Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 4 days, 20 hours.

Vote on whether to do this dirt fix
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Fix dirt this way
Yeay
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
Nay
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject:

Rangers aren't supposed to have a finisher. It's the balancing element that makes them not insanely overpowered. I almost threw up my breakfast when I came back and rangers had a lag skill. It's really surprising you guys weren't up in our shit yelling and screaming about it

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

tbh, the only major rangers then was probably Jaux, and Valox before you returned. Valox was a beast, and Jaux... I dunno. I sadly never got to roleplay much with Valox but from what I was told, he was pretty boss.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject:

Also, this the whole trip thing, is something new for rogues. I haven't played it out, but I often did like trip. But to be honest, if it was a follow up trip from sidestep, it should be far more punishing than a normal trip.

And for bards, they do have a lag skill, but its not worth it as they are lagged out more than the lag itself. Uppercut is nice, but not really good unless you manage to clutch it after a spellcaster lag or accidentally give a spam of commands.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Uppercut's problem is that it break too many design rules. it has unclear purpose.. it tries to be both a silencing and a lagging skill. Both together was obviously extremely OP, so to compensate, they just made it suck for both, and unreliable to boot. And that is why it feels crap.

The person that made this was probably not aware of the dilemma they had gotten themselves into. I think they just took the idea of bash (which although also unreliable, feels rewarding because its effect is immensely satisfying and helpful) and they ran with it hoping for another hit.

I dont mind revisiting uppercut but I dont't think I would have any more luck hitting the mark with that. I think uppercut would be better on thief where it is needed, without the lag part. As it is, it isnt breaking anything and I dont have time to look for a while, so feel free to throw more suggestions.

0 0 0
Andrael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject:

On a past bard, an enemy said that the dislocation only acted for like an hour maybe two at the most. its not a whole lot, but it really is enough to screw someone over. Along with a menagerie of songs. I mean, I killed a necro once just by using the song that turns pets against owners(totally blanked on the name) And from what I remember, it is a mental save against the owner and a matter of the minions level. But just imagine that against a ranger who is relying on a bear, no more bear saves :/

But the best part is that song has to be sung before the start of a skirmish, cause i can't be sung in battle.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: