Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 18 hours.

RexAxles AR Mudlet GUI, Triggers, and Aliases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I thought I would give some insight into some of the ways to use the features of the GUI since a lot has been done in a short amount of time. Literally I think it was around mid march I started making it and then released something shortly after, and then have continued to make it better, so we're looking at not even a month yet.

The full map (loaded in via Preferences & Map button at the top) is great to have open in certain situations like Darkhaven or areas with little visibility. And I am adding more over time. Of course the map doesn't really do anything to prevent you from going into those no-exit rooms, so that will be learning on the users part. Also with the minimap in the bottom left, it makes it even easier to see your position/where you fled to without any scrolling text involved and a consistent dedicated window.

I keep the tick timer on basically all of the time, so useful. I don't even toggle it off. As soon as you quit out it will probably eventually show one TICK APPROACHING message, but then it will stop because it isn't receiving MSDP data from the game. The tick is just a set number of seconds that the user can set (default 25) and so it has no idea of the game's actual tick seconds at any given time.

I keep the disarm wield toggle on all of the time. It's really simple right now just doing a `g 1. || wear 1.` for either the weapon or shield that gets disarmed. I'm going to update this in the next release so you can set a weapon/dual wield or shield and have it logically re-equip the right thing. I'll probably leave the basic `g 1. || wear 1.` as an option as well in case you are changing weapons frequently.

I use `path.find` a ton for quest tracking or any tedious/repetitive moving along the yellow path.

I use `toggle.attack` (ON) and `qw` (or `toggle.track`) (have to set in game target) to track and kill those moving NPCs like panicked bard or the parrot on the pirate ship for example. For the parrot dont turn on auto attack, just track it and paste your respective command quickly when in the room (ex: `grab`).

I use the `toggle.murder` for auto murdering (duh). Works well enough. Going to add in for if the target walks in the room, right now it's only if you walk into a room and see them.

With the new addition of `show.room <name>` (ex: show.room South Square) and `find.room <vnum>` (ex: find.room 4432), I have been using those for various things like finding a room from the Codex or trying to find a room when looking for secrets based on cards. Based on a well developed Map.dat file for room names and path finding. I am working on fixing path finding issues when I find them as I play with it. If the path finding messes up for you (depending on how far you were away from the destination), then getting closer to the area/room and using the `find.room` command again will work better. I am also adding a more forgiving `search.room <name>` that will take a part of the room name (ex: search.room square).

I have started using the new `save.room <desc>` for things like druid seeds or dismounting. I'm sure others could have lots of creative uses. And you can use the room vnum from the saved rooms to try and navigate back to it with `find.room <vnum>`.

I use the Messages box of course for the chat messages that come through, but I have also added a couple of captures like experience gained and showing your proficiency percent of a skill (more to come I'm sure). The beauty of it is being able to look at it or scroll back up if you were moving fast or stepped away and possibly missed an important message.

I keep the Config window open a lot of the time now because of the ease of seeing what Tracked Affects are up or down. It's really useful for any character with a lot of spells to keep up. I even track other things like monster turning/protection creature/whatever and you don't have to have a `:shortcut` for them (ex: set.aff `detect invis:dinv,armor:armo,warcry:war,monster turning,protection creature`).

I don't really type `inventory` or `group` that much in game anymore due to the boxes (msdp.GROUP doesn't give level data, so I still check that sometimes). It's rare I type `score` now as well unless to see some sort of count like items or guildpoints. And of course rare I type `affects` unless to see the actual affect of something because msdp data doesn't provide that. Also I use `up.aff` over and over (if something failed for example). I also toggle `automap` off and `compact` in game. The minimap on the left shows everything the automap shows from all my testing. Typing `map` in game will give a bigger minimap often times I have seen. Something nice, you can see `requesting` hours or `dirt kicking` hours, things like that in the affects window.

And then of course you can hide the left / right / info box at bottom / or entire bottom (gauges and info box) with toggles, as well as swap the left and right if desired. And of course could have the map open on one side or the other or floated. All of that to give a setup that works best for you.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Just an update on a little progress.

The `search.room <name>` is great, going to just remove `show.room <name>` for the next release. Have been working on adding some rooms I have missed when I find them and have fixed a number of pathing issues every time I find them (that would be an issue when using `find.room <vnum>`).

Finally have the storm message MSDP variable fix in place to fix everything/update boxes (ex: 5 lightning messages occur and then game does that reset).

Updated `path.find` to stop at closed doors, had missed that.

Removed the game data from the config box as it took space from the lists just added and moved that game data output to be the first thing shown in the Messages box once you connect. Just a nice to have.

Adding in highlighting target on scan.

Adding in being able to set weapons & shield for disarm wield alias/logic.

I am adding an `Offense Abilities` and `Defense Abilities` list display on the right (set respectively with `set.off <list>` or `set.def <list>`). In the example below that's just showing the capability (I put aliases for a shaman), but it can be any text you want to help you remember anything.

Something cool you can do with these lists based on I am just taking what you pass in basically, is that you can pass in valid ansi color code tags if you wanted to display any of the text in a certain color. (ex: set.off <white>blnd, curs, <red>pson, weak, disp, enfe, phgr, detr, plge, inso, dyst, hyst, blas, sumn, cacn, casi, cacr, harm, flay, quak, endr, dvis, hex, headshrink, kick)

And possibly some other stuff being added/updated.

Last edited by rexaxle on Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey Rexaxle,

I'm not seeing how you are doing the map creation tasks. Are you just using generic_mapper to create/modify the rooms?

Also, can you please share the colour coding you are using for the map terrain types,ie green is forest?

Thanks,
Zooka

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I didn't use any generic_mapper script or anything, I created my own mapping logic. I didn't share that in the package and didn't plan on sharing it. I believe dead shared some mapping logic in another thread that folks can use.

I am continuously making map updates and will update the map available on the main post when I have updates ready. If you are creating your own then I suggest using the other mapping script available in the other thread.

I am basically using nearly the same terrain codes that dead had in his script:
Code:

local terrains = {
    ["city (outside)"] = 428,["city (indoors)"] = 428,["inside (indoors)"] = 428,["road (outside)"] = 428,["forest (outside)"] = 422,["hills (outside)"] = 422,
    ["field (outside)"] = 422,["pond (outside)"] = 424,["lagoon (outside)"] = 424,["mountain (outside)"] = 423,["river (outside)"] = 424,
    ["cave (indoors)"] = 428,["rapids (outside)"] = 424,["field (indoors)"] = 422,["underwater (outside)"] = 424,["ocean (outside)"] = 424,
    ["sand (outside)"] = 423,["forest (indoors)"] = 422,["road (indoors)"] = 428,["river (indoors)"] = 424,["pond (indoors)"] = 424,["underwater (indoors)"] = 424
}

0 0 0
Zooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info, I now have a fully functioning mapping script based on MSDP.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject:

Another big update here!

Code:

- added `set.off <list>` and `set.def <list>` commands to display comma separated text in Config to easily recall (and `get.off` and `get.def` for copying the lists)
- added `show.area <name>` that will display the area map from the website (either in the Messages box if it's small enough or in a popup window that can be expanded / scrolled to see the full area)
- added `show.areas` to display searchable areas with the newly added `show.area <name>` alias
- removed `show.room <name` because `search.room <name>` is better
- added `set.weapon <name>`, `set.offhand <name>`, and `set.shield <name>` that will be used with the disarm wield alias (if any of them are set then it will attempt to grab and wield that name in the respective position when disarmed)
- added `set.timer <desc>` (temporary timers/session based) that will allow you to keep track of a timer/description/room by then using the newly added `show.timers` alias and `clear.timer <desc>` and `clear.timers`
- added trigger logic to start the variable reporting again when a storm / reset happens
- added handfuls of yellow highlights on certain words in the Room Desc box (plan to add helpful messages for certain rooms in the future in this box)
- updated auto murder / auto attack for if the target walks into the room
- `path.find` will stop at closed doors and some other blocks
- added logic that will start keeping track of your container when you either open or close it (and will display it in the inventory box)
- added message on scan displaying `Target is: <num> <dir>` if target is found
- added a `Disconnected At: <date & time>` (your system time) when you quit out for convenience
- various additions of rooms to the map & path finding fixes
- updated help & aliases list

Updated the map and mpackage download available on the main post.

`show.area world` (in popup)

`show.area shadun dalghul` (in popup)

`show.area solace` (in Messages box)

`show.areas`

show direction and how many rooms away target is

disconnect message

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I noticed the open/close container logic for the inventory window was only working temporarily and I am kind of a stickler when it comes to some things so I just put out another release available for download from the main post that fixes this. So it should start out with your container being shown without an open/close message and then the first time you open or close it starts to pick up on it. Other than that I am keeping notes if anything else seems off.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: