep you from quitting out in the first place.

In other words, you have no place to whine. Those linkdead people you're trying to PK could've just quit out anyways. So STFU. If it takes you 15 minutes to track down a linkdead person, you suck anyways.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:

Off-topic but that is a hilarious avatar.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject:

That is an AWESOME avatar, how did you get it? tell me, tell me, tell me!!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: