Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 5 hours.

Cabal Warfare Guidelines Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Cabal Warfare Guidelines Suggestion

This topic has been hot and heavy lately with the emphasis on gang bangs, no shows, alleged inept immortals and legion scrubs. I think my system will offer something to all the detractors of the current system.

For illustration purposes I will be using the Knights Cabal and the Legion Cabal as examples. They will also be ranked and the syntax will be K1, K2, K3 etc.

1 K1 ver. 1 L1 - perfectly legal
1 K1 ver. 1L2 - K1 may initiate attack on L2 but not vice versa, L2 can raid guardian and K1 may assist. If k1 already holds Legion item then K2 may initiate any type of offense.
2 K1 ver. 1L2 - 2K1 may initiate offense and L2 may as well. All offenses legal.
3K1 ver 1L2 - 2K1 may initiate offense and 3K1 may initiate raid. L2 may initiate all.

Substitute any K2 for K1 slot if the Legion is rank 3.

If Knight or Legion is rank 4 or above, then all offenses are legal and encouraged.

The basis of this system is to encourage lower ranks to fight without fear of high rank gang bang retribution. This will also serve as a way to weed out the scrubs.

Let me know what you guys think.

0 0 0
_Clifton_
Emissary

Location: your and you're are not the same. they're, there, and their are not the same. learn to english.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject:

One generally doesn't know legion ranks.

Also, enforcing the constraints will be really hard.

I think if people adopt a payback in kind mentality, thinks would just work themselves out.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Knights' ranks are posted with their title but nobody else's are so you're either stuck asking the other person "hey what cabal rank are you?" (in which Legion would just lie anyway and come gank you) or you're getting the information from an OOC source (discouraged).

I think what it boils down to is that people overall need to stop whining about every attack. If you join a cabal, expect to get pummeled - especially when the other cabal has more members, hours and pinnacled members than yours does. If you *willingly* (and that's all there is, since nobody's forced to join) apply to and join a cabal, you should expect to get attacked, harassed and killed every time you log in. There's almost always a valid reason for damn near every member of every cabal to have a grudge or guidelines-based reason to attack and kill damn near every member of other cabals, and you have to accept that reality when you apply or the bitching and whining is going to continue.

Maybe as part of the desensitizing for cabal characters, they should be forced by the cabal immortal to remove all their gold from the bank (if they have any), give it all to the immortal, and have themselves slain and all their equipment taken when they're inducted. Then they can start completely from scratch and not be as worried or start flipping out when they get attacked in a 2v1.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Vhrael. If you're in a cabal, expect to die every time you log in, potentially by lopsided gangbang. If it ends up that you don't die, rejoice for having your expectations exceeded.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject:

I have an idea too. My idea is for people to rub the sand out of their vaginas, put on some man pants, and play the fucking game. AR is a dangerous game, not barbie-adventure-playhouse.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject:

it isn't? damn. Shocked

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject:

That cuts two ways Kalist. Gangbanging someone under fifty just to see if you can force them to delete is pretty much a pussy move. There is a reason for the rules and they should be enforced.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject:

It's up to the judgement of each cabal leader how loose of a leash they hold their underlings on. If cabal guys are gangbanging then that reflects upon leadership. If non-cabal are gangbanging, well....that's just something you have to deal with. I don't know how good of an idea it is to hard-code in pk protection other than the normal pk range..

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject:

Faelon wrote:
That cuts two ways Kalist. Gangbanging someone under fifty just to see if you can force them to delete is pretty much a pussy move. There is a reason for the rules and they should be enforced.

Is that what knights were doing when they camped the legion path and sent one to attack the guard? Shocked

I thought virtues were things like an even fair fight. lol.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject:

Everything is logged these days so it wouldn't be hard to enforce this at all. I was thinking Legion would show all the ranks too. After all, the eliteness and stealthy factor are all but gone anyways. At least this is a way to encourage low level fighting without incurring a massive higher level gang bang.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject:

Or we could have a Keeper cabal to assault the strongest cabals, and not have other cabals having to worry about more politics than they already do. Gangbanging is a part of the game and rules won't stop it.

0 0 0
Mandor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Or we could have a Keeper cabal to assault the strongest cabals, and not have other cabals having to worry about more politics than they already do. Gangbanging is a part of the game and rules won't stop it.

Id hope not, gangbanging is a viable alternative to level disadvantage, gear disadvantage, and skill disadvantage.

0 0 0
rabidgecko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Mandor. When someone skilled gets pimped out, the only two ways to bring them down to earth are gangbang and jeoparty

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject:

rabidgecko wrote:
When someone skilled gets pimped out, the only two ways to bring them down to earth are gangbang and jeoparty

There's a third way: a well-placed ASSASSINATE.

The thing here is that good players are going to get back up from a full-loot anyway. You take their uber gear, and they'll either bring you back down themselves, or they'll get their caballed buddies to take you out (assuming there's a proper flag, etc.), or they'll just build back up item by item and eventually kill you for the stuff you took. Items don't *MAKE* the player great; they only enhance the skills of an already decent player/character combo.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject:

rabidgecko wrote:
I agree with Mandor. When someone skilled gets pimped out, the only two ways to bring them down to earth are gangbang and jeoparty

haha... Freaking Jeo.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: