Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 20 hours.

Animate Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Animate Dead

I was wondering if anyone had some tips for raising zombies. Obviously, finding a mob and spelling them up is a no brainer. Ive seen level 35 necros walking around with mobs 10 levels higher that, when I try and raise, MESS me up with sanc and golems rescuing though. Should I try and hit a lucky sleep, or should I order golems to rescue, acidblast, flee, make new golems, repeat?

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Animate Dead

Solitare wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had some tips for raising zombies. Obviously, finding a mob and spelling them up is a no brainer. Ive seen level 35 necros walking around with mobs 10 levels higher that, when I try and raise, MESS me up with sanc and golems rescuing though. Should I try and hit a lucky sleep, or should I order golems to rescue, acidblast, flee, make new golems, repeat?

blind, o all rescue (name) then acid blast a whole bunch of times. (same thing works for pking)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject:

Try raising some mobs that you are ranking on--you have a group to kill it for you, and odds are the level is higher than yours. Some examples are lady rangers for mid-late 20s and Croben for mid-late 30s.
Also, make friends. Be nice to a warrior/shaman (or better yet both) and have them help you kill things. I cant count how many times Rhastam recruited my thief to kill the shadow dragon with him.
If you must do it alone, blinding and rescuing does not always work--mobs sometimes will redirect to you even if you are blinded. Use sanc, make sure they are blinded, and take your time--dont be afraid to run off and sleep, and take more than one go to do it.

0 0 0
Mental Patient-101

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject:

When I play my necro, I usually sanc, start with blind and vampiric touch my way through. Might also shatter or acid blast a few times.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject:

If your just starting...And just got animate...I suggest you go get the lev 29 darkhaven guards. Those are very nice. And dont try for shits that are 10 levs higher...I usualy go for 2-3 levs higher at the most. But dont listen to me too much seeing as I just made my first necro a coupla months ago and got to 33 then got bored.

0 0 0
Unknown Criminal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject:

In my experience, get a group to help you kill a decent mob, then raise them after they die. Also, im not sure how powerword kill works on this mud, but it cant be any worse than from where I just came from, so try it out as well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject:

I see too many necros try to overdo it and raise three of the "best possible zombie in the game". Thats an unnecessary way to sink time, and really, just going to leave you feeling deflated when the mob gets fixed. That or "pissed at the immortals"(TM).

Look for the following stuff being used by a mob:
dirt
disarm
shield disarm
bash
trip
more attacks/far harder hits than usual

If you see two of those, its a good zombie. If you see three, start dancing. If you see more, its probably too buff, and wants referring to an imp to take a look at. It shouldnt take you more than an hour to raise a full, plenty strong army by yourself.

0 0 0
Unknown Criminal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject:

Also being a necro freak myself I will suggest, raise 2 zombies that like to trip and bash, then raise one for pure damage. With your two golems tripping as well as the two zombies you have more then enough lag to hold someone in place, now focus on your damage boy, spam dispel magic and it should be over fast. This is ofcourse if the necro is the same as where I come from, which I think it is.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject:

Dont think golems lag any more. Shrug.

0 0 0
Cartman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject:

From Dradrul himself. or all k fire soldier ; c a ; c a ;c a ; c a or stone resc dradrul ; c a.

Stone is strongest, has stone skin, let is tank for a long time, maybe even give it a purple.

0 0 0
Mendek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Zombies definately still lagged a month or two ago... last time I fought a necro.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject:

When I posted to look for mobs that had bash and trip, I wasn't just doing it for my amusement. I'll keep that in mind for later though.

0 0 0
Hrash

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject:

Technically, you can raise zombies 10 levels higher. You'd probably guess that it's really super hard. It really does depend on what you want your zombies to do..there's at least one buff zombie for each thing that davairus mentioned. For instance, there are zombies that do chill touch, zombies that are pre-hasted. Send me a message with what level you are and I'll respond with what I know.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: