Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 22 hours.

Defending against blackjack

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Defending against blackjack

What is the best way to defend against blackjack? Is it based on the target race's size? Or their save vs blunt? Or random? Or...?

Thanks,
Io

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject:

wear a helmet

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:

adrenaline may help

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Stand in forest spanning murder

0 0 0
Niusan
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Defending against blackjack

iolo wrote:
What is the best way to defend against blackjack? Is it based on the target race's size? Or their save vs blunt? Or random? Or...?

Thanks,
Io

Go with a dice game, possibly roulette... Or just in all seriousness, remain injured. I am not quite in the correct state of mine (thanks irish family drinking night) but there used to be this 'three eyed root' or something to that effect that when you ate it gave you a very weak poison. I know back in my day, some ten years ago when there was always about 40 people on, it made it so I neever got blackjacked, assassinated, strangled, etc. It makes the victim 'cautious'. I would go and check it out but.... Yea, I have some family members to continue drinking with. Hahah. Hope this helps though.

0 0 0
Stephen2_Aust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject:

Above post is close...

Having a weak poison/hunger etc... Won't defend against being blackjacked or strangled or sleeped. BUT it will cause you to wake up every tick, meaning the bad guy has less time to mess with you while you are passed out on the Seringale roads.

As far as I know, there is no true "easy" defense against blackjack - the facetious posts are correct, as your best defense is avoidance - stay out of cities/thief friendly areas unless you need to be there.

0 0 0
Dispater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Chill behind a closed and preferably non-passdoorable door as it opens you know someone is about to sneak in and while they have an "open delay" you can act accordingly. Highly overlooked tactic tbh.

0 0 0
Fireballer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject:

logoff.

0 0 0
Raknar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject:

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIEFS, to blackjack and steal, and run away and later on hear the bitching about stolen items.

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: