Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 20 hours.

Disarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Disarm when to do it?
Disarm, whats that?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Disarm after blinded.
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
disarm no matter what.
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
If they aren't hitting you or parrying anything, why bother?
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

Vertas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Disarm

Okay here we go, heres my opinion, for some people disarming doesn't matter, like for peopel who can't hit like healers. I dueled one the other day, he parried nothing and didn't hit me once excpet for dispel undead. So what would be the point in wasting a round or two disarming them when you could be fleeing and waiting out their sanc/fly/protective shield?

Its all about tactics and I do know what I'm doing now that I've finally figured out some decent tactics. Oh and with some luck.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject:

Disarm has quite a variety of uses, even against someone like a healer who doesnt hit you much.
First, you can take their weapon, if its nice and you can hold it.
If you cant hold the weapon, and you sac a nice one, odds are they'll get pissed at you, which means they are more likely to fight aggressively and make mistakes. Nothing will encourage a healer to stay in a fight and try to finish you off than saccing a sceptre of light or something.
Parry is the one defense that every class gets--disarm their weapon and they don't parry anymore. There are some good logs on Arshit where disarming even a mage comes in handy--if you're a warrior fighting an illusionist and you time a disarm right after they try to cast a spell or something, you get a full round of attacks with them having no defenses.
If you're fighting another warrior type and they miss an instigating dirt kick, a disarm can fuck them up royally--I would rather have two rounds fighting someone missing a weapon than two rounds having them dirted.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject:

Okay first of all it's a duel, second of all they weren't parrying, third of all I'm a Warlord now, that means I probably shouldn't fight cheap, sacing weapons grabbing them... Oh and ever try disarming a fire giant? Yeah it doesn't help.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
marsd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I doubt a fire giant has better disarm than anyone else, or is tougher to get disarmed. Anyways, even if you're a warlord, di;disarm and shamans will have to flee and you'll get a free round in if you camp by their weapons. They'll be spamming get weapon;wear weapon and such. Good luck on being warlord, lol.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Fire giants dodge is not great because of their low dex, while their parrying will usually be pretty good b/c of high hitrolls. Thus, disarming them does help quite a bit.
Just because you cant take/destroy the weapon doesnt make the disarm useless--once again, getting any rounds of attacks in with your opponent missing a weapon, even if its only one, is good.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling I know who you are now, a disarm while blinded is definitely the way to go or a disarm after a missed dirt kick. I still think dexterity should have a lot more to do with disarming. Like a Fire giant (or giant in general) should disarm better with an axe than a whip and a Halfling should be able to disarm with a whip better than an axe. Not that I have a problem with the way it is now, but just thinking. (Hopefully I don't get zapped by Burzuk)

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Well strength ought to be good for something besides just more damroll. Some key warrior skills are a good place for it to count, seeing as strength is warriors prime stat.

If you want dex to matter a lot, try a thief.

0 0 0
Amdorin

Location: No matter how much a failure, no life is worthless. You can always serve as a bad example.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, tell that to Rylek. Laughing

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Well I never said I liked decked halfling warriors beating ass on giants. Shrug, some imms seem to see the funny side of that though. But eventually there'll be some corrections made to that problem, and low strength will be more meaningful than just "can't wield club".

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Okay here we go, heres my opinion, for some people disarming doesn't matter, like for peopel who can't hit like healers.

this seems like a relatively general statement to me, so in essence in general I would have to agree with the consesus of the replies. It is a good idea to disarm in given situations. Dirt a healer, disarm sit at his or her weapon and wait for them to return to grab it, dirt again and go to town.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
Quote:
Okay here we go, heres my opinion, for some people disarming doesn't matter, like for peopel who can't hit like healers.

this seems like a relatively general statement to me, so in essence in general I would have to agree with the consesus of the replies. It is a good idea to disarm in given situations. Dirt a healer, disarm sit at his or her weapon and wait for them to return to grab it, dirt again and go to town.

That's the kind of answer I've been looking for thanks.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: