Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 9 hours.

The Heralds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: The Heralds.

The heralds...Are hoarders. And I am quite sick of it. You NEVER see a herald runnin around naked. Or at least not for very long. I personaly think that being a wandering scribe they should think that sparkling equipment would in fact distract people from their story/make them a target in a battle which they dont wanna be in. They should be nude...and remain nude. Im quite tired of seein spalino the bard decked out in nutcase shit and some healer that doesnt even try to fight have better wares than me. A plague on both their houses.

Now for all you people that are gonna say oh go cry someplace else or some other dmb ass comment...IM actualy not crying...This post is not in anger, or in selfishness. I just think that if they dont use em...fuck em. If you catch my drift.

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject:

You want to make them naked, I don't think that's right. They need eq, they work, they do shit, they get eq and they aren't just regular adventurers neither. Sure, they probably don't need eq. But nothing says you can't attack them either. They aren't a warlike cabal, but I betcha no one's said, you can't go pk such and such herald. Legions, wanna spread fear, kill a herald, spread your word. Knights, wanna spear light, help a herald, kill an evil herald, spread your word. Immortals say you can't attack HERALDS, implying cabal (heralds aren't warlike), not a herald. It says Heralds aren't aggressive by nature, doesn't mean they don't meet people like it. But also says heralds need to stick up for each other, so expect the worst in return and don't go bitching to your cabal leader about blah blah blah heralds ganged me.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject:

well a very long time ago with my legion character, i would attack the heralds and i was told once by an immortal to tone down/stop killing them. i dont think they would say that to me now unless i was in a cabal and attempting to incite a war with heralds.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject:

heralds shouldnt be naked, but i shouldnt be seeing a fully decked out herald.......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject:

If a herald aint decked...he dont get killed. No one would kill a herald just cuz they can...Because the only herald I know that can somewhat pk is clifton...Not sharing any names...And hes pretty decent at it...But a herald aint gonna pk. I personaly think that if a herald was attacked he would say hey...this dude just attacked me...Get him off of me? Or hire someone to do the dirty work...Or maybeheralds SHOULD be protected. But that wouldnt stop them from hoarding. I cant think of a way to prevent hoarding...But I dont think you should have stuff the pkers could use if your not gonna use it.

0 0 0
Matthais

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I have to agree with the mullet here. equipment is hard enough to find as it is. No need to hoarde it and have it psuedo protected from higher powers.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The only way I can think of to stop the Heralds from "hoarding" as you call it is to guarantee that they won't be attacked.

If the IMMs decided to set it so that at 50 a Herald lost the ability to PK or be PKed, then yeah, we could all quit wearing rares. However, I see that as something that a) probably won't happen, and b) would discourage new players from wanting to join Heralds somewhat.

I've heard complaints on both sides of the coin about this one: some people complaining that certain Heralds are too aggressive, some people saying that we don't need all the extra equipment, etc... but then there are several cabals (read: all of them) that ask Heralds to help rank their younger members, go on Winter trips, etc.

Heralds are supposed to report on things that happen throughout the realm. Cabal member inductions/deaths, great battles, rumors, funny stories/conversations, Immortal interaction, anything "newsworthy" and important or interesting enough to be recorded in history. When we're able to become targets, however, it's a bit unnerving to say "Sure, I'll travel to Winter in my red dragon armor and adamantite mace."

Quote:
No one would kill a herald just cuz they can...

Mullet, buddy... I hope you meant that as a joke. Unfortunately, it's completely wrong. There are those people that know that Heralds aren't an aggressive cabal and usually don't PK that well that think "Hmmm, there's a healer, a shaman and a Herald in my PK range... yeah, I think I'll go kill the Herald." Certain members of the cabal have tried to "get that image out of people's heads," but like I said earlier, people start complaining that "Heralds aren't supposed to start fights" or something similar.

I read the Guiding Principles damn near every day, people. I know what we're "not supposed to do." Granted, a couple members do possibly start a few too many fights, but the majority (if not all) of them have a reason in the background, i.e. - someone attacked one of our other members the day before, they attacked the cabal, etc. Until there's a way to 'stop' Heralds from being PK bait however (yes, I've heard people refer to the cabal that way... hell, even some of the Immortals feel that way), I don't think it's fair to say that they should all give up their rare equipment just because you want it.

I don't see the IMMs/IMPs wanting to make such a drastic change as making Heralds non-PKable. That's one step away from Immortalhood, plus there'd be no way to control whether or not they could use/wear rares then... unless they could code it so that Heralds couldn't pick up or wear rare/unique equipment anymore. Even in that case you're gonna end up making Heralds a cabal that nobody wants to be a part of.

I'm just throwing some thoughts out there. If anybody else has any suggestions/comments, I'd gladly welcome the discussion.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject:

you're absolutely right, the point of ar is to have fun. i think wayyy to many people complain and are quick to wail about this or that and send notes to immortals and biatch on the forum. the point again, is to have fun.

i don't know about you but i wouldn't make a herald to just rp all the time. i wouldn't make a warlord just to duel and never kill. i wouldn't make a justice to watch town and neuter myself and never pk anyone. i wouldn't make a legion if i was going to be held back from internal power struggles. i wouldn't make a knight and be expected to give legions back all their eq to prove my honor. that would destroy the purpose of why i play this game.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject:

HELP PK wrote:

The most powerful objects in the game (rare and unique items) have a finite number, so you'll have to trade with, steal from, or kill other players for them.

0 0 0
George

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I'll say this on behalf of Spalino, he works for his equipment. He has beat many of his opponents and has had pretty much the same equipment for awhile now. He is also an active player. I agree that we should kill hoarders, but Spalino isn't a hoarder. I'm not saying that anyone called him that, his name was just mentioned in the first post about him having good equipment.

0 0 0
Spalino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject:

Ya what george said. Ya I have nice eq sure thing its badass but I do fight people. I am restricted as a class to pk with no reason true but I duel more then just about anyone. I've won against most of the warlords and fought them more then once. I also get attack on a pretty regular basis, Kragon attacks me now and then and the undead are always getting their ass kicked by me. Just the other day there was a bout between me and thibeus against britck and kragon, which we won. That proves two points. Number 1 that we aren't pussies and number two that we do fight and can fight well. The eq I've obtained is from battles as well as winter groups. It's not my fault people need bards in winter. What am I supposed to do when they offer me an uber rare, say "No thanks I'm a herald I need to be nakey" fuck that lol no one in their right mind would turn it down. I waged war on justices for awhile as well and I was told to simmer it down too. Jagure also fought consistanly and was told not to pk as much. Just because you don't see me naked everyday doesn't mean that I dont fight it just means that I dont die. As for being a horder, I dont really think bettering myself is being a hoarder. All I carry is what I need I dont grab rares just to have em everything I have I use may it be my regular eq or my mage eq. As Dav pointed out you have to kill people, steal it, or trade for rares it isn't just about making winter runs when theres a reboot. Just because you can't kill us in excess doesn't mean you can't attack us every now and then. I'm not one bit afraid to fight, if you want my eq go on ahead and attack me, I ain't some two bit nub who doesn't know down from up you shouldn't feel bad about attacking me because its not going to be a turkey shoot.

As for your RP comment about us not supposed to be running around in pretty clothes because it distracts us I say to hell with that. Have you ever seen or heard of a bard jester story-teller etc. in history that wasn't wearing flashy clothing? Wearing nice clothes is part of our glit and glammor it makes us look like we've done something with our lives not just sat at the bar and heard stories, but actually gone out there and LIVED them.

Alrighty there was my two cents gimme my damn gumball and if I missed something or you have another comment about it feel free to post it and I'll discuss it.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: