Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 2 hours.

Tracking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Tracking

It's my first character, and although I am decent in combat and can run pretty well (thanks to months of watching my brother play), I couldn't track for my life. Yesterday I had Sazhar at awful condition 3 times, and I couldn't finish him. He wasn't even hiding. I would like some advice... Embarassed

0 0 0
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Now imagine this Elaedon, its actualy much EASIER to track than it was about 6 months ago. And I mean a TON.

The only advice to give is just practice practice practice.

0 0 0
Ronus
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

There is no quick way to teach this. There aren't really any "tricks" either. Its just one of those things that you'll notice yourself getting better at as time passes. The best advise I can give is:
~ Learn the areas. If you can learn to count how many rooms are between paths that are most commonly travelled, thats a good start. Once you can run around pretty effortlessly without hitting walls, you're set-up to stay on someone's heels who runs fast.
~ Next will be to learn room names of the areas. You'd be surprised how many vets run to the sewers and sleep to full health while someone tries to find them.
~ Use the minimap command to help find the "P" in areas you aren't familiar with.

Eventually, you'll notice that with a combination of the above, you'll be able to keep close behind everyone who tries to run away, and now all you need is to get in the same room as them. One thing you can do is remember to fly or load up on moves and keep tracking them until they run out of moves. As more time passes, you'll find yourself anticipating people's moves and escape routes (e.g. someone tries to run out of east gate from south main street, you can cut them off going east of SS and north on the dangerous alley, then sit at the eastern monument spamming murder). This anticipation comes only from experience, and it becomes instinctive.

Now, if you do loose track of your prey because they are very good at running, this is where you'll have to start using your head. Instead of systematically searching the realms through every area, try to remember common hiding places that you have seen this person use, or even places that "if I were him, where would I hide". One example is you'll see a lot of good aligned characters run to solace when they are hurt.

But ultimately, experience is what will teach you instinct. You can learn the layout yourself, but the rest will only come from chasing and chasing and chasing.

Atleast you're not the one running, so you have to feel good about that.

Good luck.

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the help, Ronus.
Thanks for making me feel bad, crazyhorse... Embarassed

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: