Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Legion nerfed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Justice? Protect the law? Bah. No comment.

Uhhh...

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject:

Uhh...

0 0 0
Burzuk
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Fuck me running, I used to wonder why stryth left. He poured so much of himself into this mud, and I guess he saw it coming a long time ago.

Irony aside, most of your self-righteous complaints about "whiney bitches" [sic] doesn't merit a response in a thread where the rest of us are trying to have a productive discussion. However, I think it's amusing when people misattribute all sorts of things to Stryth when they don't even know him IRL. The facts are:

a) Stryth left AR because he had other things to do IRL;
b) Stryth cared enough about AR to continue to pay for AR out of his own pocket after he left, and in fact had been footing the bills entirely during his years of absence until I took over that role; and
c) The pbase plummeted after Stryth left and handed the mud over to Odoacer and after FL opened, etc. He didn't leave AR because it was going downhill--rather, things worsened after he left.

I know you're grasping for justifications for how short-shrifted you feel by the changes against using Legion as a base for senseless and/or OOC gangbanging, but throwing around Stryth's name like this is rather silly.

0 0 0
Neonin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject:

Resatimm wrote:
Keep in mind that I am an Immortal, not an Implementor. You can ask any Immortal, I was pushing for changes to Legion long ago. When Knights got the buffed stallions, I wanted to completely get rid of the shadows just to prove that Legions dont need charmies to slaughter people.

Although I won't get drawn into the debate (not much point when I don't play) I will speak out on Res's defence, not that he needs it. I remember discussing changes to Legion like this with him back long ago when I was last an Imm, and he strongly wanted Legions to become solo killing machines able to hold their own against anyone without help. Hell, I agreed with him. I got sick of Teran, my one half-successful Knight, being chased around by four of the bastards in one go.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Back in the day Stryth always said AR was never intended to be a cabal MUD. What he meant is that cabals are just supposed to be a special thing on the side, not something nessicary like it was back on CF. And, as such, any non-cabal player should be able to hold their own against a caballed player given that they have similar skill levels. So why do we even have cabal skills then? I've always thought they're really only supposed to be there to compensate for the weaknesses that come from being in that cabal. And the weaknesses I'm talking about:

Knights: Need to conduct themselves by a strict code of chivalry (at least they used to)
Warlords: Cannot use any kind of magic/potions.
Justice: Need to constantly attend to their duties as a justice
Assassins: Are bound to their contacts. They cannot back down on a fight against someone who is contracted until that person is dead.

But what weaknesses do the legions have? For the longest time nothing. So what right does any legion have to complain that, finally, they are having some restrictions placed on them on how they can play? All the other cabals have these restrictions. And they all fit in with the roleplay of their cabal. Similarly, I believe that being forced to show your -own- strength and ability to dominate others by your own power alone is a restriction that fits the roleplay of legion perfectly. I don't hear justices bitching about having attend to town or having to hunt down a criminal when he wants to leave. Or warlords whining about not being able to use a recall. And now having to fight on your own is something that legions should get used to.

The Legions, after all, care only strength and gaining power. They're the most evil pack on AR. I think any Legionaire should be insulted by others offering to help them out.

0 0 0
Flying Hampster of Doom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I have said for a very long time now that Legions are not around to Gang Bang. They are not a meant to be a massive group of 3 or 4 running around smiting anyone. If you arent strong enough to pk on your own, get the fuck out of the cabal you pussy ass bitch. Although I understand some times gang'ing, or in defence of a cabal (although that out of range assistance in case of defending a cabal is fucked up bullshit) if you cant pk outside of a cabal you shouldnt be in a cabal. I know I am reiterating a number of points already made, and I dont know how many times on one set of posts a group of people can tell maybe four people the same thing over and over until its pounded into their skull, but let me make this as simple as possible. You want to gangbang, make a non-cabal'd character find some IC buddies and go jerk off together. The cabal's are not the place for it.

Oh yeah.. dav..
Quote:
Knight - not supposed to be gangbanging, until its the only way they can possibly win, due to their code of chivalry (it typically takes them a group to kill anybody with remote skill)

Damn YOU!! Laughing

0 0 0
Nonpoint

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject:

The fact of the matter is... no cabal should be gangbanging unless told to by the immortal or by a superior.. and if its out of hand then let the imms step in and end it.

The other thing is I can see both sides to the assisting/spells.. Really Id like it to taken away so its without aid. It shows more skill for a legion to do something totally unaided then to have haste/sanc.. granted if you are ugula all over again.. damn right Ill run like shit and hide from you.. but nobody is as scared as if he had done it alone ALL the time.. Dont get me wrong Ugula was damn good, but with haste/sanc against anyone 1/2 decent he more than evened the odds. Sorry Kalist, just had to use you as an example..

And lastly.. the fact that Ssrthak is lecturing people on gangbanging makes my ex legion roll over in his grave. And if you invade to make someone come to a cabal.. then they only have to get you out of the cabal.. They dont have to come out to fight you.. Just roleplay for godsake and have a little patience and people will show up and fight you and you cant bitch about them using the guardian. Anyway, tried to keep it short and sweet.. got my views across. Peace out and flame away.

0 0 0
TheOneAndOnly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject:

AcidAngel it is a shame you deleted Quexis. I had more respect for you than most of the other Legions. You had balls, without question. I respected you for that. Walking in taking a glance at a Justice and then attacking, things like that are priceless. Battling knights two on one half naked, granted they were warriors and you were basically invulnerable to them, but ballsy none the less. Despite our disagreeing on this topic I tip my hat to you. Well done.

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject:

Btw, in my last post, "weaknesses" wasn't really a good term to use. Duties and codes of coduct would've been better.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: out of range assistance

Greetings Sir Knight, oh you are busy getting yourself shitkicked. I'm sorry to see that. I would love to help you but since your power are so much greater than mine, the gods would really be mad at me if I did. So I will just go on my merry way to slay some butlers. You are really hurting? I'm really sorry, I really am a pious man usually and my healing powers are somewhat adequate, but I really shouldn't. I mean you are so MUCH greater in power. I just couldn't. Ouch! that looks like it hurt, you can't see? Well good luck. I must be on my way.

No out of range assistance, perhaps great for pk, but I think it sucks for RP.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject:

Prey: Help! I'm being destroyed by Legion1 !!
Legion1 (forsaken) cabal chats: I have him now.
Legion3 (underling): Listen to his screams.
Legion2 (acolyte): You've had your fun. He's mine now, leave.
Legion1: Stay away. Obey me, I am your superior.
Legion2: He isn't a Knight, is he? He's mine.

Prey heals up.
Prey: Help! I'm being exterminated by Legion1 !!
Legion2: I never repeat myself.
Legion 2's slash MANGLES Legion1 !
Legion1 is DEAD!
Legion1: You challenge me?
Legion2: It is my time, your time is over.

Prey heals up.
Legion 2's slash MANGLES Prey!
Prey is DEAD!

Legion1 is demoted to Dreadlord.
Legion2 is promoted to Dreadlord.
An Immortal cackles with insane glee!

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: legion nerfed

That would be awesome for Legion. Although I don't see such system for knights. And such system would not affect out of range assistance.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject:

now.. this is versus..

Legion3 (underling) cabal chats: haste?
Legion2 (acolyte): yeah, ss
Legion3 utters the words,'pahz'
Legion2 is moving more quickly.
Legion1 (forsaken): hurry.. bah
Legion2: sanc
Legion1 closes his eyes momentarily.
Legion2 is surrounded by a white aura.

Prey winks suggestively.
Prey: What, can't fight me alone?
Prey yells, "Help! I am being neutralized by Legion1!"
Prey yells, "Help! I am being shafted by Legion2!"
Prey yells, "Help! I am getting my ashizzle handizzled! by Legion3!"
Prey is DEAD.

Prey crawls in.
Prey winks suggestively.
Prey says, 'weak, took all three of you.'
Prey says, 'even if I fight one of you, you're always hasted and sanc'd'

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: legion nerfed

Seems to me any legionnaire can suffer the same fate as you have suggested for the prey.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject:

Legion2 yells, "That hurt Prey1, I'm going to kick your ass!"
Legion2 yells, "Stab me in the heart all you want Prey2, for I don't have one!"
Legion2 yells, "You should have killed me when you had the chance, Prey3!"
Legion1 (Dreadlord) cabal chats: Don't think I'm going to help you. You are in it by yourself.

Legion2 utters the word, "fireball"
Legion2's fireball === OBLITERATES === Prey1!
Prey1 is DEAD!
Legion2's fireball *** DEVASTATES *** Prey2!
Prey2 is DEAD!
Legion2's fireball *** DEMOLISHES *** Prey1!
Prey1 has fled!
Prey1 crawls east.

Spectator: Those Legionnaires.. They are badass. That must be what they mean by elite. Wow.
Newbie: I better learn how to fight like that someday.

A messenger comes up to you and gives you a NOTE.

Note reads:
Citizens of Thera, we may have let it slip under our noses but better later than never. A force known only as Legion2 has stirred terror in the hearts of many and invigoration in the hearts of even more. Evil is here, and rears its head once again. But this time, perhaps we will be ready. If we aren't, what is to become of us?

Concerned,
Scared_Herald

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: legion nerfed

Hahahahaha,

do you really think dark knight is so overpowered as to take 1 on 3? If anybody, I mean anybody shows dark knight is over powered, Burzuk would nerf it so fast.....It would make your head spin. Refer to my World post Louis

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject:

Legion can already coup each others ranks like that.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject:

of course they can, the opportunity was always there. but it wasn't beneficial to the common Legionnaire because more than individual power and recognition, a guaranteed haste or sanc or gangbanging partner was a better deal.

edit: notice i said common Legionnaire, though Legions should be anything but common. the no-spell aid thing is thankfully a temporary fix (cus its over-the-top), but the more permanent fix is a change in Legion attitude.

0 0 0
Hamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject:

No they all ways couldn't, under Resatimm Zrynth(acoylte) tried to take over Camokathar's(Forsaken) reign, it wasn't allowed.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I think according to Dav, the Forsaken is immune to takeover attempts by dreadlords...etc

Or at least that's what it used to say in the note.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: