Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 16 hours.

This topic is awaiting validation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Severs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: This topic is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

We usually don't announce when we bust people for breaking rules. We know we're not catching everything, so punishments are severe on people that are caught i.e. slays with full loots, deletions, bans, or whatever it takes to make the player adjust that behaviour. We keep turning the heat up on them til they stop doing it, or just go too far and get banned for a very long time.

If you have some evidence of people using multiple characters to hunt the same player with, put it here, and we'll check it out. If we can verify, then the player is guilty of multiplaying, and that's a very serious offence, especially from a "vet". I'd guess it ends in a pretty long siteban when their past gets accounted for.

As for the "easy kills", there is a survival guide in newbie q/a if you're looking for some help staying alive - things like invis elixirs, recalling to a different town (e.g. Timaran) works well even vs vets because movement is too limited for the chasing. See also HELP TIPS in game. I don't think you will find a vet here who isn't willing to give you some advice to avoid being an easy kill for opportunist pk'ers. Sleeping up in front of guild in town is an example of giving pk'ers a good opportunity, you're better off laying low somewhere else til the guild is ready to let you in. That kind of thing being a dangerous thing to do is a part of the game in particular - its not really a vet vs newb issue.

p.s. I did notice a surge in rule-breaking vs newbs over the past week, that's why I've visible as much as I can today, to deter people and to give you guys a chance to talk to me on the mud about it if you need to.

0 0 0
Severs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Ronus
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I will let the IMP's deal with the multi-character issue at hand. But you should know that when he says "afk kill you" he is talking about you being afk, and not him. He is saying that he killed you while you were afk, you repoped at the temple and he killed you again, and probably again once more before you realized what had happened.

The real question at hand is whether or not he is killing you with multiple characters because its an easy kill, or if there is a valid RP reason behind the kills. Also, I don't suppose you did a /whois on that person's name in order to record their IP?

Also, you should know that because #spoon is an unofficial chat room, that a likely punishment resulting from your snippet is unlikely. However, you can probably expect a real tight leash put around that person and if it happens again they will get caught.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

That guy was slain a couple days ago for multikilling. Most likely it was the same incident. We'll be sure to check if he's also attacked your guy with multiple characters, might just be big talk.

0 0 0
Severs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

Anything you can send in might be of some help, but the best you can do to expedite the process is probably give us the date and time (use the in-game TIME command) to help us track down the incident. Once we know when something occured, we can investigate very quickly whether there's been foul play. The alternative is sieving through daily server logs trying to find the incident, which is a laborious process, especially if the incident's been a few days past.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: