Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 15 hours.

Teleportation death details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Teleportation death details

I assume that death by teleportation applies to any means used to invoke the spell (learned spell, item)... I've read, ON THE INTERNET, that death by teleport scatters your items around in Winter, effectively stripping yourself naked.

What is the relative frequency of these deaths? What additional conditions, if any, are required to trigger the chance for a death while teleporting? What other transport spells/skills have a chance for such a death?

0 0 0
Davor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I have trouble comprehending just what you are asking about teleport spell so I'll try to nail it as a whole.

Teleport - randomly transfers you to another place/room in Thera. It can be two rooms away or to another side of the World.

Before venturing further we'll clearly state that this is quite interesting and unique spell.

It comes in form of spell and potion, likely there are other items that grant it but I never used them so I'll not guess here).
It's form though does not alter its affect. There is sideaffect of teleport in form of certain "casting lag" meaning that for a set time you cannot teleport again, or word and such. (I believe 1 tick, might be some other value). Obviously such sideaffect can prove quite fatal when you luckly materialise in room with six grim thiefs.

As this spell is completely random there is no way to bring about bigger chance of teleport death, except maybe... using the spell more often...

To be used:
1. In desparate situations. Most vet players keep at least few purple spotted pills as last resort. (You are out of moves, near dead and hounds at your heels).

2. You are dead bored. This requires no explanation whatsoever.

Upon unlucky teleport resulting in death your wares are strewn all over Winter for lucky adventurers to freely pick up off the ground (Oh look! A black tear helm!!!), and ofcourse that leaves you stark naked.

You can tell that someone met this dark fate when you get that echo (Wrenching of intestings... bla bla another poor soul... something)

No other spell results in this unfortunate and quite harsh mishap.

All this makes teleport spell a double-edged blade to be wielded by those brave or foolish enough.

(Shilenth managed few lucky escapes due to this spell, then at one occasion he got the chance to meet lovely Shendun in person)

Hope it helps.

Davor

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Bah, forgot about the off-MUD help files on the web page.

Which, by the way, break horribly on the entries with a space in the name of the help file... but that could be due to some whackiness in the perl-based obfuscation proxy I'm using, so if it "Weapon Ward" works fine for everyone else, I'll just keep manually replacing the spaces with "%20". :P Because I'm an evil URI hacker.

I fail to see how the last paragraph of the original post could cause confusion...

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

If you teleport into a room full of aggro's, and they kill you, your shit gets scattered in winter, yeah.(try holding a recall in one hand before you teleport)

0 0 0
Brains

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Ah, very informative: it's not a random additional death, but if you die after a teleport to aggro mobs, THEN that new special effect occurs? Thanks.

0 0 0
Froggie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject:

By my understanding thus far... If you die "in the room" you teleport to your intestines are... yadda yadda... So if I teleport from SS to say NS and am engaged or engage another actual player.. and die. My stuff will be strewn about THera? Leaving nothing for the taking?

And does that include your gold being thrown in some room for a lucky taker.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject:

if you're affected by the teleport spell still.

0 0 0
sissuris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: yea

If you look under your affects, Im not sure of the duration, but after you teleport, you are affected by the teleport spell. And under that spell if you die to any mob(aggro or not) than a loud clatter is heard as another unfortunate soul is torn asunder. And all his shit is spread over winter

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: