Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "Bad Blood - Gulgru vs Afales" is beginning in 6 days, 3 hours.

From "the new knights" - Justices overpowered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebryn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Well, here's the thing...

If you steal and you're successful, it doesn't matter. You're not flagged. As far as I'm aware, even if the person you stole from notices it and tells a Justice, it won't matter since the Justice didn't see it or hear anything.

However, if either A) a Justice sees a thief blackjack someone, or B) your steal attempt is unsuccessful (resulting in a yell and attack from the victim), that is considered an aggressive act, or an attempt on someone else's life. Therefore you'll get flagged.

You could rationalize that stealing isn't an aggressive action, but the way it's coded makes it so. If you attempt blackjack, pry, steal or gag someone and you fail, they're going to yell and you're going to get busted. You can either wait for someone outside of town to do all that, or you can wait until a Justice leaves... or you can just do it right so that the Justice can't hear your victim getting robbed.

I'd say "or simply don't do it," but that's part of the thrill and livelihood behind a thief. However, the same as if you tried to rob a bank or murder someone in our day and age, law does exist, and its enforcers (cops, Justices, whatever) are going to do their job if they have witness or evidence that a law was broken.

Basically, look at it this way: when a Justice is in town, either stay out of town or it's "play at your own risk."

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind stealing a sack full of purple/clear etc from a warrior when the risk is just a small fine... I'll steal the gold to pay it too. Point being steal can really suck. Don't be a big girl's blouse.

0 0 0
Xonovik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Severe penalty for breaking the law is supposed to deter you from doing it. So if you don't like getting wanted, as simply put by a few others, don't break the law, or don't get caught breaking the law. Nothing more to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject:

I was actually thinking about this justice problem. Justices turning murderer ain't cool. So, looking back at the middle ages, thieves were punished by being branded, either with a tattoo or having limbs chopped off. Have the justice pick it or something. That would probably result in a death. The justice could still pocket a fine, and a criminal wouldn't be insta-raped, plus it'd encourage people to take some risks while risk being gimped at the same time.

0 0 0
sweet_canadian_mullet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject:

Well dav, I have discovered our difference in oppion...I am comparing it to the old fee/getting wanted...Verus the new. Lots less items taken and no exp penalty...I guess I just dont agree...Oh well. Damn I need to take over davs mind. That would be SO cool.. Yay! Embarassed

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: