Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 15 hours.

talk about bad RPing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DropThat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: talk about bad RPing

Evil or Very Mad So anyone else want to see more RPing. Mad I mean I see evils go and whack emerald creatures all the time. Confused why aren't the druids and rangers stopping them Im the only one who tries. Smile I mean seriously, there are very few rangers and druids and thye dont do squat, plus no goods come and help out either Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I mean even though it is RPing it would increase player battles if people just tried to act like their alignment. and things woiuld pick up around here. and justices cant be in all the time why dont goods help eachother out in town. I mean why bother having town guards and even a town if evils just go around whacking everything I mean I've seen dead shopkeepers for gods sake. its more like living in a buccaneer's den( anyone who knows UO will get it) whenever the Justices are gone. I mean goods are afraid AND alone because they dont band together to fight those evils. I mean shouldnt thieves(evil), ninja(evil), drow, Duerger, and illithid be afraid to mess with anyone in town or even show their face. they could skulk about and Im sure they can survive in town. It'd be like for them how it is for goods in the wilderness, a little scary and dangerous but survivable.

0 0 0
Avendin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject:

Just wait for a dominant cycle of the Knights. The Knights themselves will be off fighting Legion or whatever (I rarely dropped back into town on Avendin), but wannabes and squires will increase in number and will create a good-align focus for more unity, especially in the mid ranks.

0 0 0
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Be careful what you wish for, keep begging for people to RP and you'll have retards like that guy who tried to roleplay his mystic healer as Sailor Moon. Shocked <- haha that's gay

0 0 0
Solitare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: talk about bad RPing

DropThat wrote:
Evil or Very Mad So anyone else want to see more RPing. Mad I mean I see evils go and whack emerald creatures all the time. Confused why aren't the druids and rangers stopping them

My favorite are the rangers and druids(I cant say i've actually seen a druid do this, but I dont see whats stopping them) who try and prevent groups from ranking in emerald because they are 'raping the forest'. These same players for some reason have no problem hunting 'raping' other less popular/populated forests. Go figure.

0 0 0
Saych

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject:

In my opinion the main reason you don't see more rangers and druids protecting the forest, is because emerald forest and a few other forest are really good ranking areas. Don't get me wrong, you could rank somewhere else, but it could quite possibly take twice as long to gain a rank as it does in those forest. Protecting the forest is a hard thing to do when theres a group of 3 that aren't in your range, killing things in the forest. I mean wth is a ranger/druid supposed to do? Watch them go around killing the lovely forest creatures?

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject:

Keep in mind also that not all rangers(I wont comment on druids because Ive never played one) are out to protect the forest. Ive had two evil rangers, including one at 50 in Legion, and I played them both as looking to own and control the forest, not protect it. With that in mind, why the hell would I protect the weak animals there when I could kill them? You can even extend that thought to neutral rangers, who would only protect the forest creatures when it suited them. You seem to be talking about good aligned rangers, who would protect the forest creatures both because the creatures are good and because they are in the forest. Dont get caught up in thinking that any particular class has only one way they should be played.

0 0 0
DropThat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:28 am    Post subject:

Rezakhan wrote:
Keep in mind also that not all rangers(I wont comment on druids because Ive never played one) are out to protect the forest. Ive had two evil rangers, including one at 50 in Legion, and I played them both as looking to own and control the forest, not protect it. With that in mind, why the hell would I protect the weak animals there when I could kill them? You can even extend that thought to neutral rangers, who would only protect the forest creatures when it suited them. You seem to be talking about good aligned rangers, who would protect the forest creatures both because the creatures are good and because they are in the forest. Dont get caught up in thinking that any particular class has only one way they should be played.

my god you're dumb. the ranger class is SUPPOSED to protect the forest, and evils should probably attack towns seeing them as a problem, even an evil ranger that doesnt protect seems like bad RP

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject:

Don't dictate how a class should be roleplayed. Perhaps a ranger is just someone who's comfortable in the wilderness, and thus gains benefits for his time spent. If EVERY ranger roleplayed as protecting the forest, there would never be any high level evil or neutral rangers. Everyone that is able to rank there, spends at least a small time there. Don't try to prove me wrong. People will roleplay how they want, not how you or anyone else thinks they should.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject:

Agreed, if they wanted you to roleplay a certain way that would suck.. you need variety in everyones roleplay. seeing the same thing over and over... I have actually seen someone warn me to stop ranking at the forest. :shrug: But once again everyone has their own way they play and their own personalities. You chose to defend the forest thats your choice.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject:

According to their helpfile, rangers are sworn to protect "nature". There's a number of ways of going about keeping that oath - for example you might decide your ranger is going to protect nature by beating the piss out of people that create abominations of it - and anyone else who deals with the "supernatural".. that obviously covers shamans (they bring plagues), dark-knights, necromancers especially ought to be on a ranger's bad side.. you really need to actively hunt down players like that, not just sit in emerald forest and pulverize the lowbies while nymphs tank. Its fairly easy to find conflicts like this if you examine the game for them. However not all "defilement" of nature is grounds for a ranger to destroy stuff. Rangers wouldn't rebel against the towns. Towns are acceptable because humans need a settlement - ranger's even have a town guildhall. The important thing I'm trying to emphasize here is how players interact with other PLAYERs.. playing protect the mobs is a low level career, because there's nobody ranking in forests in high ranks (i.e. over 40), so you'd need to find other things to do with your roleplay.

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject:

So an evil ranger decides to protect the forest by eliminating all the weak creatures in it and only letting the strong survive. Or he decides that the best way to protect it would be under his control, so he kills a bunch of the animals to set an example to the others. And so on--theres a multitude of different ways to roleplay a class, a race, any character. You're making the mistake of looking at the most common way a class can be played, and thinking thats the only way. Taking that logic, there would never have been a dark knight Justice or Mystic, just Legions. When you expand how you view a class can be played, it makes the game much more interesting.
And before you blindly shoot down my point and call me dumb next time, let me know how many rank 40+ rangers you have had, and Ill respect your opinion quite a bit more.

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Ignorance is not an opinion.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Uh I'm not sure if that was directed at me, since I didnt call anyone dumb. But anyway the only class I haven't had multiples of level 40+ characters of is those psionicists, and that obviously includes rangers. I don't see how playing a lot of characters says anything more than I've played a lot of characters though. But yeah, you name it I've had 3 of it over 40 and probably a 50. Even stupid bards. Uh no offence to bards.

0 0 0
Shade_Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject:

DropThat wrote:
Rezakhan wrote:

my god you're dumb. the ranger class is SUPPOSED to protect the forest, and evils should probably attack towns seeing them as a problem, even an evil ranger that doesnt protect seems like bad RP

He was talking about that, Dav.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Oh ok nevermind. Quote next time Rezakhan!

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Oops. And Dav, believe me, I know you've had enough characters to call me dumb anytime you want.

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:

You need to read the whole thread Dav. You ignore a lot of shit and miss peoples' points pretty often, judging by the responses I've seen you make in the past couple weeks.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Feel through to point out when I' do that. I have to read through a lot and don't have the ability to retain the content of entire threads here in memory anymore, especially when they've slid off-topic. So when someone comes back and replies to a week old post in it thats 6 posts up, I'm going to get a bit confused by that if I don't read the entire thread again. which I probably won't so I think its better just to use /quote or expect idiotic replies

0 0 0
Magik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Nick wrote:
Be careful what you wish for, keep begging for people to RP and you'll have retards like that guy who tried to roleplay his mystic healer as Sailor Moon. Shocked <- haha that's gay

hahaha someone did that? what a retard

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: