Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 10 hours.

loosing eq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: loosing eq

i sign out like i should every time and sign on at a later time and find myself missing some eq or finding that all my eq that i was wearing when i signed off is now being held in my inventory. throughout my travels i have lost items like obsidian helmet, effiegy of timid phantoms and the great axe of mahn-tor, just to list a few of them and i want to know what is going on.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

A couple possibilities:

Maybe its that someone knows your password, and is playing your character without you knowing. Have you confined your password to somebody, anybody at all, who might know who you play? If this is the case, then there is a good chance - no matter how much you trust that person - that they are having a little fun with your character at your expense. The behaviour you noted, equipment mysteriously finding its way into your inventory, makes this explanation seem possible. This'd be the case if they died and retrieved from corpse without wearing the items. Make sure that nobody else knows your passwords.

Another possibility, and this guess is based on the items you mentioned you lost. Rare items, as they are called, exist in finite number, and if a player does not play enough hours per month, he will lose those items, they'll vanish completely from his worn slots and/or inventory. Another possibility here is leaving the realms with too many rares in inventory. The formula is level/10 -1, any more than that, and you will lose the items when you quit.

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

no i am talking about signing off and back on the next day, i play AR on a regular basis. and no i confine my passwords to no one.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

When you "sign off" are you using the QUIT command, or are you just clicking the X to close your client?

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Something similar I noted.

I had two rares in my inventory, level in the 30s, and was wielding the thin-bladed axe.

When I typed quit I saw (similar):

You have escaped the Abandoned Realms.
The thin-bladed axe is too heavy for you to wield.

There is nothing at ALL that would affect my strength (especially not upon quit). So, I logged back on the next day, assuming something WIERD happened, and the axe would have dropped to my inventory, thus giving me too many rares and I would lose one.

It was still wielded and no rares had vanished (whew!).

It's just something odd I noted.. Let me know if you need more detail, though I don't have a log, I'm sorry.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:

As you exit the game, and your character gradually stretches out and unravels into something infinitely incomprehensible, your items leave the realms just before you do. What you saw is what happens when you're relying on +strength equipment to hold up your axe, and that equipment loses all meaning before the axe does.

0 0 0
Reken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

i log out using the save than using the quit commands and this happens

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: