Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 6 hours.

quick wield/quick draw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: quick wield/quick draw

has anyone ever mastered or even got a skill incress in those skills? and if so how is it done

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject:

this info might be outdated, dav will chime in I'm sure if it is.

basically the skill is bugged/broken. quick wield works at 100% and does not raise past 75%.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Ideally I would like the game to keep you in combat for 5-10 seconds after you actually break off with flee, so that this skill would have more meaning ... I was hoping it would make battle more psychological, as opposed to just kill/flee/switch-engages replacing the switch/hobbles. I am not fond of undressing, eating, or drinking, in the middle of combat, and that goes double for all of the non-combat skills I can think of that work fine the moment you flee (e.g. hide). Potion and changing weapons fine. But that would be a big change. Quick wielddraw right now is just already doing what it would be doing if you'd had to train it to 100%.

0 0 0
RebornShadows

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ok thanks

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject:

what about a flee lag. when you flee, if you choose to word/switch weapons, etc. for a round or two afterwards you'll incur the same lag pentalties as if you were in combat doing it. This way either you're in combat or you're running away but not just flee/switching and puts just a little more risk on casters just wording away. Potions, wands, etc. could be exempt from this. just a thought.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Yes thats basically what I drew out Erlwith - having the in-combat penalty for a few rounds after fleeing. It would also serve the purpose of cutting down on yell spams, but mainly to properly penalize tools like ninja vanish which has been absurdly good for years already. (Before you go freak out about me wanting to nurf ninja vanish, consider how good youve already had it for so long with that ..okay) I dont like flee either as a "gotcha" or "LAWL IM GONE" kinda move because that encourages us to just buff bash instead of worrying about the amount of movement points everyones been getting, and overall looks a bit cheesy.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Your proficiency at quick wield is 76%.

I got that one time for switching weapons while in combat

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I've mastered quick wield. It was fairly simple. Switching weapons or adding weapons/items into your hands, during combat, moves up really fast. Surge or reward it!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: