Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 10 hours.

What the heck is with the Knights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoarding Healer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: What the heck is with the Knights?

Why the heck is everyone leaving? And are they deleting or just leaving the cabal? And if you leave, I thought you were suppose to loss an important skill/spell. Maybe its to do with the restrictions, maybe its not. But what the hell? One minute we were full, the next everyone is quitting...whats up with that? Don't tell me it was just because of Eleanor. Who's left in knights now anyways? And where are all the Knight leaders? I can never seem to find the immortal leader. Maybe I should lead Knights? Not that it matters, but knights are stuck in this big turn it seems. Class restrictions and now everyone withdrawing...does everyone know something that I don't? Sad

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject:

Burzuk will be performing a hostile takeover of Knights in the near future, turning all its members into duergars and forcing them to perform sexual acts with their stallions in front of paying audiences, all in order to fund his ongoing decadent lifestyle. Or so the rumor mill says.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: umm...

Didn't you hear about when we slaughtered just about every knight and full looted? After that we killed a few knights a couple more times...

Now as far as I know all the knights are decked out with...mithril!!!

So yeah, knights are probably scared shitless to log on again and appear as a knight, though someone's still recruiting...i.e. that funny storm healer maiden of valour guy.

0 0 0
Sebryn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
forcing them to perform sexual acts with their stallions in front of paying audiences

Well, hell... that's how Eleanor made money anyway...

How else do you think the Knights could afford that jacuzzi?

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject:

The main reason many of the knights left had to do with this new system. I am not exactly old schol, but I happen to be one of the people who did leave, and I left because of the skill changes, title changes, and specifcally when Soluminus was around I knew who the fuck I was talking to via cabal chat or when it came to promotions and such. Now I dont know who the hell I am talking too, Davairus, Avindus or some imm just trying to mess with my head Shocked And whenever I tried to figure it out they would just be like 'Dont try to figure out who I am, or dont make presumptions'. I mean jesus, get a life I just want to know who I am talking too..

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject:

cabal power swings are happening all the time and knights are on the down swing. sooner or later someone is going to pick it up, get into knights, tear it up, and then you'll be complaining how overpowered the knights are. watch and see.. for example, when's the last time you saw heralds or justice doing pretty well in the recent past? just a while ago warlords were on top of it all, now they are deteriorating..

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

You can say taht about most things...And in most things its very true. The pundulum is swinging... You just need to run under it at the right time.

0 0 0
Aberdour

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Knights

You see Burzaks post? Now you know why I left. No way I was gonna do that to the horsies. Sick Bastard, sick I say! Shocked

0 0 0
Enskel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Flying Hampster of Doom wrote:
The main reason many of the knights left had to do with this new system.

I had to leave until I can work up the self-control to play in moderation. Not having such self-control yet, I had to delete...about 4k exp from level 50.

Crying or Very sad

The new system was definitely not the problem.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject:

Enskel deleted over real life issues.
Titasher has gone inactive because of real life issues.
Eleanor wrote a farewell coz her time is running short.
Keryth I don't know why he deleted but it was not long after he was full looted so I suspect there was some MUD rage behind it.

So thats 1 Knight out of 4 that you can fairly say was left of their own free will i.e. possible distaste for the system. Although it makes no sense to me because he was very close to reaching Guardian, which is the last person who needs be upset about the system. It would have been the final promotion needed for an executor to have been voted for Knights by its members, but I suppose it wasn't to be. Then there's Tristen, who was pretty much forced out of Knights for acting unknightly, very often. He was on thin ice even before the cabal was changed.

There remains a total of 7 Knights, obviously not all of them are the presence that the others were, but they don't appear to be unhappy. Any Knight who left over skill changes is smoking crack because they've still got some of the best cabal skills in the game. There has been no title changes besides the update to squiring system (which so far has shown to be for the better). Similarly promotions was changed up so that all the power wasn't in the immortal's hands - just the mortal leader's share of it, until one could be established. Deleting over multiple immortal syndrome I can understand - but you can't blame me for Avindus logging on out of the blue, then going vis and dubbing himself the leader of Knights after being absent for half a year.

edit: I wanted threads like this to be in the "Battle Arena" section so I'm going to move this.. will also rename the topic

Last edited by Davairus on Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject:

Abe, we all know the reason you left is because we found out that you had been doing 'that' to the stallions.

Yeah.

Gators suck!

:runs away giggling like a fiend:

0 0 0
rho-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Baer and Rho- style.

exactly. Bet they'd never catch me and baer even if they wanted to. Its all about speed baby. SPEED.
________
Dr Platform

Last edited by rho- on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject:

Now are we taling about raping stallions still or about running away giggling? Which one is about the speed? Oh dear.Never mind. I dont wanna know.

0 0 0
Allie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject:

64 lives just arent enough to play a Knight with no fear. lol. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: