Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 5 days, 6 hours.

Best warrior race

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best race for warriors
Giants
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Dwarves
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Humans
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Halflings
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Slith
43%
 43%  [ 13 ]
Duergars
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Elf
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Drow
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Half-elf
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Best warrior race

With all the changes to warriors now, including the hit/damroll changes (gimps low dex races), addition of bows (gimps warriors that rely on dodge), and the addition of favoured weapons (makes every race a bit more unique, and some better than others), what do you think is the best race for a warrior now?

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject:

Where the hell are avians?

0 0 0
divsky
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject:

Hanging out with the gnomes.

0 0 0
Louis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject:

i choose slith as strongest warriors (i mean its been proven...). then i choose halfling for most broken (i have a problem with frodo and sam kicking a balrog's ass instead of running from it). giants are always going to be some of the best warriors in my opinion, they just have so much going for them at 50. though at 35 its a completely different story, especially against dks. well dks at that rank pretty much lord over anyone...

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject:

I have to go with Slith. Dav's slith warlord completely beat the living crap out of Hrash and Taurth all as a rank one. Hrash was blademaster, Taurth was Challenger and Dav's slith was a mere proven.

0 0 0
b00mslang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Warriors can easily kick a dk's ass at 35...

Only difference between warriors and dks at 35 is that dks get fireball and warrior's get a lot more damage. But then fireball is pretty much negated by sanc and lagging.

0 0 0
Seryie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:

I'd choose avian, uber hard to lag. Makes the differance all up.

Unless your a warlord wannabe against the dkn, now that sucks... not much you can do against obliterates.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Dhampiri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Well...

Stone giant warrior is the best, and has always been the best. Sure a slith warrior with a high dex wearing two whips could beat a stone giant berserker. But as a warrior I feel stone giant is best. Louis says slith has been proven best, but I haven't seen it. And as far as Dav's warlord slith being so good, dav is a good player, even though I hate to admit it. Ass hole. Anyhow, I vote giants, stone giant is the best.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject:

For non-warlord firegiant is the best race for warrior, but for warlord it'd have to be halfling or avian. If you ever see a fully decked out level 50 fire warrior legion come at you with sanc, flight, and two cursed weapons you may as well rem all;drop all;say gg.

0 0 0
Insom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Dav may be a good player but he didnt just beat up on good old Ferdinos. He beat Hrash (Morathi) and Taurth (Ramod). Now we have had 4 slith warriors just hammer it in the last half year. How can they not be proven? Sithius, Sethronu, Sserthak and davs unspellable name. Halfers are good, but you see any halfer warriors out there that are not warlord making a name for themselves?

0 0 0
Rezakhan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject:

I voted drow. I love my drow warrior.
However, I think I agree with slith--with the new changes, it seems dex and lack of weaknesses is being rewarded more, and slith have enough strength and constitution along with their dex to be good.

0 0 0
LABruinCub

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad this question is hard to answer. It's AR's goal to make every race unique when playing a warrior, it shouldn't be a clearcut choice for which race makes the best warrior. A lot of the Slith warriors were played by good people who knew how to use the strengths and weaknesses of that race. Same with fire giants and halfling warriors, many of the famous ones I knew were also played by good people who made use of their strengths and weaknesses. So no, to figure out which race makes the best warrior isn't to think back in time to which warrior was the most famous of all; you'd have to ask could a newbie choose a warrior with this particular race and become mildly successful with it because that race makes being warriors so easy? And with that, my vote goes to avians, who are sadly not on the list because you have decent strength, high dex and fly. They can dirt easily, not be tripped, evade bash easily, defend easily with high dex and track with fly and not be limited to having quaff flyings all the time. Yeah, ivys tear them up, but if you are allowing swords to break your high dex + 3 defenses + disarm option, you are probably losing anyways.

0 0 0
E-ant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you'd have to ask could a newbie choose a warrior with this particular race and become mildly successful with it because that race makes being warriors so easy?
= Slith.
Now that training is a lot harder and most people don't even to bother with training unless going for warlords, you have sliths with best defenses. No vulns, fairly high strength. Add in a purple, magenta and a misty air potion and you're untouchable.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: