Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 10 hours.

The Illithid Illusionist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: The Illithid Illusionist

Hello all,

I've grown a bit bored of my current primary character. There's not much to do, not many to rank with and the wait to just become a page is taking forever. So I think I'm going to start out on a new char.

In any case, I'm thinking Illithid Illusionist. I've almost no knowledge of the race or the class, and was thinking it'd be a fun class to try. If I got into it I could even start playing it primarily.

*So my question is, can anyone help me by giving me some hints/tips/advice on gameplay, PvE, PvP. Any and all information would be great, from anyone who cares to share. I'd like this to be the character I PvP with the most. Thanks in advance.

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Illithid Illusionist

Illthid - racial weakness to slashing weapons which is very nasty indeed
- Resistant to bash and cant be harmed by lightning or shock weapons
- have the SHOCK abilty which is fantastic (instead of dieing when you hit 0 hp's you convert your mana into hp's enabling you to run) this means you can reasonably safely stay in a fight longer than anybody else.
- Very good stats for a mage

I'd say a good choice if you intend to get to 50, otherwise your going to have a very hard time with the slash weakness due to the high availability of slashing weapons and your lack of health in the lower ranks.

Illusionist - Hit and run class - probably the class who can deal the most damage the quickest.

Things to note - a good knowledge of mobs is required to play them effectively, since you live and die by your illusions - need to know what mobs to make illusions from and what sort is most appropriate for your target. This can be learnt from trial and error of course but may be tricky to start of with.

Extremely effective offensive spells - dispel magic, misdirection (a real killer), terrain, color spray, etc.

Best transport spell in the game - Gate.

Disadvantages - limited time to go on the offensive due to illusions fading - poor defensively.

Illusionists are potentially lethal and very scary - fairly advanced class i'd say and require a certain amount of experience and knowledge to do well with.

Best of luck with it.

0 0 0
gr8mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to see a 50 illithid kicking ass. purples are your best friend. forget very good, its best stats for a mage. illithid helpfile for roleplay ideas. i find it hilarious that theyre supposed to be physically very weak but theyre stronger than elf or drow races since they use their mind and have no muscles at all at least thats what is implied. cone of force and leech special race skills.

0 0 0
Gygh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Illithids have high wisdom and intelligence- meaning you get more practices to go towards trains. Use your trains hps, you won't ever need to train mana as an illithid illusionis.

http://www.invokation.net/logs/view.php?id=647

From an old log of mine. An illithid charecter who I put all of my trains into mana (I wanted to see what would happen).

Slow: screws you over dex and attacks per round wise, but give you massive regeneration.

Haste: gives you better dex and more attacks per round, but screws you in regen and food.

Shrink: weaker con, weaker strength, smaller- meaning you're weaker to bash, but more resistant to trip (hmm, no scrolls of flying? use shrink).

Enlarge: stronger con/strength, larger size- resist bashing better but weaker to trip.

Mirror image: Mirror images of you, kind of explains itself. Note: Mirror images are neutral- meaning that they won't have a red or gold aura if anyone uses detect good/evil.

Phantasmal Griffon/dragon/illusionary spectre: Good attacks and damage, but you can only use it once in a fight.

Colour/prismatic spray: Good damage, chance to do different effects (ie. slow, shrink, blind, curse, poison, etc.)

0 0 0
Elaedon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

I hate illithids, don't expect me to be nice to you Wink

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:

illithids are resistance to bash attacks.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: