Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 3 hours.

Invoker feedback thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dispater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Yeah we will require vulns to go through barrier, hopefully including weapons that do material vulns (this is a bit harder). This should be in balance because the big vuln races have insane mana pools (due to compensatory mage stats) which is what I think you are getting screwed over by with this gnome invoker point. Wouldn't make barrier worthless but blocking a vuln is really stretching it. I am pretty sure that disease damage goes through mana shield on avian invokers, and I wanted vulns to go th rough barrier the same. Once we have that in place we can wait for human invokers and start worrying about the mana reduction coefficient.

While the material vulns royally screwed up Elf and Drow invokers, i think barrier was a good spell to add to them. And i think it should keep blocking the vuln, just deplete the mana MUCH faster when getting hit on the soft spot.
That way, barrier would be more strategial spell to use, in crucial moments to turn the tables for an example.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject:

It already does. Mana drained from hits is proportional to damage avoided.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
Yeah we will require vulns to go through barrier, hopefully including weapons that do material vulns (this is a bit harder). This should be in balance because the big vuln races have insane mana pools (due to compensatory mage stats) which is what I think you are getting screwed over by with this gnome invoker point. Wouldn't make barrier worthless but blocking a vuln is really stretching it. I am pretty sure that disease damage goes through mana shield on avian invokers, and I wanted vulns to go th rough barrier the same. Once we have that in place we can wait for human invokers and start worrying about the mana reduction coefficient.

Do vulns go through manashield? Why would they go through barrier? The damage you receive is proportionate to the mana you lose. Besides that crappy log I see no valid issues with barrier.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject:

I would rather have vulns go through both of them because this is the wrong idea. Vulns are to balance out races with generous stats, so don't want spells/items that remove them.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject:

Davairus wrote:
I would rather have vulns go through both of them because this is the wrong idea. Vulns are to balance out races with generous stats, so don't want spells/items that remove them.

So Dav, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that in a hypothetical situation, using an ivy sword against an avian invoker while he/she is mana shielded, the disease damage will damage the invokers health not mana, and using an iron weapon against an elf that has barrier up will have the same effect?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject:

mana shield and barrier don't block pestilence or disease I think. worth looking into.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject:

deadzero wrote:
mana shield and barrier don't block pestilence or disease I think. worth looking into.

not meant to do it.

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject:

yes the ivy sword damage goes through mana shield vs an invoker and if thats true then why don't bash type damage go through a gnomes barrier?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject:

It should be doing that/ Have you tried lately?

0 0 0
Smotpoker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject:

not since two days before my last post >.>

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: